Why was Stewart fired but Garrett wasn't?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2666919 said:
Injuries and poor O-line are things I've listed before many times over as the main problem why Garrett's play calling fails us in December. You can't run the same deep routes over and over and over when the QB is being pressured and sacked constantly. Play calling is never adjusted to the teams weaknesses, therefore it falls back on the coach calling the plays. Live by the bomb, die by the bomb. If we went to shorter stuff, we'd get better results. Like that game where Choice was getting all that YAC. Once we went back to deep passing we stopped scoring, never fails. And who endorsed Brad Johnson? Hang em when you find out. Epic Fail..

Never said you blamed Jerry but I blame Jerry for signing Garrett before the head coach. We were destined to fail from the start. That's the real reason why this team is out of sync....
Maybe you should go into coaching since it's that easy.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;2666934 said:
Maybe you should go into coaching since it's that easy.

I can barely get my dog to listen to me:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2666951 said:
I can barely get my dog to listen to me:laugh2:

You need some cupcakes.

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/2dmf7yd.gif

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;2666957 said:
You need some cupcakes.

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/2dmf7yd.gif

Yeah we bribe him with treats, otherwise he'd refuse to shake my hand.:D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2666919 said:
Injuries and poor O-line are things I've listed before many times over as the main problem why Garrett's play calling fails us in December. You can't run the same deep routes over and over and over when the QB is being pressured and sacked constantly. Play calling is never adjusted to the teams weaknesses, therefore it falls back on the coach calling the plays. Live by the bomb, die by the bomb. If we went to shorter stuff, we'd get better results. Like that game where Choice was getting all that YAC. Once we went back to deep passing we stopped scoring, never fails. And who endorsed Brad Johnson? Hang em when you find out. Epic Fail..

Never said you blamed Jerry but I blame Jerry for signing Garrett before the head coach. We were destined to fail from the start. That's the real reason why this team is out of sync....

Jason Witten, Bennett and the RB's run the bomb all the time? Patrick Crayton runs the bomb routes all the time? owens and RW run shorter routes all the time too.

The exaggeration in this forum is amazing.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
dbair1967;2666962 said:
Jason Witten, Bennett and the RB's run the bomb all the time? Patrick Crayton runs the bomb routes all the time? owens and RW run shorter routes all the time too.

The exaggeration in this forum is amazing.

If you pay close attention to the games you will find that many drives are killed by failed deep routes. Even not so deep routes like 20-30 yards out. We need to mix it up more and stick to our real strength, the run.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2666970 said:
If you pay close attention to the games you will find that many drives are killed by failed deep routes. Even not so deep routes like 20-30 yards out. We need to mix it up more and stick to our real strength, the run.

Staying out of long down and distance would help. Dallas jumping offside or holding whipped out many drives forcing us in to situations that are hard to overcome especially when you are facing top defenses as we did over the last 4 games. I do agree I would to see Dallas more committed to the run but even at that guys need to stop these foolish penalties that create poor down and distance situations

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2666980 said:
Staying out of long down and distance would help. Dallas jumping offside or holding whipped out many drives forcing us in to situations that are hard to overcome especially when you are facing top defenses as we did over the last 4 games. I do agree I would to see Dallas more committed to the run but even at that guys need to stop these foolish penalties that create poor down and distance situations

Many times when we had 2nd and long we could have gone short 1st but instead went long twice and failed. Or 3rd and long inside the 50, same scenario. It drives me nuts how we always go for the big play. It only works early in the season but when December comes around we fail. Teams play harder in December and they won't give up the long stuff as much.

I wish all the Garrett apologists would go back and look at all the wasted plays where we should have gone short instead. This year I pray Felix gets to run the screen...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667007 said:
Many times when we had 2nd and long we could have gone short 1st but instead went long twice and failed. Or 3rd and long inside the 50, same scenario. It drives me nuts how we always go for the big play. It only works early in the season but when December comes around we fail. Teams play harder in December and they won't give up the long stuff as much.

I wish all the Garrett apologists would go back and look at all the wasted plays where we should have gone short instead. This year I pray Felix gets to run the screen...

I'm not apologizing for Garrett I also do not know what all the options were on any given play. Where they times Romo choose to look deep? face it most plays called have more than 1 option. This is not go the the chevy and turn right. I think Garrett has to do a better job of making certain adjustments but to lay this all at the feet of Garrett when I do know that there was a lot of poor execution

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2666970 said:

I did, and you're wrong.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667007 said:

I wish all the Garrett bashers would ask why he is a hot NFL commodity and why people like Tony Sparano think he's got unlimited potential if he's so useless.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2667023 said:
I'm not apologizing for Garrett I also do not know what all the options were on any given play. Where they times Romo choose to look deep? face it most plays called have more than 1 option. This is not go the the chevy and turn right. I think Garrett has to do a better job of making certain adjustments but to lay this all at the feet of Garrett when I do know that there was a lot of poor execution

I'm of the opinion that Garrett and Romo both want to go long more often than not. Therefore you have the blind leading the blind into the over achieving nothingness ditch.

dbair1967;2667029 said:
I did, and you're wrong.

Ok, then I will concede because you say so.

Hostile;2667035 said:
I wish all the Garrett bashers would ask why he is a hot NFL commodity and why people like Tony Sparano think he's got unlimited potential if he's so useless.

All I care about is the win. This forum is a place to post frustrations and joys of the game. Whether Garrett is hot or not is irrelevant because nobody wants to pay him what he's stealing in Dallas. Fact...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667054 said:
All I care about is the win. This forum is a place to post frustrations and joys of the game. Whether Garrett is hot or not is irrelevant because nobody wants to pay him what he's stealing in Dallas. Fact...
If all you care about is wins then why would you want to jump ship so fast? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Never in the 88 year History of the NFL has any coach been as perfect as what is being demanded of Jason Garrett by fans here. Which is why I said you people would never have wanted Tom Landry. Coaches develop same as players. They go through ups and downs. The idea that someone who has had a down year is worthless is the biggest bunch of horse**** I have ever heard.

gbrittain

Reaction score
If we judge JG on stats, does any JG detractor concede that Dallas would have been top 10 in scoring had Romo not gotten hurt? Dallas only needed to score 30 more points to crack the top 10.

Dallas was top 9 in yardage despite Romo missing three games.

I know those are just stats and winning is what counts. So if a new coordinator where to come in and Dallas does not improve on those numbers or win a playoff game should we fire that coordinator after one "bad" year as well?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Did you notice how the defense stepped up a notch after Wade took over?

that may have something to do with it

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2667035 said:
Garrett has the most talented offense in the league and failed last season. you really can't argue that.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2667350 said:
Garrett has the most talented offense in the league and failed last season. you really can't argue that.

or the fact that he's so hot, that teams are afraid of getting burned

by making him their head coach

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;2667350 said:
Actually I can. I only deal int he real world, not the fantasy crap that floats lately.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2667352 said:
or the fact that he's so hot, that teams are afraid of getting burned

by making him their head coach
yeah cause if you remember he's too smart:laugh2: