Why the 4th and 3 failed

Staubacher

Reaction score
Yeah.

I don't imply we fire McCarthy.

I just want to know if we agree or disagree that a honeymoon is over?

It was a meaningful comment. Not click bait or anything.

This year had us at a disadvantage the moment we knew there was no preseason and meetings would be on Zoom.
I hear ya. Defense and offense looked the same as it always does, 8-8. I personally loved going for it on 4th and 3 I'd rather win or lose that way.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me here? No wonder this fool is no longer a QB in the NFL. What an assigning breakdown of this entire play. This is all QB. Now, I will say this, the inexperience of Lamb did show up in this game and on that play, for sure but if you look at that play, this is all on the QB.

1. Lamb is a Rookie and you gotta know that. This is why Troy never threw to Rookies or NGs.

2. This entire play is the Safety read. If the deep Safety crashes down, then boom, you have a TD or at worst, a 1st. If that read is done properly, then you immediately know that you have Cooper at the second level for a 1st down at worst.

3. You have Zeke in the corner of the endzone on an easy throw because let me tell you, Zeke has his guy beat on this play for 6.

This play is all on Dak IMO.
You can see Dak's indecision in the pocket. I don't think the protection was that bad overall. Donald is gonna get his but we managed it ok. The QB has to be better equipped to handle it.

Dak makes some really good plays, he's talented and tough. But he just isn't consistent enough in the pocket. It's why we have long stretches of subpar offensive production. 17 points against a mediocre Rams team is inexcusable

DFWJC

Reaction score
Zeke on screen had it
But to Dak, it probably looked like CD was fine
Bang-bang play

Good post bythe OP though. Nice D there

Last edited: