Wildcard Game Thread

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Completely agree! It's funny when you talk to fans sometimes that tout a QB on his arm strength or his physical size. Ok, those are great too, but is he smart?
It is not just smarts.

I bet Osweiler can draw up a play on a dry erase. I bet all lousy QBs can. A lot of them stay around and become pretend coaches.

How they physiologically process is something that I think distinguishes some things. The player can be book smart, draw it all up, but when the bullets are flying, their brains don't work quickly. That is very much an individual talent.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Coming out in the draft, the complaint on Cook was that he had "slow eyes", in other words, went through his progressions too slow and deliberately.

That sack was a result of that. He should have had the ball off. Biggest and most underappreciated quality for a QB is how fast they can think and process.

Kurt Warner said his time in the Arena League helped him immensely when it came to making fast decisions and getting the football out. Arena Football is even faster than the NFL, since the routes being run are shorter.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Wait ...doesn't cook have a top 5 OL? Of course that automatically makes you a pro-bowl, top rated QB? :huh:

revospeed

Reaction score
Marquette King is not punting well today. But at least he looks cool doing it.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Well Full House is awesome, so I would hope so. :laugh:
Have-Mercy-Uncle-Jesse-on-Full-House.gif

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Good god these WRs for the Raiders are killing this kid... gotta help him out. It's amazing what Carr has done considering the line can't block and the WRs can't can't a cold. I feel for Cool right now. Geez unreal

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cook isn't getting any help. That was a good ball.
That is like it used to be back in the old days.

When Quincy Carter would occasionally be accurate, the "WRs weren't fighting for the ball".

Bad QBing is just that. These WRs are dropping passes with Carr, they probably have even less confidence with Cook.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Raiders just can't do much of anything today. When Cook actually shows situational awareness (which is rare) or makes a good throw, the Raiders can't catch.

revospeed

Reaction score
I think Cooper was trying to keep his feet in bounds.

Yeah that would have been a tough catch but he top 10 WR, he's gotta make that. Crabtree is dropping balls out there too, but Cook needed that catch.

willia451

Reaction score
1943 Sicily

Technically, no. Because Italy is part of the African continent from the standpoint of plate tectonics.

Italy is not part of the European plate. In fact, all land South of the Matterhorn in the Alps is part of Africa.

NBC's_The_More_You_Know.jpg