Why TO's departure will make us better

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
So Owens was the reason neither he nor Williams could cover? Why they missed assignment after assignment?

Funny how Owens wasn't a problem at 8-4 or 9-5 but was in the last three weeks.

Methinks Bradie is just trying to deflect blame.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
these T.O leaving threads are getting really old... HE IS COMING BACK NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

cowboyz

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1300378 said:
or Roy sucks

or BP needs to go

at least we crossed out Bobby Carpenter is a bust posts :D
what about ware vs merriman? ware did play pretty good against seattle :p:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Da Hammer;1300937 said:
these T.O leaving threads are getting really old... HE IS COMING BACK NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

And he made us and will make us a better team.

End of story haters.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Boy the Cowboys of 90's sure had a bunch of choir boys lining up for them didn't they?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1300851 said:
So Owens was the reason neither he nor Williams could cover? Why they missed assignment after assignment?

Funny how Owens wasn't a problem at 8-4 or 9-5 but was in the last three weeks.

Methinks Bradie is just trying to deflect blame.

I don't see any players saying he cost us games. Witten assumed with no problem TNew was speaking of owens. Now James. I wonder how many others are thinking the same thing. owens gained some respect from me but I don't have to work with the guy.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1300953 said:
Boy the Cowboys of 90's sure had a bunch of choir boys lining up for them didn't they?

Off the field stuff is different than what's being discussed. Yes it hurt the team when guys were suspended but it was also a team the was never divided. I'm not even saying this team is, we don't know. There is grumblings though.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
YoMick;1300806 said:
Yeah I havent read it... but if Brady is deflecting that is not good.. he did what most did... the attention was on his poor play this week... SO... he deflected it to Owens.... typical.....

Right, because we know how much attention the media devotes to Brady freaking James. He just had to deflect all the "attention on his poor play"

Please, Bradie James was just being honest. I don't think he has to worry about deflecting attention away from himself. LOL :laugh2:

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1300732 said:
I know firsthand that neither is well liked in the clubhouse.

And look at the most recent Super Bowl champ. Do you think they were all peaches and cream? Two Olineman went after each other in the Strip District one night during last season. It was broken up before it got out of hand but it still showed that you don't have to like someone to work next to him.

Look at how many rings a guy like Bill Romanowski has. Might be one of the worst teammates in history. Heck he ended one guy's career with a sucker punch just for fun.

Even this year's Bears team, the number one seed, had one player punch another out.

That's a far sight worse than anything Owens has done this year.

The Steelers...LOL....they were one of the tightest teams last year. You think those were fake tears coming from Hines Ward over the potential retirement of his teammate.

One of my friends is an ex-pitcher with the D-backs. I remember him telling me how Schilling invited him over to his house for the weekend. He bought him a $2000 labtop computer and loaded with software and showed him how to study hitters and improve his game. If you want to PM, I'll tell you who the ex-pitcher was but I don't want to name drop here. The Curt Schilling you guys know is completely different than the guy that was here. He wasn't a media sensation when he was the D-backs. I have met the guy. He is really cocky but he is a good guy too. He would always take care of us when we out; that's just Curt! A lot of players around the league didn't like him because they think he is a self-promoter which he is but that's a different issue. To his teammates, he is a good guy. I have season tickets to the Suns game and Gonzo sits about 3 rows behind me. I saw him and Curt together last year at one of the games.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1300650 said:
You got lost somewhere here.

I agree the offense stumbled too. Once again, that is not an opinion.

We weren't talking about who was most at fault, .. offense or defense.

That is not what we were talking about, I wanted you to show me where Owens hurt the Cowboys this year, and not just give opinions.

I only mentioned the defense's problem as one reason we faultered, not anything Owens did.

Actually, you are lost

You don't realize that you are providing an opinion by placing more of the blame on the defense. You think that is a fact but it isn't. It's just your interpretation of data aka your opinion. I was providing data regarding our offense and showing how anyone could easily cite those statistics and place more of the blame on the offense should they choose to do so.

Furthermore, I never said TO was the reason for our losses this season. I am saying that we should get rid of him so that we can improve our team discipline and remove some of the distractions. But that's a lot different than me saying "TO is more to blame that our offense or defense for our losses"

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
YoMick;1300719 said:
Lets be real here. They are advancing because of Westbrook. Garcia almost started Giants game with 2 INT's

Almost isn't the same as "DID". The QB is the most important position in football. You don't win if you don't have good QB play. Julius Jones also had a great day rushing but we didn't exactly win did we? Westbrook deserves the majority of the credit but they don't make the playoffs if Garcia doesn't come through. Make no mistake of that

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1300350 said:
This year, Parcells didn't look like he had as much control of his team as he has had in the past. Parcells can't be Parcells when TO is around and the other players see that. It sets a negative precedent and puts Parcells in a difficult sitution. I don't think TO is that valuable. The Eagles were brilliant for cutting him. Andy Reid got his lockerroom back and the team could focus because there were no distractions.

