Why the Deebo request has me nervous

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know that first round QBs aren't a guaranteed jackpot. I've argued that countless times with the usual suspects on here. That said, my argument in this case is if they get a very good QB next year and Deebo, they could become a problem for us.
IFS
IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSS lovely that what this place has become the what if zone the cancel the season its over 6months before the season or what team might do a year from now LOL

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
IFS
IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSS lovely that what this place has become the what if zone the cancel the season its over 6months before the season or what team might do a year from now LOL

You do know that part of the fun of the offseason is to talk about speculative ideas, right? And besides, this thread is a change of pace from the usual threads. All we can really do on these threads is talk about ifs and ideas until draft day. Then we will talk about who we got, and then more ifs

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is hardly breaking news, man. Every bad team would be better if you put a good QB on it. I mean we saw how bad the Cowboys, which most would agree is at least a good team, turned when THEY lost THEIR good QB. The QB is important.. that's why all the good ones are breaking the bank.. and even mediocre ones are getting a visit from the Brinks truck.
all 32 teams would be scary with an elite qb. or some, like the Texans and seahawks who had some great qbs still weren't winning much and traded them away.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You do know that part of the fun of the offseason is to talk about speculative ideas, right? And besides, this thread is a change of pace from the usual threads. All we can really do on these threads is talk about ifs and ideas until draft day. Then we will talk about who we got, and then more ifs

I don't think anyone minds talking about things, speculating etc. I think what grinds on people is all the doom and gloom declarations people keep making. This player will never... and here's why.. This coach will never.. and here's why.. This team will never.. and here's why. It's the constant pattern of predicting failure and then tying oneself into knots dismissing any success when it comes. People coming up with what they think are clever memes to support their idiotic takes. That's the crap that gets old. And no it's not fun at all.

blueblood70

Reaction score
not to me not when its 100% narrative and being scared of hypothetical situations. Plenty of actual football like the draft coming up more FAS available etc etc yet we are talking about Jerry and Stephens comments and child support and being screed of the what if games. That not fun at all,
cancel the season its over lol

Jerry shield be so scared he should move the team like the cards did to get out of the east..yup that its run like the browns, titans and others have that will fix it all.well it took 50 years but it worked for KC running away lol I woish jerry would move the team just so fans wont have team to whine about 24-7.....

all the talk about other teams' players is bad enough this is worse.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think anyone minds talking about things, speculating etc. I think what grinds on people is all the doom and gloom declarations people keep making. This player will never... and here's why.. This coach will never.. and here's why.. This team will never.. and here's why. It's the constant pattern of predicting failure and then tying oneself into knots dismissing any success when it comes. People coming up with what they think are clever memes to support their idiotic takes. That's the crap that gets old. And no it's not fun at all.
:hammer::popcorn:

HanD

Reaction score
Agree but now since DP got paid now all of the receivers are wanting to get paid and before you know it that position will be like the QB position on getting paid.

it'll be more like rb imo. you need a good qb and that can be hard to find. but rbs and recently WRs, you can find productive ones that aren't quite elite but won't break the bank.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That's fine. But that team had 0 chance at a championship. If your goal is to make the playoffs, then great. But if your goal was a championship then you had no chance whatsoever of getting it.

That’s a little bit of a millennial mentality; you’re either a championship level QB or not an NFL QB?

There are over 90 QBs in the NFL, and maybe 20 could have won 9 games last year with Philadelphia. He doesn’t yet have a great rapport with his receivers, checks down too often to running backs and TEs, runs a simplified offense, and wins through grit and talent moreso than polish and execution. Sounds a lot like a young, inexperienced QB.

He just turned 23 and has only 19 career starts. Joe Burrow was 24 before he started his first game. Was he not NFL caliber until his team won the North this year? Is Jared Goff not an NFL QB because his team will likely be picking top 10 again next year?

