Why should Garrett be kept in a championship season?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
And once again the cooper trade is what turned the season around in that season. I doubt Garrett had much to do with that.

Before that Garrett couldnt even coach his way out of a wet paper bag with what was already on the team. Pathetic

How does he keep a team focused when players are the ones who disagrees with how he does things.

I wouldn't call getting to 13-3 with a rookie 4th round quarterback "not coaching his way out of a paper bag".

And as far as the players disagreeing with how he does things, there's always players like that...

visionary

Reaction score
There have been other stats, no team in NFL history lost their 1st 2 games of the season and made it to the SB that is until Dallas did it. There are always 1st times in the world of sports and is actually what makes it interesting it is not a TV or movie script. Stats like the one you posted are meaningless and would tell you that, You are who you are until you prove otherwise. I'm not going to say he will win or not but what I have said is should he get this team to the SB then of course as HC he will be given credit by any person who has an ounce of sense just as any other HC who has won. If he fails and gets fired then I have said hundred times I will not shed a tear because I know he was given ample time.

Your posts are laughable

You have been saying every year for at least the last 3 years (probably longer) that this should be Garrett's last year and every year I tell you that you will come up with a different excuse for mediocrity and you say, no but every year you do exactly that

Read your own posts

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
At least nearly all of us agree that barring getting to at least the NFC championship Garrett should be let go.

If he's truly as useless as some think, then there's zero chance of getting there, so those folks have an excellent chance of getting their wish...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Your posts are laughable

You have been saying every year for at least the last 3 years (probably longer) that this should be Garrett's last year and every year I tell you that you will come up with a different excuse for mediocrity and you say, no but every year you do exactly that

Read your own posts

Your post are, because something has not happened before it can never happen? BS. Sports is filled with cases of things happening that have never happened before. I have read my post in 2015 I did feel Jason should be fired and would have if I were in Jones shoe. 2016 season come around Garrett goes into the season rookie 4th rd QB, Rookie RB and not only win the division they put up a 13-3 record he wins coach of the year and you think Jerry is going to fire him after that season? Your dumber than I thought. I have no control over any coach or player being fired and if Jason fails this year I have no qualm about it. However when I say should they win would he deserve credit? Damn right he would regardless of yours or anyone else agenda.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
As much as anyone "enjoys their opinion", I do, though I don't see what enjoyment has to do with my opinion. If I'm of the opinion he should be fired, and he's not, that doesn't affect my opinion...

I cant tell when so many panties are in a bunch over one thread.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
When I heard there would be a coaching shakeup, and for a moment it was rumored that Dallas would go after a strong OC, the hypothetical situation stuck in my head about what would happen after a great season. If the new OC made that much of a difference, they would surely be a HC candidate. Does that mean we keep Garrett and let the new blood leave? Would we ditch Garrett after success in order to retain the OC (via a promotion)? It would definitely be a dilemma, unless you could pay enough to keep them both here. With Moore being new to the position, there'd probably be some reluctance to swipe him from us, but it only takes one interested team.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
I my eyes you keep coaches that have their hands on things. You keep the BB and McVeys, you dont keep the Garrett's who stand on the sideline, clap and make absolutely zero impact on a season.

Why should Garrett stay if the coordinators and players were the real reason of any success? That is like taking credit for someone elses work.

Once the owner tells you to just stand there, put your hands on nothing, and become a motivational puppet, you are a complete joke now.

I will never consider Garrett a SB winning coach even if it does happen. I am not naive enough to believe he would win anywhere else if such a situation acurred.

How do most fans not consider Barry Switzer a SB winning coach but would consider Garrett one!

""In such a situation""
Then you cannot consider Jimmy Johnson a winning SB coach. Fact is all he did was walk the sideline during games, his coordinators called all the plays!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
After 8 years? Yes.

I mean that’s the goal right?

To me “getting the job done” for a coach, means developing a program, trending upward and then winning a championship.

To Garret’s credit he did a good job building a program and did trend the team upward.

But he has plateaued and failed to get to the last and most important part
That’s the ultimate goal .

But he’s met your other criteria and why this is absurd. Lol

sean10mm

Reaction score
Coaching is more than play-calling. In that respect I'll agree with the Garrett partisans who say you can't reduce everything to play selection in games.

The problem for Garrett supporters is that he's not on Jimmy Johnson's tier when it comes to the non-playcalling things, either. He certainly hasn't engineered any personnel moves that can rival what Jimmy did. He can't manage superstar personalities like Jimmy did, who was a past master at managing the celebrity-athlete psychology.

In general Garrett seems to want to reproduce the 1990s formula, when Jimmy himself wouldn't do things in 2019 like he did in 1992 if he was still coaching.

But to answer the original question, Garrett is coach forever if he wins a ring, and he will get all the credit even if he just drank coffee and lotioned up his hands after clap practices.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As much as anyone "enjoys their opinion", I do, though I don't see what enjoyment has to do with my opinion. If I'm of the opinion he should be fired, and he's not, that doesn't affect my opinion...
He’s pinned the tail on the donkey ( Garrett). Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So, everyone believes we have a greater or more talented team than the Final 4 in NFL. All we are lacking is coaching?

We have a 22nd ranked offense with a middle tier QB, league leading rusher and a top 10 defense. We should be winning championships? Ok then., lol

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You either like him or you don't. The HC always gets the blame. His fault the defense gave up 250 yard on the ground to the rams.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I my eyes you keep coaches that have their hands on things. You keep the BB and McVeys, you dont keep the Garrett's who stand on the sideline, clap and make absolutely zero impact on a season.

Why should Garrett stay if the coordinators and players were the real reason of any success? That is like taking credit for someone elses work.

Once the owner tells you to just stand there, put your hands on nothing, and become a motivational puppet, you are a complete joke now.

I will never consider Garrett a SB winning coach even if it does happen. I am not naive enough to believe he would win anywhere else if such a situation acurred.

How do most fans not consider Barry Switzer a SB winning coach but would consider Garrett one!

""In such a situation""

Said it for almost a decade now, if JG wins the superbowl, I want him fired the next day because our winning will have not been because of him.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I think Jerry made somewhat of a statement by not extending Garret. If the team doesn't improve, it is likely his last year as a head coach........anywhere.
Making it clear that Kellen Moore is to go directly to him if Garrett interferes in anyway with the offense is the biggest statement.

Fire407

Reaction score
At least nearly all of us agree that barring getting to at least the NFC championship Garrett should be let go.

If he's truly as useless as some think, then there's zero chance of getting there, so those folks have an excellent chance of getting their wish...
The players could be talented enough to overcome their coaching.