Why Would Any College Player or Free Agent Want to Play in Dallas?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
  2. The Jones boys have put together a 29-year, no div playoff win draught
  3. No one should expect to win a ring to come to this dysfunctional franchise
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.
So you're saying the 217 draftees and another 100 free agents are gonna all try to get on the same five teams that are better than the Cowboys so you're trying to tell me that all those teams the Dallas Cowboys are finishing above the last three seasons somehow are more attractive than the Dallas Cowboys with the big star in her helmet that play in prime time all the time and that are actually winning games that's why they do pay their players so can we stop here's my question why do fans even bother being fans anymore why are you here that you hate this team so much and you think they can't make more noise in the playoffs and it's over until all the Joneses perish then you might as well move on to another team I'm tired of hearing the crying the whining the incessant toddler tantrums that go on in here we won 36 games two division titles been in the playoffs three straight years when Prescott healthy we've been to the playoffs 5 out of eight seasons but we are actually a winning team regardless of how far we're going to playoffs I mean how many teams are not going to the playoffs you're trying to tell me that 300 players should ignore ohh other teams except for the five teams that have finished better than the Cowboys the last three seasons is that what you're trying to tell me they shouldn't come here at all they should just ignore all the other teams that can't win in the playoffs and try to fit themselves on a 53 man roster like 300 like just ignore the rest of the NFL that how it works you're trying to tell me that there are so many other teams that are going far in the playoffs on a yearly basis???!!

It sounds like to me you need to go find another team why would a fan like you and all this incessant whiners throwing fits with the torches and pitchforks all out in full bloom even bother coming here and wasting your time talking Cowboys please delete your account please delete all your accounts and block all Dallas cowboy social media notifications and move on to another team it sounds like you need to go be a chiefs fan they're the new flavor of the month and then the next time they start losing you can go to the next flavor of the month how about that???

blueblood70

Reaction score
And Tom Landry and Tex Schram built the most indestructible brand in sports history.
You mean indestructible like they've only won two championships and Jerry won three are you trying to tell me now that deep playoff runs without ending in a Super Bowl or better than what's going on now I mean literally Jerry has three and 33 years and that indestructible brand only won two Super Bowls they lost in bad ways to the Pittsburgh Steelers and some other teams they blew games they literally were not winning Super Bowls they were more like the Buffalo Bills who by the way haven't won one but I'm just saying who we're getting close but just not winning the big one...

I mean can you count it doesn't sound like you can count because it championships matter then Jerry Jones has won more championships than the other three franchises NSFW and text shram and Tom landry's old teams I don't care how many regular season games they won how many winning seasons they have they only have two championships... So why don't you take that nonsense out of here seriously I mean is that what you're trying to do is make Jerry seem the same 33 year. With three titles different than the other 33 years with only two titles that's better and by the way I don't think they had the same salary cap and free agent issues that they have to go to today and so many players moving and changing teams like on a regular basis stars just floating around from team to team like hitman that stuff started right after Jimmy left right around that last two years it has become more difficult to build those same dynasty so let's not try to compare eras remember we don't try to cut down Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach for all the interceptions they've thrown in their careers where their touchdown interception ratios were way below Romo and Prescott and horrible Danny white playoff displays of making mistakes but everyone brings up era was a different era back then building teams... The makeup of today's players and it's all business with the agents it's a whole lot different than before///

you could take that nonsense out of here you could keep trying to build up the old regime that was about to go bankrupt and had to sell their team to Jerry Jones who then immediately turned around and won three Super Bowls in four years that still stands three to two the same way with everyone bragging about the stars in The Mavericks and the Texas Rangers who took 52 years to get one title all three of those teams only have three titles Jerry has three keep some perspective championships are hard to win...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.
You accurately answered your own question.

Dallas is attractive for money and fame, not for winning. Bidness is bidness.

Winning is for guys who have already cashed in. It's lower priority than family finances.

ArtClink

Reaction score
You mean indestructible like they've only won two championships and Jerry won three are you trying to tell me now that deep playoff runs without ending in a Super Bowl or better than what's going on now I mean literally Jerry has three and 33 years and that indestructible brand only won two Super Bowls they lost in bad ways to the Pittsburgh Steelers and some other teams they blew games they literally were not winning Super Bowls they were more like the Buffalo Bills who by the way haven't won one but I'm just saying who we're getting close but just not winning the big one...

