Why was Stewart fired but Garrett wasn't?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Because the offense was so productive based on the personnel we had?

I'll give him one more year, but I don't see any of this genius, nor does anyone else in the nfl, which is why he couldn't get a head coaching job even with the worst team in nfl history...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Is this the last year of his over inflated contract?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
because people who know more than you can see last season wasnt his fault.....

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
Because while T.O. is here Garrett will always have a scapegoat on why the offense fails.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
yeah i have one of the great receivers in nfl history on my offense, its HIS fault my offense is failing...

ill buy that for a dollar

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2666395 said:
well whose fault was it?

1) Injuries
2) Inability to adjust
3) Defense doesn't score enough points...errrr...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
1. part of football
2. thats the coaching
3. for real, you need your defense to score your points?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2666379 said:
Because the offense was so productive based on the personnel we had?

I'll give him one more year, but I don't see any of this genius, nor does anyone else in the nfl, which is why he couldn't get a head coaching job even with the worst team in nfl history...

I will give you 3 million reasons

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dadymat;2666390 said:
because people who know more than you can see last season wasnt his fault.....

You mean Jerry?

Haha? I wouldn't say Jerry knows much, but he does have all the money.

Stewart was fired because he did nothing. Since Wade took over, he was nothing more than a warm body.

Garrett calls the plays and while he had a very poor 2008 IMO, he had a very good 2007 and has bought himself some time.

Garrett deserves some blame no doubt but he isn't in the same spot as Stewart.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Its a fine line.

A couple of catches here... a little execution there.... and Garrett is the Almighty again.

Offense will be fine.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2666403 said:
1. part of football
2. thats the coaching
3. for real, you need your defense to score your points?

#3 was sarcasm.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
bbgun;2666432 said:
Because "The Man" likes to keep a brother down.

The Man (read BBGun) also likes to steal the brother's woman (read Woody's Girl).:)

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
YoMick;2666420 said:
Its a fine line.

A couple of catches here... a little execution there.... and Garrett is the Almighty again.

Offense will be fine.

Bingo.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
:lmao2:

Tom Landry would never make it in the NFL today by some people's ridiculous standards. The tunnel vision aspect of this is hilarious.

Was the Offense taken away from Garrett the way the Defense was taken away from Stewart? Does that little fact shed any sunlight on a silly question?

What happened to the Defense once Wade took over? No change or was there a surge forward? Wouldn't thinking of that alone answer the question 90% of the time?

It honestly is not that hard to figure out. Garrett has spent the last 2 years as a legit candidate for Head Coaching jobs. Stewart hasn't found a job since he was let go. Do you smell that? It's the coffee brewing. Time to wake up.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hostile;2666453 said:

Tom Landry would never make it in the NFL today by some people's ridiculous standards. The tunnel vision aspect of this is hilarious.

Was the Offense taken away from Garrett the way the Defense was taken away from Stewart? Does that little fact shed any sunlight on a silly question?

What happened to the Defense once Wade took over? No change or was there a surge forward? Wouldn't thinking of that alone answer the question 90% of the time?

It honestly is not that hard to figure out. Garrett has spent the last 2 years as a legit candidate for Head Coaching jobs. Stewart hasn't found a job since he was let go. Do you smell that? It's the coffee brewing. Time to wake up.

Hahahaha. Owned to the 10th degree.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;2666453 said:

Wade doesn't do Offense but if he did and had he been able to pull rank over Jerry's kid, I'm sure we would have seen a surge fwd. This offense falls on it's face every December, it must be Jerry. Oh and nobody really wants Garrett anymore, he's just interview fodder...