Why TO's departure will make us better

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
This year, Parcells didn't look like he had as much control of his team as he has had in the past. Parcells can't be Parcells when TO is around and the other players see that. It sets a negative precedent and puts Parcells in a difficult sitution. I don't think TO is that valuable. The Eagles were brilliant for cutting him. Andy Reid got his lockerroom back and the team could focus because there were no distractions.

Sorry but Good Guys do finish first. Give me a team with great chemistry, and unselfishness and you will win everytime. I live in Arizona and I saw my Diamondbacks beat the Yankees in the 2001 World Series. They were far more talented than us but our guys played tough and stuck together as a team.

TO sets a negative precedent for this team. There is a difference between cocky and a lack of respect. Michael Irvin was cocky but he never crossed the line. He never spoke ill of his team in the media. He always knew who the coach was.

You have to cut these selfish prima donas from your team. I'm sure a team can win with guys like TO every once in a while but the majority of Superbowl winners consisted of players who genuinely liked and had respect for one another in addition to playing unselfishly.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1300350 said:
This year, Parcells didn't look like he had as much control of his team as he has had in the past. Parcells can't be Parcells when TO is around and the other players see that. It sets a negative precedent and puts Parcells in a difficult sitution. I don't think TO is that valuable. The Eagles were brilliant for cutting him. Andy Reid got his lockerroom back and the team could focus because there were no distractions.

Sorry but Good Guys do finish first. Give me a team with great chemistry, and unselfishness and you will win everytime. I live in Arizona and I saw my Diamondbacks beat the Yankees in the 2001 World Series. They were far more talented than us but our guys played tough and stuck together as a team.

TO sets a negative precedent for this team. There is a difference between cocky and a lack of respect. Michael Irvin was cocky but he never crossed the line. He never spoke ill of his team in the media. He always knew who the coach was.

You have to cut these selfish prima donas from your team. I'm sure a team can win with guys like TO every once in a while but the majority of Superbowl winners consisted of players who genuinely liked and had respect for one another in addition to playing unselfishly.

Your Eagle analogy is flawed in my view. They were 5-5 with Mcbarf starting. It was only after Reid decided that Westbrook was his best player and should use him, that they started to win. It had nothing to do with Owens.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1300358 said:
Your Eagle analogy is flawed in my view. They were 5-5 with Mcbarf starting. It was only after Reid decided that Westbrook was his best player and should use him, that they started to win. It had nothing to do with Owens.

Westbrook has been on that team for a long time so I think Andy Reid was well aware of his abilities. They are just playing well as a team right now and they should be given credit for that.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1300365 said:
Westbrook has been on that team for a long time so I think Andy Reid was well aware of his abilities. They are just playing well as a team right now and they should be given credit for that.

When was the last time Reid ran more than he threw? Oh yeah never. Now that he is establishing a running game, they are winning. They beat us with the run on Christmas day.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Before we cut T.O. I would like to know how much of a distraction he actually is in the locker room.

I hear how much of distraction he is ,but I only hear it from the media!!!

I would like to hear it from the club house before I get rid of him.

You have to believe that the teams we play definitely have to game plan for him.

I know he drops balls ,but the teams do have to double cover him and know where he is on the field at all times. He is a threat.

Again , the only people I see him distracting is ESPN.:espn:

Oh, and some of the people here.;)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

You can always rely on a "T.O. needs to go" thread everyday.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1300367 said:
When was the last time Reid ran more than he threw? Oh yeah never. Now that he is establishing a running game, they are winning. They beat us with the run on Christmas day.

And you think if TO was on that team that he wouldn't complain about not getting the ball to the media every chance he got and just create a media frenzy aka a distraction! That team has an opportunity to focus because they know none of their players will open their mouth and stir controversy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1300374 said:
:rolleyes:

You can always rely on a "T.O. needs to go" thread everyday.

or Roy sucks

or BP needs to go

at least we crossed out Bobby Carpenter is a bust posts :D

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1300376 said:
And you think if TO was on that team that he wouldn't complain about not getting the ball to the media every chance he got and just create a media frenzy aka a distraction! That team has an opportunity to focus because they know none of their players will open their mouth and stir controversy.