Last edited:

HanD

Reaction score
and even before it became a bargain, it was perfectly designed moving forward for flexibility and team friendliness. just an all around bungle to move on when they did and for what they did.

yeah i'm guessing there was way more behind the scenes. talk about how he handled vax and calling out dak probably had a lot to do with it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Fur sure, but I thought it might be nice to talk about something other than our QB or Kelvin Joseph for a change.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
not to me not when its 100% narrative and being scared of hypothetical situations. Plenty of actual football like the draft coming up more FAS available etc etc yet we are talking about Jerry and Stephens comments and child support and being screed of the what if games. That not fun at all,

Jerry shield be so scared he should move the team like the cards did to get out of the east..yup that its run like the browns, titans and others have that will fix it all.well it took 50 years but it worked for KC running away lol I woish jerry would move the team just so fans wont have team to whine about 24-7.....

Well, look, I'm sure that there will be positive things to talk about with the draft, and, normally, I do try to keep a positive take (mixed in with jokes). That said, every once in a while, I get thoughts like this in my head, and, well, I thought it made for an interesting thread topic.

ICP

Reaction score
I get that. I'm aware that I'm probably not going to experience what it's like to see the Cowboys go beyond the division round. Still, it was a thought that gave me realise there was a potential problem that the Cowboys could face.
I agree, unfortunately, the biggest problems the Cowboys face sit in their front office

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about any team he goes to.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We just got rid of a good WR because he wanted too much money. There is less than zero chance this cheap front office would go after another WR who wants a big payday.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He’s not going anywhere

That's probably correct. The only place I could see him going is to the Jets - AFC team, coached by former Niners assistant Saleh, desperate to help Zack Wilson.

But the Jets would have to make a huge offer and then pay Deebo. Not likely, but not impossible either.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
With receiver prices where they are, who’s going to trade for Deebo right now and pay him a new top money contract. Deebo sees that doing what SF wants him to do is definitely going to shorten his career, so he wants huge money now. My guess is he wants the huge contract near the top, or he will refuse to be used like a RB and want to play more traditional wr role. It’s a risk for any team without Shannahan.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s a little bit of a millennial mentality; you’re either a championship level QB or not an NFL QB?

There are over 90 QBs in the NFL, and maybe 20 could have won 9 games last year with Philadelphia. He doesn’t yet have a great rapport with his receivers, checks down too often to running backs and TEs, runs a simplified offense, and wins through grit and talent moreso than polish and execution. Sounds a lot like a young, inexperienced QB.

He just turned 23 and has only 19 career starts. Joe Burrow was 24 before he started his first game. Was he not NFL caliber until his team won the North this year? Is Jared Goff not an NFL QB because his team will likely be picking top 10 again next year?

Ok, first of all, you guys made it to the playoffs because they added a team. Add enough teams and anyone can get to the playoffs. It's also a mistake to assume Hurts led them to the playoffs. He was there for the ride against weak opponents down the stretch, and behind a strong run game. Remember, even Mark Sanchez went to two straight AFC title games largely due to a strong run game.

When I say not an NFL QB, I just mean not ready for the NFL. Doesn't go through progressions, read defenses, or step up into the pocket. Hurts is a more athletic Tim Tebow. This seems to be acceptable in today's NFL.

Flamma

Reaction score

If this was just a wild hypothetical, i can see. But how quick we forget the Eagles did this not too long ago and won a SB in 2017. The Eagles weren't a very good team in 2016 at 7-9. They get Alshon Jeffery, a couple of other players, move way up in the draft to get a QB. That's all she wrote. Dallas, coming off a 13-3 season, sat back and watched.

I'm not saying this is going to happen again, but people tend to be repetitive in what they do. The above didn't happen by accident. It was the direct result of actions taken by individuals.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ok, first of all, you guys made it to the playoffs because they added a team. Add enough teams and anyone can get to the playoffs. It's also a mistake to assume Hurts led them to the playoffs. He was there for the ride against weak opponents down the stretch, and behind a strong run game. Remember, even Mark Sanchez went to two straight AFC title games largely due to a strong run game.

When I say not an NFL QB, I just mean not ready for the NFL. Doesn't go through progressions, read defenses, or step up into the pocket. Hurts is a more athletic Tim Tebow. This seems to be acceptable in today's NFL.

Theres a whole bunch of stuff there I don’t agree with, but this is the kind of convo that will go on for pages, so I’ll just say we have a disagreement of the value a QB has to a team and what it takes to be “ready for the NFL.”