Why the Deebo request has me nervous

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Why is everyone talking about Deebo like he is just another WR? After they started using him as a hybrid RB/WR and moving him all over the field, they went 7-2 in the regular season and then beat us and GB before almost beating the Rams en route to a SB appearance. Did y'all not watch the game against them? He carried that offense to a W over us.

Clearly most of you didn't watch many of their games down the stretch because he carried that team to a 7-1 record in the 2nd half of the regular season (they lost to Sea without him so they went 7-2 during the stretch actually FWIW) and anyone who watched their offense prior to using him all over the field including at RB compared to the games prior will tell you it was a night and day difference. Don't believe me? Check out the stats then:

Averaged 7 attempts rushing for ~44 yards per game during the 7-1 stretch while rushing for SEVEN touchdowns. Hell, the last week of the season when they had that amazing comeback against LAR to even get in the dance, he even THREW for a touchdown on top of rushing for one and racking up 95 receiving yards. His final stat line over the 16 games he played in was 1400 yards on ONLY 77 catches (18 YPC)...768 of those yards came from YAC because he is an absolute freak with the ball in his hands. As a running back, he racked up 365 yards in only 8 games (2 attempts only prior) as I mentioned...and over half of those yards came AFTER contact. He had nearly half the yards after contact as the GOAT RB Zeke...Zeke had a YAC per attempt of 1.7 compared to 3.1 for Deebo. Point being...he wasn't just running outside the tackles over and over when they handed it to him back there. All that to say, he is one of the few weapons in this league that can absolutely carry your entire offense...I mean the man did it with Jimmy F****** G as his QB last year.

Y'all are nuts for wanting him to go to the Eagles...and I must be nuts because I would consider giving up a first next year and another the year after to acquire him. When I think about what we could do with him AND Tony Pollard with sorry washed Zeke out of the way...wow just wow.
Did not read your post, but wanted to give your first like.:welcome:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well, look, I'm sure that there will be positive things to talk about with the draft, and, normally, I do try to keep a positive take (mixed in with jokes). That said, every once in a while, I get thoughts like this in my head, and, well, I thought it made for an interesting thread topic.
It is a worthwhile topic.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Debo trade talk is simply contract posturing IMO. Seriously doubt the niners trade him unless they get a foolish offer from a FO who believes WRs are the key to winning. No GM over-values WRs that I can think of…uh-oh.
Jerry trades for wideouts like I trade sports cards.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'd like to see kelvin joseph in a poodle suit. wonder if furboy would take him to conventions with him. and his "posse"

Careful.
You want some of dis?
50 crazed adults in fur costumes menacing you?

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why the Deebo request has me nervous

why? does he dress up in a wolf costume?

He'd become one of my favourite NFL players if he had a wolf suit. I'm not wanting him to go to Philly, but his request led to me realising that he'd fit well there, which would be bad for Dallas.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is hardly breaking news, man. Every bad team would be better if you put a good QB on it. I mean we saw how bad the Cowboys, which most would agree is at least a good team, turned when THEY lost THEIR good QB. The QB is important.. that's why all the good ones are breaking the bank.. and even mediocre ones are getting a visit from the Brinks truck.
N it's hardly breaking news that it's hardly breaking news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't know, I think I'd pay a HOF wide receiver. But their market value is starting to test my resolve there too.
Not 30 mil. You pay a WR 30 and your QB 45, and you're at 20% or so of the cap.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I get that. I'm aware that I'm probably not going to experience what it's like to see the Cowboys go beyond the division round. Still, it was a thought that gave me realise there was a potential problem that the Cowboys could face.
You will get your day young furry critter person, you will be able to experience something sooner than most of us doubters think.. lol
I believe and those who chose can call me naive, but I really believe or maybe its just blind hope, but JJ and SJ are not calling the shots on draft day starting this Thursday.
They can have the credit for the choices, smile and announce them but the picks last year should have been rather indicative of WM getting a more direct influence and respect on evaluation.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Debo trade talk is simply contract posturing IMO. Seriously doubt the niners trade him unless they get a foolish offer from a FO who believes WRs are the key to winning. No GM over-values WRs that I can think of…uh-oh.
Thats all it is, Deebo is simply just putting himself/agent putting himself in the 3rd nest slot to get pad.
Adams
Hill
Deebo lining it up.
Thats the way the NFL pay!!!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Rumors have it that Deebo & Garoppolo may be going to Seattle in some crazy trade. Who knows. Dallas is better off without Deebo. He's obviously on a well coached team & he wants out because they won't give him more money. What's that tell us?!

Flamma

Reaction score
Rumors have it that Deebo & Garoppolo may be going to Seattle in some crazy trade. Who knows. Dallas is better off without Deebo. He's obviously on a well coached team & he wants out because they won't give him more money. What's that tell us?!

That's interesting. And we know Seattle isn't shy about trading draft picks. The part about this I don't get is, what do you mean by more money? Every player wants more money after their rookie contract. Or did you mean too much money?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You will get your day young furry critter person, you will be able to experience something sooner than most of us doubters think.. lol
I believe and those who chose can call me naive, but I really believe or maybe its just blind hope, but JJ and SJ are not calling the shots on draft day starting this Thursday.
They can have the credit for the choices, smile and announce them but the picks last year should have been rather indicative of WM getting a more direct influence and respect on evaluation.

If Stephen does takeover as owner, I hope he will actually give Will McClay the GM position in title and the authority of a GM.