Why not Vinatieri???

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
On the ranch report Wednesday evening, Mickey said that Vinateiri was scheduled to come to Dallas after his visit with Indianapolis. His agent called with the Colts offer and told them they had one hour to top it and the Cowboys decided that it was too much.

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/cowboys/demand/spagnola_032206.rm&proto=rtsp&rbnkey=1

Ahh.. Screw him!

He'll be losing in the playoffs next year with Manning.

Manning is no Brady...:D

Vanderjagt was right!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The commentators have always said that there is no wind down on field.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Gibbs II said:
Can someone explain to me the effect of the Cowboy's dome on the wind?

There is absolutely no wind down there. In high school my team practiced at Texas Stadium the Wednesday before playing a playoff game. On the field with the sun shinning it was brutally hot, humid, ... and absolutely NO breeze. I probably lost a good deal of weight in sweat that day. :)

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it was just an oversignt. I know the idea that the front office simply goofed and lost of track of Adam V. seems impossible but they are human. The team got so caught up in the TO signing that they overlooked Adam V. After the Colts signed him, the Cowboys were reminded how important it was to acquire a kicker which is why they picked up Vanderjagt.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
For all of you who think Vinateiri is perfect did you even watch the playoffs this past year?!

Vinateiri missed a FG against Denver, in the 4th quarter of their playoff game, from about 42 yards that would have pulled NE close. It was a HUGE miss. Very crucial in the outcome of that game.

Vinateiri would have been my first choice, but Vanderjagt is just as good a kicker.

How some people can complain about signing the BEST statistical kicker in the league the last several years is beyond me.

Unbelievable!! :lmao: :lmao:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tass said:
Are you kidding? Let me get this right, we could have signed a playoff-proven, younger, stronger legged clutch kicker for 500k more? I just don't get it.

"Hey, why pay Vinatieri that extra 500k? We can get that older, weaker guy that blew it in the playoffs for almost the same money!"

Yikes, fellas.
Ever consider that maybe he didn't want to come here?

the_h0wey

Reaction score
To be honest I would much rather have the most clutch kicker of all time than the most accurate....

Rumor

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
Get over it.. and for someone with a weaker leg.. he sure does have a better % hitting 40+ FG than Adam V.

Exactly right...he blows one kick in the playoffs and all of the sudden he isnt "clutch" or doesnt have a strong leg....thats ridiculous....if you look at his "clutch" performances, you will see he is very good. And lets not forget the NFL's highest percentage kicker....plz layoff...the only reason I would want AV or Vandy is for kickoffs....other than that AV's "clutch" kicks cant compare to Vandy's nearly 90% career avg.
:star:

Rumor

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
For all of you who think Vinateiri is perfect did you even watch the playoffs this past year?!

Vinateiri missed a FG against Denver, in the 4th quarter of their playoff game, from about 42 yards that would have pulled NE close. It was a HUGE miss. Very crucial in the outcome of that game.

Vinateiri would have been my first choice, but Vanderjagt is just as good a kicker.

How some people can complain about signing the BEST statistical kicker in the league the last several years is beyond me.

Unbelievable!! :lmao: :lmao:

oh, but when Mr. Clutch misses a clutch kick everyone seems to not have watched it....I love AV and he is one of the greats as far as kickers go, but he is over rated in my opinion...no one cares to remember his misses and his percentages just the 2 superbowls....

neosapien23

Reaction score
I don't think Dallas will be playing alot of close games this year. TO, Glenn, Witten, and Jones are going to hang up alot of points this year. This is going to be Bledsoe's year and he has to come threw. He will not have a better chance to win a Superbowl. I don't think FGs are going to determine games like they did last year.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
I guess I would have liked us to sign Vinatieri, but Vandy is a solid kicker. I really can't complain. This is definitely a Big upgrade and potentially the best kicker in Dallas history.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Colts used him for kickoffs.