Sorry but Good Guys do finish first. Give me a team with great chemistry, and unselfishness and you will win everytime. I live in Arizona and I saw my Diamondbacks beat the Yankees in the 2001 World Series. They were far more talented than us but our guys played tough and stuck together as a team.

TO sets a negative precedent for this team. There is a difference between cocky and a lack of respect. Michael Irvin was cocky but he never crossed the line. He never spoke ill of his team in the media. He always knew who the coach was.

You have to cut these selfish prima donas from your team. I'm sure a team can win with guys like TO every once in a while but the majority of Superbowl winners consisted of players who genuinely liked and had respect for one another in addition to playing unselfishly.

TO isn't going anywhere so let's discuss how TO's return will make us better when he's all fixed up and is no longer catching with an odd number of fingers. Shall I start a thread with that title?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
smarta5150;1300950 said:

End of story haters.

I'm really tempted to start that "Why TO's return will make us better" thread. The finger's on the trigger man. Talk me out of it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1301186 said:
I'm really tempted to start that "Why TO's return will make us better" thread. The finger's on the trigger man. Talk me out of it.

:shoot3:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
superpunk;1300805 said:
Dave, I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but here it is - from the grown-up zone

James admits to T.O. toll

Asked after the game Saturday whether receiver Terrell Owens proved to be too much of a distraction to the Cowboys team, linebacker Bradie James called it something else.

"It definitely took a toll on the team after a while," James said. "Whether it was a distraction or not, every week so much was going on. The game is about production and wins, and that's what we have to do."

James added that the season felt especially long.

"Coming into training camp, it was like a zoo," he said. "You got some high-profile people on the team. All that went on. So much goes into that. It's been a long, long season. A long season."

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Let's ask TO if Bradie James and his inability to cover anyone while doing his best "Which way did he gooooo???" impression practically every down took it's toll on the team. It's funny how an idiot like James berating a teammate is seen as somehow legitimate but the minute TO does it he's the devil. You've gotta love haters and their persistent agendas. With out TO we're a 7 win team next year. Bookmark that.

TO had a real effect on the ability of Bradie James to play like anything that resembles an NFL linebacker. :rolleyes:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1300770 said:
I wish I could find it again. James was quoted. It wasn't media generated opinion. Not EVERY THING owens is. This came from a player. my point is if more players feel the same, he's a problem.

You know if money grew on trees I would be a millionaire with the number of trees in my yard.

Skin

Reaction score
TO is coming back and if he doesn't, we're going to be screwed. T-Glenn is not a #1 receiver and P-Crayton isn't a #2. Guys like TO don't grow on trees and you're not going to draft a rookie who is going to come in a put up his numbers in year 1. We need him next year.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
smarta5150;1300950 said:

End of story haters.

What was our record last year?

What was our record this year?

How many playoff wins did this much improved Dallas team with TO have, opposed to last years?

Regrettably, end of story.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Blue&Silver;1301407 said:
What was our record last year?

What was our record this year?

How many playoff wins did this much improved Dallas team with TO have, opposed to last years?

Regrettably, end of story.

what was our record in 05? what was our record in 04? in 03?

Let me help you out.

03 - 10 & 6, big splash by tuna ending in a playoff loss.
04 - 6 & 10 ...zzzz
05 - 9 & 7 ... zzzz
06 - 9 & 7 with yet another playoff loss.

So help me figure out where TO fits into the larger equation.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1301198 said:
:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Let's ask TO if Bradie James and his inability to cover anyone while doing his best "Which way did he gooooo???" impression practically every down took it's toll on the team. It's funny how an idiot like James berating a teammate is seen as somehow legitimate but the minute TO does it he's the devil. You've gotta love haters and their persistent agendas. With out TO we're a 7 win team next year. Bookmark that.

TO had a real effect on the ability of Bradie James to play like anything that resembles an NFL linebacker. :rolleyes:

Bradie James,that's one cat to talk.
Isn't Bradie James the player that got called out by one journeyman Jon Kitna?
Yep,that #56.