Why not just announce, Dak will play out his contract?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
It's not beyond possible, but it's real unlikely. They'd have to be buried, like 0-6 and Dak would have to be playing terrible for them to make a change. Both of those are unlikely. The only other way would be Lance absolutely balling in pre-season.

Dak has a history of betting on himself and winning. He'll get his bag.
He's going to get his stats, that's a given. He plays like a stud against TOADS in the league or when he's playing against an opponent that goes into their prevent defense in the 2nd quarter because Prescot has all but disappeared so early in a game that an opponent is scoring at will because the defense is already tired because it's on the field the whole 1st and 2nd quarters. Prescot has already stated that he's asking top dollar TO DRIVE UP QB salaries in the NFL! That type of statement says he's not a team player on the Cowboys.................. Mahomes is easily a $70- 80 million dollar a yr QB, who was asked why he's not asking to rework his contract and his response was, " His current contract allows KC to sign players that helps him win championships". Prescot has turned into a younger version of that loser Kurt Cousin.............................LOL!

Praxit

Reaction score
Personally, I don't care how much he makes on the open market as long as it's not with the Cowboys. He's about as untrustworthy of an NFL QB that currently plays in the league. The Packer beatdown should be the last straw for this overpaid, over hyped, less than mediocre QB. Prescot has had a bad habit of going MIA in BIG games and resigning him is just going to extend the Cowboys drought to get deep into the playoffs.
....I really want to disagree here, but cant. ;)..

CWR

Reaction score
He's going to get his stats, that's a given. He plays like a stud against TOADS in the league or when he's playing against an opponent that goes into their prevent defense in the 2nd quarter because Prescot has all but disappeared so early in a game that an opponent is scoring at will because the defense is already tired because it's on the field the whole 1st and 2nd quarters. Prescot has already stated that he's asking top dollar TO DRIVE UP QB salaries in the NFL! That type of statement says he's not a team player on the Cowboys.................. Mahomes is easily a $70- 80 million dollar a yr QB, who was asked why he's not asking to rework his contract and his response was, " His current contract allows KC to sign players that helps him win championships". Prescot has turned into a younger version of that loser Kurt Cousin.............................LOL!
What does this have to do with him getting paid? I don't recall debating merit or comparing him to anyone else. Like I said, he won't be benched and he'll get his bag. Unfortunately it doesn't matter how you or any of us feel.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Personally, I don't care how much he makes on the open market as long as it's not with the Cowboys. He's about as untrustworthy of an NFL QB that currently plays in the league. The Packer beatdown should be the last straw for this overpaid, over hyped, less than mediocre QB. Prescot has had a bad habit of going MIA in BIG games and resigning him is just going to extend the Cowboys drought to get deep into the playoffs.
Micah goes MIA after week 10.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Why would Dak even play if that’s the case? Might as well walk away with your health and wait for FA next season.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Why would Dak even play if that’s the case? Might as well walk away with your health and wait for FA next season.
He’s under contract and he can’t become a free agent in March if he skips the season. The bigger question is why do the Cowboys keep him for this season? They can dump him and get started on their future without him. The would endure an increased cap hit this year and forfeit the 3rd round comp pick they’ll get if he leaves next March, but it may be prudent just to move on immediately.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need a GM that can get us to a SB.
You're wrong at least for the last 8 seasons.
Jerry has put together an SB-caliber team during this time frame and we all know why it has failed to even reach an NFCCG!
I don't see Jerry failing to score enough points or throwing pick 6's and choking big time in the playoffs.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
He’s under contract and he can’t become a free agent in March if he skips the season. The bigger question is why do the Cowboys keep him for this season? They can dump him and get started on their future without him. The would endure an increased cap hit this year and forfeit the 3rd round comp pick they’ll get if he leaves next March, but it may be prudent just to move on immediately.
He wouldn’t be able to be a FA? What would happen to him?

Flamma

Reaction score
You're wrong at least for the last 8 seasons.
Jerry has put together an SB-caliber team during this time frame and we all know why it has failed to even reach an NFCCG!
I don't see Jerry failing to score enough points or throwing pick 6's and choking big time in the playoffs.
You have a good argument over the last 3 years. I won't try to defend him. It was pathetic.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
....with all this talk nonsense occurring, which is actually making Dak look bad.

Jerry should button his pants all the way up and announce no contract will be made until end of year.

..your thoughts?
Doesn’t need to be announced. He’s already committed to playing out his contract. As much as some fans hate him, Dak could easily hold out until partway through the season, avoid any chance of injury, and still become a free agent. I dare saymany QBs would do exactly that to demand a contract. We would really be over the barrel then.

As it is, Dak will play this season, and the contract can be done at any point during the season. There’s no need for an announcement.

Forneymike

Reaction score
....with all this talk nonsense occurring, which is actually making Dak look bad.

Jerry should button his pants all the way up and announce no contract will be made until end of year.

..your thoughts?
What would be the team benefit to do this?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I’m not sure that’s how that works
Just like qualifying for players’ pension. You don’t play the year it doesn’t count as a year. If Dak could get what he wants by walking away he’d be gone. His fines could not be rescinded per the CBA. Not playing does not count as a season played on his current deal. He’s stuck with the Cowboys for another 200ish days. 17 games to go. It’s not about money at this point. Jerry doesn’t want him. That’s Jerry’s prerogative.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Just like qualifying for players’ pension. You don’t play the year it doesn’t count as a year. If Dak could get what he wants by walking away he’d be gone. His fines could not be rescinded per the CBA. Not playing does not count as a season played on his current deal. He’s stuck with the Cowboys for another 200ish days. 17 games to go. It’s not about money at this point. Jerry doesn’t want him. That’s Jerry’s prerogative.
I agree with you about Jerry. But Dak could pay any fine at this point probably without even blinking; my man has made at least 150 mil by now. The whole situation is hypothetical and silly; I’m just saying if it were me, I’d sit it out, four year deal and the owner is announcing “he’s done here” lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
His cap hit would go up this year if he is cut.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
because that would be smart, and this FO is not smart...the gaslighting this FO will do to the fan base when faced with inevitable end of this about a "Rebuild" that this FO will not do is going to burn this place down.