CFZ Why optimistic “best case scenario” thinking is not good for a front office

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since they are so optimistic, they should run a promotion. Any game lost at home, it's refunded. If the Cowboys don't reach the NFC championship game, all season ticket holders get refunded.
That’s a great idea that we know will never happen. That might be the only way to hold the Jones empire accountable to something besides themselves.

There‘s a certain truth in life- if there’s no accountability at the top of an organization, there can be none anywhere else in that organization. Having an executive position because your daddy owns the place has been shown many times over in research studies to hurt the success of large organizations. It can work with mom and pop stores but is exponentially harder with big companies.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They haven’t addressed it yet. That’s the head scratcher.
Yep.. definitely a concern. And if we are waiting for a waiver wire release in August then it could become a real problem for us if we are serious about contending without a proven kicker.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think their mission was build the defense this year. (Check)

Next year tearing into the offense under a new HC and system.

I approve

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s a great idea that we know will never happen. That might be the only way to hold the Jones empire accountable to something besides themselves.

There‘s a certain truth in life- if there’s no accountability at the top of an organization, there can be none anywhere else in that organization. Having an executive position because your daddy owns the place has been shown many times over in research studies to hurt the success of large organizations. It can work with mom and pop stores but is exponentially harder with big companies.
Yep

It’s fine if Daddy wants to employ all of the kids. That’s his choice and can’t blame him .

The solution then lies in the fans hand in how much we support as patrons . And that’s where we have failed as fans cumulatively .

We have continued sending this Jone$ Clan the wrong message with Record Revenue without greater results this era. We haven’t held them accountable.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I approve
I think they have improved the defense on paper. I really like the Mazi Smith pick. He gives me hope that stopping the run is finally- seriously on this team’s radar.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s a reason you don’t have the same guy as Director of Sales and Director of Operations.

And why the Dallas Cowboys have a conflict of interest at the top.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think they have improved the defense on paper. I really like the Mazi Smith pick. He gives me hope that stopping the run is finally- seriously on this team’s radar.
Yea, let’s hope he’s not another Trysten Hill bust pick .

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I approve
Maybe so but our OL could be a greater weakness if Tyron or Martin go down .