Why was Stewart fired but Garrett wasn't?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667982 said:
Or the ignorance of racial implications. And how do teams hold all the cards when a coach has 5 other options? Everything is negotiable and leverage is always a factor...

Racial implications? Whatever.

Let me educate you a little. There exists in the NFL a rule called the Rooney-rule in which each team with a head coaching opening MUST interview a minority candidate - whether they intend to hire said candidate or not. I bring that up because it is clear that there is NO Rooney-rule applying to red headed, white guys.

So, if an NFL teams CHOOSES to interview a candidate that does not fall under the MANDATORY Rooney-rule applicant- then it stands to reason the teams has an interest in that candidate.

But pleas, don't let facts interfere your asinine argument and your attempts at labeling someone racist simply because you do not understand simple things.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
5Countem5;2667992 said:
Racial implications? Whatever.

Let me educate you a little. There exists in the NFL a rule called the Rooney-rule in which each team with a head coaching opening MUST interview a minority candidate - whether they intend to hire said candidate or not. I bring that up because it is clear that there is NO Rooney-rule applying to red headed, white guys.

So, if an NFL teams CHOOSES to interview a candidate that does not fall under the MANDATORY Rooney-rule applicant- then it stands to reason the teams has an interest in that candidate.

But pleas, don't let facts interfere your asinine argument and your attempts at labeling someone racist simply because you do not understand simple things.

Spin away. Your implication was racially based from the beginning as is the Rooney Rule. Nothing to do with the fact that Garrett is mediocre. Far more teams produce win after win with far less. The fact that you continue to resort to name calling only enforces the fact that you....ahh never mind.

Garrett Blows....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667952 said:
Whoopie do, let me know when we look stupid in December...

so thats the spin you losers will use if they get off to a great start eh?

glad you didnt waste anytime coming up with that

:rolleyes:

Silverstar

Reaction score
I don't like Garrett at all and was really hoping Detroit or someone else would take him off our hands. I think his play-calling is mediocre at best and his ability to adjust on the fly is terrible. I think the position he holds right now, has more to do with his past here as player and less to do with his talent as a coach. We've seen this before with past players turned coaches in...

Dan Reeves
Jim Jeffcoat
Bill Bates
Dat Nguyen

among others, but just never this high up in the organization. With Cowher, Shanahan, Gruden and Holmgren among other SB winning HC's available for 2010, Garrett has NO CHANCE of being HC in Dallas now IMO. Like I said, I wish he had been picked up as HC somewhere else.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2668012 said:
Spin away. Your implication was racially based from the beginning as is the Rooney Rule. Nothing to do with the fact that Garrett is mediocre. Far more teams produce win after win with far less. The fact that you continue to resort to name calling only enforces the fact that you....ahh never mind.

Garrett Blows....

It had nothing to do with Garrett doing a good job or not- it was about you insinuating he was being interviewed with no chance of being hired.

Your hatred over-rode your common sense- deal with it.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
dbair1967;2668027 said:
so thats the spin you losers will use if they get off to a great start eh?

glad you didnt waste anytime coming up with that

Losers? More name calling eh? Can't stop the message so ya shoot the messenger, got it. Look we already know this team excels during the regular season but get figured out later on. Same ole same ole. Teams play much harder down the stretch....

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2668012 said:

Garrett Blows....

What name-calling?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
5Countem5;2668031 said:
It had nothing to do with Garrett doing a good job or not- it was about you insinuating he was being interviewed with no chance of being hired.

Your hatred over-rode your common sense- deal with it.

So now you can read minds? I guess you know right now what I'm thinking to huh?:rolleyes:

The only thing I hate is my team losing. So as an objective fan my conclusion is this:

Injuries resulted in poor O-line production which resulted in more injuries which exposed a coaches inability to adjust which also exposed his talent scouting of one Brad Johnson which resulted in a bad season. Broken record...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2668050 said:
So now you can read minds? I guess you know right now what I'm thinking to huh?:rolleyes:

The only thing I hate is my team losing. So as an objective fan my conclusion is this:

Injuries resulted in poor O-line production which resulted in more injuries which exposed a coaches inability to adjust which also exposed his talent scouting of one Brad Johnson which resulted in a bad season.Broken record...

speaking of that

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667970 said:
Throwing%2BStones.JPEG
I like that one.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2666379 said:
Because the offense was so productive based on the personnel we had?

I'll give him one more year, but I don't see any of this genius, nor does anyone else in the nfl, which is why he couldn't get a head coaching job even with the worst team in nfl history...

I am convinced the coach behind the offense in 2007 is now coaching the Maimi Dolphins. What was different between the offense in 2007 and 2008. Tony Sparano ladies and gentleman. The boy wonder is a pet cat of the worst Owner in the NFL. We are stuck with him, because the worst owner in the NFL has an ego so big, he can't admit he is wrong.

mperfection

Reaction score
Hostile;2666453 said:
:lmao2:

Tom Landry would never make it in the NFL today by some people's ridiculous standards. The tunnel vision aspect of this is hilarious.

Was the Offense taken away from Garrett the way the Defense was taken away from Stewart? Does that little fact shed any sunlight on a silly question?

What happened to the Defense once Wade took over? No change or was there a surge forward? Wouldn't thinking of that alone answer the question 90% of the time?

It honestly is not that hard to figure out. Garrett has spent the last 2 years as a legit candidate for Head Coaching jobs. Stewart hasn't found a job since he was let go. Do you smell that? It's the coffee brewing. Time to wake up.

Regardless, the verdict is still out on Garrett. And yes, I think he received a BIG pass from the media last year. Injuries or not, his play calling was suspect, and both Romo and Owens alluded to this.

Someone posted an article on this board a while ago entitled "How Jason Garrett Murdered the Cowboys" last year. Anyone who reads that article and STILL thinks that Garrett isn't suspect needs to put the coffee down and pick up the smelling salts.

mperfection

Reaction score
dbair1967;2667905 said:
Alot of people in this forum are going to look like retards supreme around late September/ early October

You mean the ones who believe that Garrett can do no wrong?:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mperfection;2668258 said:
Regardless, the verdict is still out on Garrett. And yes, I think he received a BIG pass from the media last year. Injuries or not, his play calling was suspect, and both Romo and Owens alluded to this.

Someone posted an article on this board a while ago entitled "How Jason Garrett Murdered the Cowboys" last year. Anyone who reads that article and STILL thinks that Garrett isn't suspect needs to put the coffee down and pick up the smelling salts.
Yeah I read that article and thought it was stupid.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
2233boys;2668203 said:
I am convinced the coach behind the offense in 2007 is now coaching the Maimi Dolphins. What was different between the offense in 2007 and 2008. Tony Sparano ladies and gentleman. The boy wonder is a pet cat of the worst Owner in the NFL. We are stuck with him, because the worst owner in the NFL has an ego so big, he can't admit he is wrong.
:hammer:

mperfection;2668258 said:

mperfection;2668271 said:
You mean the ones who believe that Garrett can do no wrong?:rolleyes:

Ad nauseam..:horse: