Why the "Dak is elite" narrative is so flawed

Ken

Reaction score
Wow. I really hope you’re saying this just to show blind loyalty toward Dak or something. Because if you truly believe Romo had very good lines his whole career, I genuinely do question your knowledge of football. Not trying to be hyperbolic, but this is such a terrible take.
Why reply with this and refute my absolute proof he had 2 bad lines in his career.

Otherwise it is just hot air coming from you.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Support what?

I posted the lines and their accolades on the season. What do you have an issue with specifically?
You just used referred to the term accolades an award or privilege granted as a special honor or as an acknowledgment of merit.
I feel as though I must go clean my garage or some other pending chore at this point.
Do some real homework and come back when you are serious about rational supported discussion.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Did i stutter?

Romo years in the league and sacks:

2006- 21- Adams- Kozier- Gurode- Rivera - Columbo- 2 pro bowlers
2007- 24- Adams- Kozier- Gurode- Davis- Columbo- 3 pro bowlers
2008- 20- Adams- Proctor- Gurode- Davis Columbo- 3 pro bowlers
2009- 34- Adams- Kozier- Gurode- Davis- Columbo- 2 pro bowlers
2010- Romo hurt 6 games- Free- Kozier- Gurode- Davis - Columbo- 1 pro bowler
2011- 36- Bad line with Costa starting at center- Free- Holland- Costa- Kosier- Tyron Smith (R)- O pro bowlers but Future HOFer
2012- 36- Bad line with bad center- Smith- Livings- Cook- Berne - Free- 0 Pro bowlers
2013- 35- good line with Ty and Frederick on it.- Smith- Leary- Frederick- Bernedue- Free- Ty first pro bowl
2014- 29 sacks- Smith- Leary- Fred- Zach- Free- 3 pro bowlers- 2 all pros
2015- Romo hurt 4 games- Smith- Collins- Fred- Zach- Free- 3 pro bowlers

Any questions?

The line was not good in 2009. Gurode was on his way out as was Davis and Columbo. Adams nearly got Romo killed in the Vikings game. So from 2009 to 2013 he had bad to inconsistent pas protection. Not exactly the "majority" of his career. 2007, 2008 were good lines with his 2014 line being elite.

Ken

Reaction score
You just used referred to the term accolades an award or privilege granted as a special honor or as an acknowledgment of merit.
I feel as though I must go clean my garage or some other pending chore at this point.
Do some real homework and come back when you are serious about rational supported discussion.
Ok, so you have nothing and acknowledge I am right.

Thank you for admitting it.

Qcard

Reaction score
Again...can you prove that he had more bad lines than the two that I pointed out? I can't because he had good to very good lines his whole career.

It's Patrick Crayton's Fault............

Why reply with this and refute my absolute proof he had 2 bad lines in his career.

It's Patrick Crayton's Fault............

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Not at all, just prefer spending my time discussing topics with peeps that have knowledge of talent and history of the game.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I don’t have the time to go year by year, but while the OL unit did have some good individually talented guys (hence the pro bowl status), they really did not perform well as a collective unit. They’d have a couple good, pro bowl players but the others were scrubs or over the hill vets. You can run the numbers all you want, but nearly everyone who watched those seasons would universally agree that Romo spent entirely too much time escaping pressure or getting buried in the dirt.

Also, why is this relevant toward Dak? Tony underperformed when games mattered. And when he finally found the confidence and ability to win those games, his body gave out on him. Dak, who’s played with good lines the majority of his career, has underperformed when games matter as well. So you’re really arguing a mute point.

Ken

Reaction score
The line was not good in 2009. Gurode was on his way out as was Davis and Columbo. Adams nearly got Romo killed in the Vikings game. So from 2009 to 2013 he had bad to inconsistent pas protection. Not exactly the "majority" of his career. 2007, 2008 were good lines with his 2014 line being elite.
Gurode and Davis both made the pro bowl.
Flo was still VERY good and should have made the pro bowl. 2009- Cowboys had the #2 offense in the league in yards...good line.

Qcard

Reaction score
Did i stutter?

