Why So Much Negativity?

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to wonder why there was so much negativity. Probably from 2010-2016. When someone was negative, I would question their fandom.

Ultimately, I had to take a step back and reevaluate. I realized these “haters” were really just upset the team wasn’t performing better than they were, despite their tactic of expressing themselves. And I came to the conclusion that in my arguing with them, I was actually trying to just get them to shut up about mediocre results. Just be happy, regardless of outcome. I had to question myself about why in the world would I argue against better results. I still haven’t come up with or heard a good answer to that question.

My advice is to quit worrying about negativity. Winning will take care of that. Worry about the team winning.

that’s one way to look at it. But overall I think negativity is driven by people who want to be right, beyond anything else. It’s a societal issue - not specific to the cowboys so I don’t think it’s about ‘years of anguish’

gmb1

Reaction score
I think the negativity stems from the PTSD we have from the many years of futility. I try to be positive. I have more hope this year than I have in the past. So, that's a start. :thumbup:
Definitely PTSD thanks to Jason Garrett. Luckily that SOB is gone and we have Big Mac, not the sandwich. :)

Blackrain

Reaction score
I get it, just messing with you.....I like doing that, in case you haven't noticed.

Its all good , Really hoping this thing comes together for all of us . We have the talent to get it done and seem to be healthy compared to most teams . Just got to get this offense squared away by the tournament and if we could somehow manage NOT to have to go to Lambeau field I feel that would be a plus

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Because of the 1996 season to the present.

That's my guess.

@ OP
The above post + U R a Member Since:May 22, 2016
Come on man, since you registered there have been untold threads questioning positivity & negativity.

Sit in your preferred camp and enjoy the cowboyszone

It aint broke don't need fixing*

*The Forum. Although a superbowl win would alter the negative charge for a while.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
25 years if disappointment does that, when the fans expect the team to play like the glory years and the team disappoints , they get nit picky .
Trust is earned. ( Continue to pound teams slowly they will turn around )

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He didn't tell anyone how to feel, the negative ones wouldn't listen anyway or post something like you just did. He made an observation and told you how he feels.
That's the implications of his post.
What are you so negative?
Then he lists reasons not to be negative.
Sounds like he has a problem with negative Nancy's to me.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think in a very nice way, the op is just saying it's really annoying to go into every thread and see the same 5 posters **** all over a team that currently has greatly surpassed those 5 morons projections in August and to let us Cowboy fans who believe in them, actually enjoy a few threads about our favorite team for once...
Put them on ignore. But they have a right to be here just like he does.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
that’s one way to look at it. But overall I think negativity is driven by people who want to be right, beyond anything else. It’s a societal issue - not specific to the cowboys so I don’t think it’s about ‘years of anguish’
Exactly. And people wanting to be the Super Star of the internet... guess they never won anything in their lives.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
As I said in a different thread. Fans come on sports forums like this for 1 of 3 reasons generally:
- To cheer the team
- To discuss the team
- To vent about the team

These groups frequently do not get along.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And we have the right to call them out, problem is that most of them can dish it out, but can't take it. The call players trash, garbage, morons etc, then get butt hurt when they are called out for it.
I'm all for you calling them out. I like the interchange.
But people seem not to like the opposition and want them silence.
That's when I say, if it's that bad then simply ignore them.
But that's just my two cents.
Carry on.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carry on.
I get a kick out of it. 9 times out of 10 I'm just messing with them.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
And we have the right to call them out, problem is that most of them can dish it out, but can't take it. The call players trash, garbage, morons etc, then get butt hurt when they are called out for it.

Yep I got a 3 day benching because none of them could handle my smoke. Threw one of the meanest right hooks those haters have ever seen. Man...if that thread could of stayed up.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think in a very nice way, the op is just saying it's really annoying to go into every thread and see the same 5 posters **** all over a team that currently has greatly surpassed those 5 morons projections in August and to let us Cowboy fans who believe in them, actually enjoy a few threads about our favorite team for once...
Thank You! Boom, Yahtzee, Winner winner chicken dinner!

I thought being nice would avoid negativity, really didn't expect to see the negaturds expose themselves or even be in the conversation at all really. Funniest part, they don't even see it.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Carry on.

Yea would of been nice of people would of just done that with the last pres....err I mean Mr. 45. Haters found a way to silence that man. Not the way the world works anymore. Haters get to say whatever they want and get away with it and the opposition gets muted because "they have every right to **** on every thread"

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They just have higher standards for the team. Homers have low standards. Well, that’s being generous. They actually have no standards. They are just as happy with missing the playoffs as they would winning the SB. They are more interesting in arguing with “haters” than discussing the team. Just look at the % of posts homers have regarding football compared to whining about other’s opinions. It is extremely lopsided, but they believe they are doing the board a favor by playing white knight.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yea would of been nice of people would of just done that with the last pres....err I mean Mr. 45. Haters found a way to silence that man. Not the way the world works anymore. Haters get to say whatever they want and get away with it and the opposition gets muted because "they have every right to **** on every thread"
He silenced himself.