So tell me then, where was the focus when they were 5-6 and had lost four of five?

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
sandtrapp;1300372 said:
Before we cut T.O. I would like to know how much of a distraction he actually is in the locker room.

I hear how much of distraction he is ,but I only hear it from the media!!!

I would like to hear it from the club house before I get rid of him.

You have to believe that the teams we play definitely have to game plan for him.

I know he drops balls ,but the teams do have to double cover him and know where he is on the field at all times. He is a threat.

Again , the only people I see him distracting is ESPN.:espn:

Oh, and some of the people here.;)

Do you think Parcells can truly be himself around TO? Have you ever coached anything? I have and I can tell you that it only takes one player to take the focus away from a group of guys. Do you think Glenn would have made his post-game comments had TO not been doing that. Whether Glenn was right is not the point. The point is the discipline on any team will slip when you have guys like TO on your team.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1300379 said:
So tell me then, where was the focus when they were 5-6 and had lost four of five?

That's why you play a season. We too were 8-4 at one point and look what happened to our focus.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:hammer:

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1300382 said:
Do you think Parcells can truly be himself around TO? Have you ever coached anything? I have and I can tell you that it only takes one player to take the focus away from a group of guys. Do you think Glenn would have made his post-game comments had TO not been doing that. Whether Glenn was right is not the point. The point is the discipline on any team will slip when you have guys like TO on your team.

I'm not a T.O. fan, but Your making my point.

When have you heard BP say anything about T.O.
If he is a distraction, say something ,don't just hide your head in the sand.
I haven't heard a word from anyone from the organization on T.O.

You say Glenn made statements , did he mention T.O. or are you assuming thats who he meant.

If there's a problem get rid of it ,don't dance around it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1300385 said:
That's why you play a season. We too were 8-4 at one point and look what happened to our focus.

Problem with your logic is you said they were focused and could play as a team because Owens wasn't there. However, they only started to play as a team AFTER McBarf went out.

How then is it not McBarf's fault?

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
sandtrapp;1300399 said:
I'm not a T.O. fan, but Your making my point.

When have you heard BP say anything about T.O.
If he is a distraction, say something ,don't just hide your head in the sand.
I haven't heard a word from anyone from the organization on T.O.

You say Glenn made statements , did he mention T.O. or are you assuming thats who he meant.

If there's a problem get rid of it ,don't dance around it.

Because our organization is a class act and Jerry and Bill don't criticize our players in public. Look at the players we have cut in the past. Did Parcells make a public statement criticizing them? No, we have never done that and we will never do that. So just because Jerry and Bill didn't tell the press that Antonio Byrant had a bad attitude or Quincy Carter had a drug problem, it doesn't mean those issues didn't exist.

bbuck822

Reaction score
Hold up. The guy gave us 13 td's despite all of his issues. I think he showed a lot of heart playing injured most of the year. I know that we need him or at least another #1 or #2. Crayton has to be our #3 or we will have some serious problems next year. TO wasn't great this season just better than average. I believe he can be better! That could mean something great on the field next season for this team! I'm already excited! Bring on the draft!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
flawed post from start to finish.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1300401 said:
Problem with your logic is you said they were focused and could play as a team because Owens wasn't there. However, they only started to play as a team AFTER McBarf went out.

How then is it not McBarf's fault?

Look at this way, despite being 5-6, that team stuck together and played well. They could have given up on the season. Many teams in that situaton would have done that. If TO was on that team, he would have made it a lot harder to focus because he would have started complaining to the media.

If my team is 5-6, the last thing I was is someone like TO on it who will implode and be a distraction