Romo years in the league and sacks:

2006- 21- Adams- Kozier- Gurode- Rivera - Columbo- 2 pro bowlers
2007- 24- Adams- Kozier- Gurode- Davis- Columbo- 3 pro bowlers
2008- 20- Adams- Proctor- Gurode- Davis Columbo- 3 pro bowlers
2009- 34- Adams- Kozier- Gurode- Davis- Columbo- 2 pro bowlers
2010- Romo hurt 6 games- Free- Kozier- Gurode- Davis - Columbo- 1 pro bowler
2011- 36- Bad line with Costa starting at center- Free- Holland- Costa- Kosier- Tyron Smith (R)- O pro bowlers but Future HOFer
2012- 36- Bad line with bad center- Smith- Livings- Cook- Berne - Free- 0 Pro bowlers
2013- 35- good line with Ty and Frederick on it.- Smith- Leary- Frederick- Bernedue- Free- Ty first pro bowl
2014- 29 sacks- Smith- Leary- Fred- Zach- Free- 3 pro bowlers- 2 all pros
2015- Romo hurt 4 games- Smith- Collins- Fred- Zach- Free- 3 pro bowlers

Any questions?
This is what you call an Ether Dak Haters :lmao::lmao:

Romo's Mythical Greatness is fading

Great Post

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Not at all, just prefer spending my time discussing topics with peeps that have knowledge of talent and history of the game.
I just gave you the exact history lol

It's ok, some people can't admit when they are wrong on something...its fine. We know what is really happening here.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What more do people genuinely expect from the offensive line?

Even if people don't rate pff or other rankings, in reality the offensive line is clearly good enough if the QB is also good enough.
Burrow would dominate with this line. And Burrow is a second year player haha

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok....well...we don't agree and actually...lol....Cleveland DID elevate his game. :)

He went from 24 catches in his last year in Dallas to almost doubling that amount with 47 in cleveland. lol
Okay fine. He became a better receiver in Cleveland then.
It's not big deal to me....if I am wrong...then I am wrong. You are right. WAY better receiver in Cleveland.

I stand corrected.

Ken

Reaction score
This is what you call an Ether Dak Haters :lmao::lmao:

Romo's Mythical Greatness is fading

Great Post
I don't think it takes away from Romo but it takes away from the narrative that Romo had a bunch of street bums in front of him and Laurent Robinson's that he elevated his whole career until 2014 lol

Ken

Reaction score
Okay fine. He became a better receiver in Cleveland then.
It's not big deal to me....if I am wrong...then I am wrong. You are right. WAY better receiver in Cleveland.

I stand corrected.
I won't take a victory lap on this one, it is a ridiculous argument to begin with lol

But that is the case that I didn't realize until i went back and looked at it...lol

Qcard

Reaction score
No choice really
Had to throw it in the endzone. Surprised anyone even gives that play a second thought.
Time was up, 4th down.....at least throw it in the endzone.
I guess he could just be a puss and throw it away to help his stats.

The winning play was the play before. Should have been game over.
4th down play should not have even occurred.

Either way, the outcome sucked. We can agree on that
I don't AGREE....Walk Off TDs DO exist:lmao2:

Dak Haters have revisionist History

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Your argument was that Romo had good to very good lines the majority of his career, and you used "Pro-Bowl" as your gauge. Let me key you in on something: you can have 1 or two probowlers on your offensive line and still have a pretty bad line. There are 3-4 other linemen. If they suck, you're going to have a bad day.

Romo was sacked 34 times in 2009, the previous season he was sacked 20 times. He played 13 games that year, so it was around the average of 2007. Every season after that (save 2010 since he only played a few games) he was sacked 30+ time until 2014. This is with Romo having great pocket awareness. The only other QB dealing with worse lines in that time span was actually Aaron Rodgers.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Gurode and Davis both made the pro bowl.
Flo was still VERY good and should have made the pro bowl. 2009- Cowboys had the #2 offense in the league in yards...good line.
You probably dont even know Gurodes' nick name coming from the Buffs.
I watched and witnessed Andres entire development
Quick, I will give you a few seconds to reply appropriate answer, otherwise I will assume you just googled it.