Why not just start Trey Lance?

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Niners decided on Trey Lance as their starter for the 2022 season.
- He started the first 2 games and was injured after 3 passes in the 2nd game.
- While Lance was out for the season, Brock Purdy proved himself.
Trance was given the starting job.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah.....they took a look at JimmyG and decided he was a scrub.

lol.

JimmyG lost his QB1 job because Lance balled out in camp.
Not what happened. If so there would have been no reason to bring in Darnold. If he beat our Jimmy, he definitely would have been our Darnold.

Nice try.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yeah.....they took a look at JimmyG and decided he was a scrub.

lol.

JimmyG lost his QB1 job because Lance balled out in camp.
Not what happened. If so there would have been no reason to bring in Darnold. If he beat our Jimmy, he definitely would have been our Darnold.

Nice try.
You left out the part where Lance breaks his leg and has to have multiple surgeries.

Misses the entire 2022 season/playoffs.

And JimmyG left too.

Darnold is not better than Lance or JimmyG.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You left out the part where Lance breaks his leg and has to have multiple surgeries.

And JimmyG left too.

Darnold is not better than Lance or JimmyG.
You left out the part were Purdy got hurt. Did Trance have major surgery?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, but I’d like to see how he looks in camp before making him the starter. I’m not just handing keys and positive vibes over and hope it’s gonna go well. Give me something tangible that I can point to and say ok let’s see how it goes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, but I’d like to see how he looks in camp before making him the starter. I’m not just handing keys and positive vibes over and hope it’s gonna go well. Give me something tangible that I can point to and say ok let’s see how it goes.
If we are in 100% rebuild mode might as well start him to get a top 10 pick. That gives a year to evaluate him.

I just want to be all in or all out.

shabazz

Reaction score
Making Lance the starter should help us in the 2025 draft. We are going to lose to the good teams so may as well lose to the bad ones too.......unless we are now among the bad ones.:muttley:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Lance was demoted to 3rd string, Purdy had started a total of 5 regular season games. Who in their right mind would think that Purdy could prove himself after 5 regular season games? Lance lost the starting job because he is awful...
He won 2 playoff games and was injured after 2 pass attempts in the 3rd playoff game. He came back in the game after the backup was injured but his elbow was blown out. He had 2 short passes but couldn't throw more than a few feet. He had the Tommy John injury (torn UCL).

His QB rating for the playoffs was 109.8

He was 5-0 during the season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He won 2 playoff games and was injured after 2 pass attempts in the 3rd playoff game. He came back in the game after the backup was injured but his elbow was blown out. He had 2 short passes but couldn't throw more than a few feet. He had the Tommy John injury (torn UCL).

Who's injury was worse Trance's or Purdy's?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
The Joneses think the Cowboys can win the Super Bowl with Dak. They are telling the truth on that statement even though people disagree on this board.
The "Joneses" want YOU TO THINK they believe Dak can win a SB. Follow the money, not the mouth.

Jimbo123

Reaction score

So you're saying that after just 7 games Purdy had proved himself to bench the phenom # 3 pick? It wasn't Purdy who benched Lance, it was Lance who benched Lance. He is awful.. If Lance had any skills the 49ers would have made him #2 and traded Darnold.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So you're saying that after just 7 games Purdy had proved himself to bench the phenom # 3 pick? It wasn't Purdy who benched Lance, it was Lance who benched Lance. He is awful.. If Lance had any skills the 49ers would have made him #2 and traded Darnold.
They went with Purdy.

We got Lance.

I’m not complaining. It’s doesn’t matter why they broke up.

We got the better QB.

MikeT22

Reaction score

So was Lance’s injury career threatening? If not then I don’t see why SF gave up on him after spending 3 first round picks on him.

So he either has an injury he can’t recover fully from and it was another dumb Jerry trade…or Lance was just so bad that SF bailed on him and took their loss, making it another dumb trade by Jerry.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They went with Purdy.

We got Lance.

I’m not complaining. It’s doesn’t matter why they broke up.

We got the better QB.
If Lance is better than Purdy, why doesn’t he play? More than that, why isn’t he signed beyond this season? You may hold him in high regard, apparently the Dallas Cowboys are not convinced he is worth keeping.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Purdy's injury was__because he and the Forty-niners were playing for the NFC Championship and a berth in the Super Bowl.
Not talking about the timing.

Tired of hearing about injury excuses for Trance.