I mean can you count it doesn't sound like you can count because it championships matter then Jerry Jones has won more championships than the other three franchises NSFW and text shram and Tom landry's old teams I don't care how many regular season games they won how many winning seasons they have they only have two championships... So why don't you take that nonsense out of here seriously I mean is that what you're trying to do is make Jerry seem the same 33 year. With three titles different than the other 33 years with only two titles that's better and by the way I don't think they had the same salary cap and free agent issues that they have to go to today and so many players moving and changing teams like on a regular basis stars just floating around from team to team like hitman that stuff started right after Jimmy left right around that last two years it has become more difficult to build those same dynasty so let's not try to compare eras remember we don't try to cut down Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach for all the interceptions they've thrown in their careers where their touchdown interception ratios were way below Romo and Prescott and horrible Danny white playoff displays of making mistakes but everyone brings up era was a different era back then building teams... The makeup of today's players and it's all business with the agents it's a whole lot different than before///

you could take that nonsense out of here you could keep trying to build up the old regime that was about to go bankrupt and had to sell their team to Jerry Jones who then immediately turned around and won three Super Bowls in four years that still stands three to two the same way with everyone bragging about the stars in The Mavericks and the Texas Rangers who took 52 years to get one title all three of those teams only have three titles Jerry has three keep some perspective championships are hard to win...
The Stockholm syndrome

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Stockholm syndrome
no,

no it's not we have different ways we perceive sports,

and I just laying it out that's pretty factual you don't want to see it because you're blind because you think you're still stuck in the old NFL and somehow past 1997 you think there was no football from there on..

you'd be very wrong and I can't be more factual literally the other three teams in this damn area have 3 total titles but everyone's bragging about their playoff runs our old regime has two titles, Jerry has three, the Cowboys have five ,we're waiting on number six,

it's OK to be more patient , yes, I get it we're impatient we want more that's OK to want more we want to go deeper into playoffs, we want another NFC championship we want another Super Bowl but there's been longer droughts throughout every sport and football there are teams that have not won a Super Bowl yet there are teams that only have one single Super Bowl in 52 years and those with one Super Bowl are waiting on #2...

I mean the Kansas City Chiefs are a good example, they went 52 years between their Super Bowls, it's funny that keeps popping up right, I mean it was 52 years for the Rangers is 52 years for Kansas City 160- present Eagles have ONE! YET, somehow 28 years just looks really bad to people who have a bad attitude and choose to be negative and I'm choosing not to be that because I've seen far longer and far worse droughts than to be waiting on number six for Jerry he's waiting on #4....

Let that sink in, OK you're not people's therapist, you don't get to say I have a syndrome,

I'm telling you ,you need to see a therapist for your negative attitude, I worry about fans like you who take this so seriously and so angry and yet you punish yourself by being part of these websites when you don't have to , you don't even have to watch the games a therapist would say you got a problem Jerry doesn't have a problem the Cowboys don't have a problem things like me don't have a problem you have a problem... There's a hotline for types like you...use it

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
no,

and I just laying it out that's pretty factual you don't want to see it because you're blind because you think you're still stuck in the old NFL and somehow past 1997 you think there was no football from there on..

you'd be very wrong and I can't be more factual literally the other three teams in this damn area have 3 total titles but everyone's bragging about their playoff runs our old regime has two titles, Jerry has three, the Cowboys have five ,we're waiting on number six,

it's OK to be more patient , yes, I get it we're impatient we want more that's OK to want more we want to go deeper into playoffs, we want another NFC championship we want another Super Bowl but there's been longer droughts throughout every sport and football there are teams that have not won a Super Bowl yet there are teams that only have one single Super Bowl in 52 years and those with one Super Bowl are waiting on #2...

I mean the Kansas City Chiefs are a good example, they went 52 years between their Super Bowls, it's funny that keeps popping up right, I mean it was 52 years for the Rangers is 52 years for Kansas City 160- present Eagles have ONE! YET, somehow 28 years just looks really bad to people who have a bad attitude and choose to be negative and I'm choosing not to be that because I've seen far longer and far worse droughts than to be waiting on number six for Jerry he's waiting on #4....

