Why So Much Negativity?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I used to wonder why there was so much negativity. Probably from 2010-2016. When someone was negative, I would question their fandom.

Ultimately, I had to take a step back and reevaluate. I realized these “haters” were really just upset the team wasn’t performing better than they were, despite their tactic of expressing themselves. And I came to the conclusion that in my arguing with them, I was actually trying to just get them to shut up about mediocre results. Just be happy, regardless of outcome. I had to question myself about why in the world would I argue against better results. I still haven’t come up with or heard a good answer to that question.

My advice is to quit worrying about negativity. Winning will take care of that. Worry about the team winning.

Nexx

Reaction score
I don’t see much negative. We have the turn blind eye to the obvious Dakazoids vs the realist who see Dak for who he is battling it out. The team is 10-4 not much to negative about there are things you can be concerned about namely the offensive and Dak’s performance over past 6 games he’s played

starfan1

Reaction score
It is funny, at the beginning of the year, they said the defense wasn't good enough. Now they say the offense isn't good enough. All this going on and they have a good shot at the number 1 spot and the best record in the league.
Ya and to top that off most of the group that whines so consistently probably had us winning 9 or less games and we’ve already surpassed that

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Some people are never happy with the Cowboys and they will nit pic every aspect no matter what they do or how successful we/they are, they have had allot to complain about for twenty years and have hung around doing it day after day. This year its a QB with a 98% passer rating, a QB that is the only QB to pass for 450 yards 3 consecutive seasons, the only QB in history to pass for over 400 yards and rush for 3 TD's in a game all this stupid complaining against a team that just made the playoffs, will ultimately win the NFCE division and will also ultimately sweep the NFCE which has only been done twice in history (Cowboys in 98 the eagles in- forgot the year who cares anyway about the eagles). Complaining even though we have a defense that is peaking and could end up as a top 5 or better defense. A team with 6 pro bowlers, a team who is in the top 3 in Drafting Pro Bowl players.

I am optimistic and I got no complaints right now. Think Positive you will feel better. :flagwave:
no matter what you say here you are damned if you do and damned if you dont

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Some people are never happy with the Cowboys and they will nit pic every aspect no matter what they do or how successful we/they are, they have had allot to complain about for twenty years and have hung around doing it day after day. This year its a QB with a 98% passer rating, a QB that is the only QB to pass for 450 yards 3 consecutive seasons, the only QB in history to pass for over 400 yards and rush for 3 TD's in a game all this stupid complaining against a team that just made the playoffs, will ultimately win the NFCE division and will also ultimately sweep the NFCE which has only been done twice in history (Cowboys in 98 the eagles in- forgot the year who cares anyway about the eagles). Complaining even though we have a defense that is peaking and could end up as a top 5 or better defense. A team with 6 pro bowlers, a team who is in the top 3 in Drafting Pro Bowl players.

I am optimistic and I got no complaints right now. Think Positive you will feel better. :flagwave:

Fans of this team get wary quickly because we've been disappointed so many times. We haven't won a championship since the last century. Last time we won it all, dialup Internet, and especially AOL, was a new thing. Smartphones were still several years away, and there was no such thing as social media. Since then it's been mostly mediocrity with an occasional team that looked like it had a chance. So people notice any sign of a crack in the armor and are like, "Oh, no, here we go again."

But you're right that there are plenty of reasons to be positive. The defense was historically bad last year. It was one of the worst defenses I've ever seen on any team. I thought that the best they could hope for would be to improve to being an average defense, but they've outdone that. This is a defense that can carry a team, one that can score, and one that can bail out an offense's screw up. We'll see what happens. This team does have a shot at it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Fans of this team get wary quickly because we've been disappointed so many times. We haven't won a championship since the last century. Last time we won it all, dialup Internet, and especially AOL, was a new thing. Smartphones were still several years away, and there was no such thing as social media. Since then it's been mostly mediocrity with an occasional team that looked like it had a chance. So people notice any sign of a crack in the armor and are like, "Oh, no, here we go again."

But you're right that there are plenty of reasons to be positive. The defense was historically bad last year. It was one of the worst defenses I've ever seen on any team. I thought that the best they could hope for would be to improve to being an average defense, but they've outdone that. This is a defense that can carry a team, one that can score, and one that can bail out an offense's screw up. We'll see what happens. This team does have a shot at it.
Excellent post.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I absolutely agree. I've simply learned to ignore the "Soandso sucks" crowd.
I used always say Garrett Sucks, but that was more of a ko
I used to wonder why there was so much negativity. Probably from 2010-2016. When someone was negative, I would question their fandom.

Ultimately, I had to take a step back and reevaluate. I realized these “haters” were really just upset the team wasn’t performing better than they were, despite their tactic of expressing themselves. And I came to the conclusion that in my arguing with them, I was actually trying to just get them to shut up about mediocre results. Just be happy, regardless of outcome. I had to question myself about why in the world would I argue against better results. I still haven’t come up with or heard a good answer to that question.

My advice is to quit worrying about negativity. Winning will take care of that. Worry about the team winning.
I don't have an issue with the criticism of the game of player. My issue is when fans show a true disdain for a player or coach and refuse to give them credit when they succeed....I also hate the name calling....

kskboys

Reaction score
I used always say Garrett Sucks, but that was more of a ko

I don't have an issue with the criticism of the game of player. My issue is when fans show a true disdain for a player or coach and refuse to give them credit when they succeed....I also hate the name calling....
We feel the same way about this.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think the negativity stems from the PTSD we have from the many years of futility. I try to be positive. I have more hope this year than I have in the past. So, that's a start. :thumbup:

That what it is for me. It seems like "negativity" to people who see everything the Cowboys do as positive, even in years when things go wrong.

The last time I got sucked in was 2016 and it was playoff heartbreak, again. I'm not "negative" but I need to see it to believe it now - in January.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Xmas Homer Ho Ho Ho........See if our QB can throw a completion over 20 yards first then we can all start getting giddy about how great we are doing mostly beating dog teams with backup QB.
Merry Xmas!
You're even negative when you say Merry Christmas, you use an X, instead of Christ!!
Lol!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Or maybe our defense will get better since they've finally been playing together with out starters back and building continuity.....or is that too much positivity?

That is very possible and I would love to see it . Nothing better than seeing Rodgers on his back at Lambeau but the competition will be stiffer than it is now in the tournament . Thats not saying that Im not positive that our defense can compete on a playoff level just that it might not be quite the Bonanza we have gotten used to lately with the teams we have been facing

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is very possible and I would love to see it . Nothing better than seeing Rodgers on his back at Lambeau but the competition will be stiffer than it is now in the tournament . Thats not saying that Im not positive that our defense can compete on a playoff level just that it might not be quite the Bonanza we have gotten used to lately with the teams we have been facing
I get it, just messing with you.....I like doing that, in case you haven't noticed.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
It’s because a bunch of posters are Philadelphia accountants. Worrying too much over who gets paid what.