Why was Stewart fired but Garrett wasn't?

khiladi

Reaction score
Hostile;2667447 said:
The fact is the numbers are blurred by the fact that Romo was never healthy after the AZ Cardinals game. He was rushed back from a broken bone in his hand to try and salvage a sinking season.

Jimmy Johnson once said, "they knew what we were going to run, but they couldn't stop us."

Jimmy's an idiot.[/sarcasm]

So why did the Cowboys fire Schula? That is just a hyperbole of JJ... It isn't reality and he knows it. Our offensive play-calling became worse and worse, once Norv left. We started to have troubles in the red-zone, and one fo the big reasons was because we started hirign bums like Coslett...

khiladi

Reaction score
Hostile;2667465 said:
Nonsense.

In you opinion, not mine... That was a pathetic offensive display as well... That Barber TD hid the ineptness of that offense...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
khiladi;2667467 said:
So why did the Cowboys fire Schula? That is just a hyperbole of JJ... It isn't reality and he knows it.
You really aren't trying to compare 1989 and 1990 to 2007 and 2008.

Please tell me you are not that naive to go there with me.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2667446 said:
Ah, so in your world what he lacks is simply a Hall of Fame RB.

Gotcha.

:rolleyes:
no you ginger apologist. you don't need a hall of fame rb when you have 3 good backs all with there unique qualities. Tecmo didn't even let felix get a carry vs wash. and didn't even throw 1 screen pass to him. he also didn't let Choice touch the rock till Felix got hurt and he ran a backup who became a full time starter in 1 year into the ground.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hostile;2667473 said:
You really aren't trying to compare 1989 and 1990 to 2007 and 2008.

Please tell me you are not that naive to go there with me.

Wait... I thought you were supporting the argument that one can be simple and be a good offense. Now your saying we can't compare those eras. So why are you justifying the comparison of the Garrett era to the ear of Norv Turner and the Cowboys?

And further, your trying to compare Garrett to Landry and Lombardi... The irony of it all...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
SMCowboy;2667450 said:
No where did I say that Garrett was not to blame for last years debacle. He certainly was FAR from perfect, infact in a previous post I stated that.

And I would agree that you don't go from an elite WR to no longer being a #1 WR in one season. But the fact is, that TO was NOT an elite WR in 2007. He was no doubt an elite FANTASY WR, and he put up HUGE stats mostly early in the season. The second half of 2007 teams figured out how to guard the current TO, and that carried over into 2008. Is TO still a very good WR, absolutely. But, he is no longer an elite WR, or a true #1.

huh??

Owens had 156 yards receiving and a TD in week 13 of the 2007 season against the Green Bay Packers with 2 Pro bowl CBs on the field who are known for ... wait for it ... intense press coverage.

2 games earlier he went for 4 TDs and 173 yards against the Commanders.

Perhaps you do not recall but Owens was banged up and played sparingly in some of those games at the tail end of the year.

Last season Owens had 8 games of more than 50 yards receiving and 8 of less. Of the 8 less 3 never saw Romo touch the field. Another was the first game back for Romo when he was clearly limited. Another was a NYG game were we ran the ball down their throats all game and played defense.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
khiladi;2667485 said:
Wait... I thought you were supporting the argument that one can be simple and be a good offense. Now your saying we can't compare those eras. So why are you justifying the comparison of the Garrett era to the ear of Norv Turner and the Cowboys?

And further, your trying to compare Garrett to Landry and Lombardi... The irony of it all...
Dave Shula's offense wasn't simple.

You said simple and predictable offenses don't work. I guess Jimmy Johnson doesn't know what he is talking about. Vince Lombardi didn't either. Tell me what was complicated about the Steelers Offense. Or the Giants Offense before that.

Fail.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
khiladi;2667443 said:
Uh, they were the fault of BP. That is why, when Wade actually took over these defense, they went from one of the worst in the league at sacking to the QB to leading the league in sacking the QB. If it has to do with execution alone, then Dallas would have got that many sacks with Brian Stewart.

