Video: Why the Cowboys are terrified of signing Dak Prescott

Brax

Reaction score
You obviously arent comprehending.

NO ONE is saying he should just give up. What i AM saying is dont boast about his yardage totals and claim he is great, WITHOUT acknowledging he stat pads at times.

Hell he has even admitted this himself
The concept of stats or "put a asterisk" stats is hard for some to understand. The one thing that Jerry doesn't have is a lot of time so I expect Dak to be signed but the correct course would be to let play on the tag.

csirl

Reaction score
They want to sign him. Just not at his asking price. After a year and a half no one should be surprised by this.

I dont believe so. We've been hearing this for more than 18 months and nothing has happened. If you judge people by what the do, not what they say, everything points to no contract before the team sees how this season works out. As things stand, the only verified offer on the table is 1 year under the tag.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Its plain and simple and Jerry knows it. Prescott isnt worth what he wants. That raises the question of do you over pay him or do you move on. You have to move forward with finding another QB because even though he might be considered a franchise QB he isnt a top tier QB. He isnt even top of tier 2. He was a bargain experiment while it lasted and thanks for the contributions but dude is going to become a ball and chain if he gets top money.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
If you needed to renew the lease on an expensive car, wouldn't you hesitate if someone gave you a nice reliable older model for a great price ?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If the Dak jock sniffers were Kansas City Cheifs fans they would be defending Alex Smith instead of trying to find Patrick Mahomes.
We need a franchise QB to take this team to the next level.

If Dak can't accomplish that with this new coaching staff then it's defenatly time to move on.

The Cowboys know full well paying Dak 13% of the salary cap is putting a nail in the coffin for a Super Bowl championship.

I don't want to hear a single one of you jock sniffers complain when in a few years when our core players start leaving because the well ran dry here.

I can't wait until you write a comment about a player you like so we can then say the only reason you like that player is because you suck a part of his body, except most us don't do childish things like that. Here's a little something to prove your analogy of Smith to Prescott means a lot less. Smith was traded in 2017 from the chiefs after his 13th season, after that season he made the pro bowl, Prescott is coming off his rookie contract. Prescott is just starting to come into his prime, Smith was a 13 year veteran.

Now as far as your 13% cry. Last season Rodgers accounted for 15.06% of the packers salary cap and if not for injuries during the NFC championship game very well may have gone to the Super Bowl. Yet the packers are again favored to win the NFC North but with your thinking they would be falling apart after paying Rodgers 15.06% of last years cap.

All you've done is prove to everyone that you don't like Prescott and are grasping at whatever to prove that he shouldn't be in Dallas whether it's right or even adding apples to apples or not.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Its plain and simple and Jerry knows it. Prescott isnt worth what he wants. That raises the question of do you over pay him or do you move on. You have to move forward with finding another QB because even though he might be considered a franchise QB he isnt a top tier QB. He isnt even top of tier 2. He was a bargain experiment while it lasted and thanks for the contributions but dude is going to become a ball and chain if he gets top money.

Here's why your analysis of Prescott is only a reflection of your dislike for him. Going into free agency Prescott was the NUMBER ONE ranked free agent in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. A QB that as you say isn't even top ranked on tier 2 are not ranked as the NUMBER ONE free agent in the ENTIRE league. Players in those rankings aren't based on a blinding hatred. They don't rank based on their hatred for players. Now I can't answer for anyone else, but which ranking will I believe, the one on NFL site or a fan who hates the player they are ranking, the list on NFL 1000 out of 1000 times.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If you needed to renew the lease on an expensive car, wouldn't you hesitate if someone gave you a nice reliable older model for a great price ?

That older model that at least one previous owner got rid of because of performance, that is older and a higher chance of breaking down, the older model that can't out perform the expensive car, the older car that their only giving out a 1 year lease because they know whoever takes it will be looking for a different one the next year. I'll take renewing the current lease.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I dont believe so. We've been hearing this for more than 18 months and nothing has happened. If you judge people by what the do, not what they say, everything points to no contract before the team sees how this season works out. As things stand, the only verified offer on the table is 1 year under the tag.

The Cowboys have a long history of signing these kind of players at the last moment. Since nobody except those in the actual negotiations know as fact what the offers have been and where they are now, we'll have to wait and see what actually happens. This also includes proclaiming what the Cowboys are thinking.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
That older model that at least one previous owner got rid of because of performance, that is older and a higher chance of breaking down, the older model that can't out perform the expensive car, the older car that their only giving out a 1 year lease because they know whoever takes it will be looking for a different one the next year. I'll take renewing the current lease.

Lets see what DAK does this season, then we'll revisit this post. Forget about crap on paper, lets see what he does when the action starts. And I'm not talking padded stats, I'm talking going deep into the playoffs at minimum with no excuses for failure to do so.

Time to walk the walk if he wants to get paid what he's asking and padded stats won't fit the bill.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Lets see what DAK does this season, then we'll revisit this post. Forget about crap on paper, lets see what he does when the action starts. And I'm not talking padded stats, I'm talking going deep into the playoffs at minimum with no excuses for failure to do so.

Time to walk the walk if he wants to get paid what he's asking and padded stats won't fit the bill.

Oh I see you're another one that is going to put all the blame on Prescott if the team, you know this TEAM sport, doesn't make it. I'll also bet that if they do you'll then say it IS a team sport and he had a lot of help doing it and not give him any credit. A blind man can see what you're saying.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Putting Dak on a favorable level with Tom Brady was a shining example of hyperbole in this video.

Dak has yet to reach such a level of pure passing ability. Let's see what he might do in 2020 first.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
His numbers arent as great as they seem because plenty of it was when the defense was trading yeards for time.

Theres times when he misses wide open receivers (as does most QBs).

I have a tough time blaming him entirely given the absolute ineptitude of the last staff.

None of this matters because there isnt a better option for us right now, and you dont throw away a roster that's ready to win by giving away your QB because he is going to get paid more than he is worth. They are ALL paid more than they are worth.

glimmerman

Reaction score
People saying his numbers are messed up because of garbage time yards. If your behind then you want to have your QB try to mount a come back. At least he is trying. And if your winning then you want to keep scoring. Things turn around quick in NFL games. So the stats are what they are and Dak is in top 10 or top 5 in most categories.

His rookie year the NFL had no film on Dak and we stayed healthy as a team. The next year and years following there was film, we had a great year in 2016 except the Romo injury of course. Lol.

If he was picked in the first round instead of the 4th then maybe he would get more respect. Look at goff and wentz. Daks stats are right there with them. He is playing at first round level. You would think we would be happy with that. Maybe because he is a 4th round pick that people expect him to take 4th round money.

glimmerman

Reaction score
His numbers arent as great as they seem because plenty of it was when the defense was trading yeards for time.

Theres times when he misses wide open receivers (as does most QBs).

I have a tough time blaming him entirely given the absolute ineptitude of the last staff.

None of this matters because there isnt a better option for us right now, and you dont throw away a roster that's ready to win by giving away your QB because he is going to get paid more than he is worth. They are ALL paid more than they are worth.
Sure they are. And the market price is about to go up again. I think when mahomes gets paid the market will raise up millions. The next QB after that will want that much or more and won’t be worth it, but they will get it. This is why I say sign him now. 35 for 4 years, JJ needs to forget the 5th year, it costs to much.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Just another Dak thread for another day. Tells nothing new, won't change opinions on either side, won't matter to the Jerry or Stephen Jones, still July 15th deadline, and Dak still will be the Cowboys QB in 2020.

12+88=7

Reaction score
This needs the old SNL line, "Francisco Francisco is still dead".

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what happens when the deadline comes for Dak to be signed or get the tag.
All of this fruitless bickering that we've been going through will simply have been for naught!:thumbup:

Last edited: