Will Cowboys fans care next year

Creeper

Reaction score
Given the CAP problem they have, the Cowboys will most likely get younger next year. I think it is fun to watch the 1st and 2nd year guys play. It will be like a full season of pre-season games!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I wonder how strong the apathy among Cowboys fans will be present next season.
There just seems to be a malaise among Cowboys fans after another failed season.
I think being burned year after year, for 26 years, by this team of teasing fans and flaming out when it counts the most is at it's peak.
The team could start 10-0 and I think fans will be like, meh, we've seen this movie before. Only until they make it past the Wild Card or win a Divisional Playoff game will fans start to believe in this team.
When we stop having the highest season attendance and when the fans stop throwing bottles and accept failure ...then we'll fall into malaise.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
They'll care, but not as much! 26 years of the Cowboys' flopping so badly has an effect of trying a fan's patience. :omg:
This team is built to falter -- Jerry and Stephen are the poisons that drive past greatness into hapless failures. :thumbdown:

Last edited:

NotForLong

Reaction score
There just seems to be a malaise among Cowboys fans after another failed season.
I think being burned year after year, for 26 years, by this team of teasing fans and flaming out when it counts the most is at it's peak.
The team could start 10-0 and I think fans will be like, meh, we've seen this movie before. Only until they make it past the Wild Card or win a Divisional Playoff game will fans start to believe in this team.
Not until Dak is gone . . . hopefully his leg falls off next year and Cowboys sign Brady to finish out the season

Doomsday101

Reaction score

How other fans think or feel is their issue not mine, I'm 100% behind this team and franchise. My being a fan has never had to do with winning and losing it is also not based on other peoples feelings. I'm there in good times and bad, to me that is what a fan is someone who supports and backs their team always. If other choose to not watch or not care well that is their deal.

Big_D

Reaction score
for 17 weeks at least and possibly an 18th before the Cowboys take their usual spot on the couch for the big game.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
A fan
Will watch and follow
Won't care (because I want a SB and we will never be even there as long as JJ and his circus stay around)

:cool:

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm not saying that you are, but this sounds like a fair weather fan statement, of which we have plenty.

Caring and believing we have SB potential are two different things. I cared a hell of a lot this past year and every year for decades. I also didn't see a team on the field this year capable of winning a SB even when we were playing great early on. That's not apathy, it's watching objectively. No matter how hard you root and hope, it doesn't change how good we are

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by "care".

If by that do you mean they will watch the games, pay attention to the draft? Then yes.

If by that you mean actively root for the team? Some yes, some no.

For me it's the former. After 53 years of being a Cowboys fan I have earned the right to be "meh" next year. Why not? Why subject myself to the emotional roller coaster this team rides EVERY FREAKING YEAR?

Dallas has to earn my enthusiasm in the coming year(s), which they can only do by AT LEAST winning two playoff games. If not, I'll be in "meh" mode in the 2023, and beyond, seasons...

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Cant start caring or hoping again until we have a change at QB. We have a few years until hope can begin again.

Redline360

Reaction score
Will always be a Cowboys fan but have accepted we won't win anything while Jerry or Stephen is in charge bar some type of miracle.

Media hypes cowboys as contenders as usual during the off season.

We beat up ****** teams. Million dak is great threads. Media hypes Dallas

We struggle. Million Dak sucks threads. Media beats us up

We play good again. Repeat above

We fall flat in the playoffs

Rinse and repeat

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
bob you and art still high-fiving each other about the elite dak. lmao. art disappeared after the choking. he's not Rockport is he?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
It won't be like before. The stress this team puts on you as you get older will kill you sooner versus later. I'm going to try not to let what Jerry and the team does get to me as much if at all come this September on. Wish me good luck:facepalm:

I say the same thing every year and I still get stressed and pissed off lol.

Aven8

Reaction score
Of course I will care. I love football and when it’s gone it sucks. Now do I think we’re going to win it all? No way, but maybe it will happen.

kevm3

Reaction score
Jerry and team have managed to sell hopium in the face of mediocrity for a quarter century. More than enough fans will care to make Jerry and crew profitable.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
yes, they will care. Sad part is,we know this is a better than average team and can't fully enjoy ourselves until at least a first round playoff win. That's just what it come to.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

Dallas fans have the lowest football iq out of any fan base in the NFL. They always come back for more punishment.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jerry and team have managed to sell hopium in the face of mediocrity for a quarter century. More than enough fans will care to make Jerry and crew profitable.

I don't pull for the Cowboys because of Jerry. I'm a Cowboys fan plain and simple and when the time comes where I'm not excited about the season then I would not bother with it. I'm sure Cin fans were not expecting a SB hell they have not sniffed playoffs for a long time but I at least respect those fans who have hung tough with their team in the good times and more often bad times. It is easy to be a fan when everything goes your way and the team wins. A hardcore fan is there hell or highwater. Like anyone I am disappointed but I refuse to join the pity party and the oh we will never win crowd.

links18

Reaction score

No, half the board will have us in the Super Bowl after each win.