Let that sink in, OK you're not people's therapist, you don't get to say I have a syndrome,

I'm telling you ,you need to see a therapist for your negative attitude, I worry about fans like you who take this so seriously and so angry and yet you punish yourself by being part of these websites when you don't have to , you don't even have to watch the games a therapist would say you got a problem Jerry doesn't have a problem the Cowboys don't have a problem things like me don't have a problem you have a problem... There's a hotline for types like you...use it
“there’s been longer droughts”? That’s like the bumper sticker on the back of an old beat up car that reads “I may be slow, but I’m ahead of you”. Yes, the Kansas City Chiefs went many years with no Super Bowl victories. They hired a new head coach 12 years ago, still none, then the owner hired a new General Manager seven years ago, owner/GM/Head Coach collaborated and they’ve achieved great results. The frustration is the Cowboys are owned by man who will not change in an effort to be successful. He’s convinced he can do it even though he’s not been able to in the current salary cap NFL. If a team’s fans do not overtly show their dissatisfaction with their favorite team’s lack of success they’re not fans at all.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Every player wants to play in Dallas.

csirl

Reaction score
Jerry over pays players.......good reason to play in Dallas.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Man, no snark here, but I hope your life gets better, and you find the strength to deal whatever you're going through.
Personally, I hope someone leaves a rake in Rocky's path.
Or, maybe, remove a manhole cover as he's crossing the street. Or, possibly attach a crane to his portapody and swing him around, like a shotput. These are just a few ideas.

ArtClink

Reaction score
no,

I really appreciate your concern. You’re a great friend.

ArtClink

Reaction score
“there’s been longer droughts”? That’s like the bumper sticker on the back of an old beat up car that reads “I may be slow, but I’m ahead of you”. Yes, the Kansas City Chiefs went many years with no Super Bowl victories. They hired a new head coach 12 years ago, still none, then the owner hired a new General Manager seven years ago, owner/GM/Head Coach collaborated and they’ve achieved great results. The frustration is the Cowboys are owned by man who will not change in an effort to be successful. He’s convinced he can do it even though he’s not been able to in the current salary cap NFL. If a team’s fans do not overtly show their dissatisfaction with their favorite team’s lack of success they’re not fans at all.
This! Yes we are stuck w the fuhrer, his idiot son, then Spaulding, then his kid …

Can you believe these fans that defend 30 years of playoff futility?

rambo2

Reaction score
You accurately answered your own question.

Dallas is attractive for money and fame, not for winning. Bidness is bidness.

Winning is for guys who have already cashed in. It's lower priority than family finances.
Dallas has won 37 games in the last 3 years. Name the other teams out of the 31 that have done that.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
It’s an entirely different perspective for fans old enough to have lived thru our glory eras.

Apathy has set in for many fans . Here in Dallas/ Ft Worth area the Cowboys are still the most loved franchise while our owner is most hated.

Jethro has frustrated fans this era. It’s a mixed bag of emotions.

We can walk and chew gum at the same time. It’s really not complicated to be a hardened critic while still rooting our team on.
You realize our last glory era was with Jones as the owner, correct?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dallas has won 37 games in the last 3 years. Name the other teams out of the 31 that have done that.
And nothing to show for it. We are the only team in NFL history to win 12 games in 3 consecutive seasons without making a championship game.

The Cowboys have lost seven straight games in the divisional round, the longest streak by any team since the merger in 1970.

5 teams have failed to play in a conference title game since 1996: the Cowboys, Texans, Browns, Dolphins and Commanders.

The Cowboys have gone one-and-done EIGHT times since 1996. The only team with more in that span is the Colts with10.

The Cowboys have made THIRTEEN straight playoff appearances without a trip to a conference championship game, the longest drought of its kind in playoff history. Yes, no other team has gone this many consecutive playoff trips without at least reaching an AFC or NFC title game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...umbers-since-last-nfc-title-game-appearance/#

Last edited:

vlad

Reaction score
Players aren’t fans, this is their livelihood IMO

Chasing6

Reaction score
And nothing to show for it. We are the only team in NFL history to win 12 games in 3 consecutive seasons without making a championship game.

The Cowboys have lost seven straight games in the divisional round, the longest streak by any team since the merger in 1970.

5 teams have failed to play in a conference title game since 1996: the Cowboys, Texans, Browns, Dolphins and Commanders.

The Cowboys have gone one-and-done EIGHT times since 1996. The only team with more in that span is the Colts with10.

The Cowboys have made THIRTEEN straight playoff appearances without a trip to a conference championship game, the longest drought of its kind in playoff history. Yes, no other team has gone this many consecutive playoff trips without at least reaching an AFC or NFC title game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...umbers-since-last-nfc-title-game-appearance/#
Let's shoot for a 4th and see what happens.