Playing sound defense is about far more than merely sacking the quarterback. Good defenses surrender a minimal amount of points. The number of points surrendered by the Cowboys has not improved appreciably under Phillips.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;2667078 said:
If all you care about is wins then why would you want to jump ship so fast? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Never in the 88 year History of the NFL has any coach been as perfect as what is being demanded of Jason Garrett by fans here. Which is why I said you people would never have wanted Tom Landry. Coaches develop same as players. They go through ups and downs. The idea that someone who has had a down year is worthless is the biggest bunch of horse**** I have ever heard.

If perfect=winning then yes we demand it. Especially when we have an owner who spares no expense on talent. I don't understand how people who love the Cowboys as mush as I do can give certain coaches a pass for mediocrity. Hooray for 5th place ribbons.

Focker out..

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2666396 said:
yeah i have one of the great receivers in nfl history on my offense, its HIS fault my offense is failing...

ill buy that for a dollar

High roller!:laugh1:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667809 said:
If perfect=winning then yes we demand it. Especially when we have an owner who spares no expense on talent. I don't understand how people who love the Cowboys as mush as I do can give certain coaches a pass for mediocrity. Hooray for 5th place ribbons.

Focker out..
I don't give anyone on the 2008 team a pass. I also don't over react and try and make 1 or 2 people scapegoats. Was Garrett faultless in 2008? Hell no, and I never said he was. There's no need to stoop to hyperbole when discussing his worth though. Stuff like he is interview fodder isn't discussion worthy. That's just pissing and moaning about something for the sheer sake of doing it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Alot of people in this forum are going to look like retards supreme around late September/ early October

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;2667899 said:
I don't give anyone on the 2008 team a pass. I also don't over react and try and make 1 or 2 people scapegoats. Was Garrett faultless in 2008? Hell no, and I never said he was. There's no need to stoop to hyperbole when discussing his worth though. Stuff like he is interview fodder isn't discussion worthy. That's just pissing and moaning about something for the sheer sake of doing it.

Never said it was all Garrett but it does fall back on him for not adjusting.

No, saying he's a hot commodity when he's just interview fodder is horse hockey:nana:

dbair1967;2667905 said:
Alot of people in this forum are going to look like retards supreme around late September/ early October

Whoopie do, let me know when we look stupid in December...

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667952 said:

No, saying he's a hot commodity when he's just interview fodder is horse hockey:nana:

Whoopie do, let me know when we look stupid in December...

Unless there is a Rooney-rule about interviewing red-headed, white guys- then saying he was just "interview- fodder" is just stupid.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667952 said:

I now return you to your hallucinations. So much for 5 years sober. Flashbacks are a bummer.

:wink2:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
5Countem5;2667955 said:
Unless there is a Rooney-rule about interviewing red-headed, white guys- then saying he was just "interview- fodder" is just stupid.

Why does everyone bring up his hair and skin color????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The same way players interview with more than one team to find a better price is the same way teams interview more than one coach as LEVERAGE for negotiations, hence interview fodder.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;2667959 said:
I now return you to your hallucinations. So much for 5 years sober. Flashbacks are a bummer.

:wink2:

Throwing%2BStones.JPEG

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2667967 said:
Why does everyone bring up his hair and skin color????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The same way players interview with more than one team to find a better price is the same way teams interview more than one coach as LEVERAGE for negotiations, hence interview fodder.

I bring it up because it shows the stupidity of the term you threw out.

Teams do not need LEVERAGE in HIRING a coach. They already hold ALL the cards...LOL

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
5Countem5;2667974 said:
I bring it up because it shows the stupidity of the term you threw out.

Teams do not need LEVERAGE in HIRING a coach. They already hold ALL the cards...LOL

Or the ignorance of racial implications. And how do teams hold all the cards when a coach has 5 other options? Everything is negotiable and leverage is always a factor...