Video: Why The Cowboys are stuck with Brett Maher

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't think they are stuck but I think at this point in the season you are looking to sign someone of the same caliber of Maher but maybe not with the ability to kick 60 yarders. Hopefully Maher encourages this team to be less conservative.
Interesting perspective. I respect it.

jnday

Reaction score
Their is no excuse for Dallas not bringing in three or four of these college kickers to at least attempt to find an upgrade. There is no excuse for it and I can promise you that they will pay for it. There are some options out there like the young kid with the Ravens that kicks and punts well. Several teams are interested, but Dallas is not which is no surprise. What would it hurt to at least explore their options?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He lost me when he said we should punt instead of trying a 40-49 yard FG... Who punts from the opponents 23-32 yard line?? Worst case is you go for it on 4th down... Not punt.
Well....I sort of get it. For a defense lacking turnovers....being able to pin them within the 10 should net your offense good field position if your defense gets stops.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Well....I sort of get it. For a defense lacking turnovers....being able to pin them within the 10 should net your offense good field position if your defense gets stops.

Trying to pin a team back from that distance your more likely going to get a touchback instead of down inside the 10. Fir the 3-13 yard dufference I would rather take my chances and go for it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not stuck with anyone. We have had plenty of chances and opportunity to bring in kickers, all the way from when he was doing poor last season. They just looked the other way and for some stupid reason aren’t looking at a player that makes game winning kicks. The difference between winning and losing a game. Or a OT. It’s a serious position.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I still have not watched this video.

I am still awaiting the recap.

Help.