Why the 4th and 3 failed

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I think you are over looking the fact we should have not been going for the first down anyway. Should have gotten the 3 points and tied the game.
Sure but I'm not mad at the decision either. If it works, we're excited and McCarthy is being cheered for being Anti-Garrett and having a huge pair. I also agree, the points would have been better but at that point, the defense hadn't even made them punt yet.

John813

Reaction score
The defense still was scary to watch, but they did a better job slowing down the Rams in the second half.

FG was the best option there but we put all the cards on the table but the Rams had the better hand that down.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good breakdown here. Good defensive call, give them credit. Not as simple as Lamb not getting to the marker.

KM is the reason..his training wheels are off and it was more of the same 2019 withour Garett..seems choppy comparted to Mcvays game plan was working all day TOP was being ate up while we couldn't move the ball consistently with all that talent..hmmm

Bluedocd

Reaction score
Sure but I'm not mad at the decision either. If it works, we're excited and McCarthy is being cheered for being Anti-Garrett and having a huge pair. I also agree, the points would have been better but at that point, the defense hadn't even made them punt yet.
All the more reason to get the points. Another score by the Rams would have put the game away anyway. the boys were fortunate the Rams didn't score again.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
thats why you kick the field goal

and of course its a bad throw by Dak. He leads the receiver and its a 1st down
disagree totally with kick, but 100% on Dak for not leading him. Lamb gets a step he's gone and we don't have this discussion

Acheman08

Reaction score
As Bluestar said above, if it works, McCarthy is being heralded. I would have kicked a FG there though, however, even though the D tightened up in the 2nd half, they werent stopping the Rams much and I still think even with the FG they still lose.

Acheman08

Reaction score
Oh and, the offense looks exactly like last year. Yes they had a couple of good drives but, the difference between the Rams and the Boys on Offense was glaring. They got big chunks on every play, Dak is just standing there waiting for people to get open and turn around.