Will Cowboys fans care next year

Mr_437

Reaction score
If you had a bfrain, youd know Jerry doesnt need to do ANYTHING to sell tickets. Jerry could go silent for the next 24 months and the Cowboys would still have the highest rated games on tv, would still be talked about on all the sports shows far more than any other team, and they would lead the league in attendance... AGAIN.

Mind your own business? lol... again, if you had a brain youd know that every post on these boards is everyone's business.
Spoken like a true Kool-aid drinker enjoy:thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve been a fan for 45+ years and I’ll always care but a little less each year. Just bad inconsistent football.
The bone heads on this forum that are constantly crying about Dak, Zeke don’t have a clue. It’s much bigger problem than just those two. This high profile team needs a hard a** coach that holds everyone accountable. With Jerry at the helm, it’s not gonna happen.
Define how you mean "care"?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s football. Of course we care. Maybe some to the extreme. Maybe some just for the drama. Myself, I feel it’s a way of life. Do I need to elaborate

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yes me still following the team is just like those in fresh Cowboys gear chanting Jerry's name in camp every year.

Good stuff.

To the bottom line, there's not much difference. You watch it on TV you're supporting the team's main source of revenue.

You are a number in Jerry's ledger.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
It's like a bad movie, you watch, it's kind of slow, boring, no action, but it might change, then you're halfway through and say crepe,I gotta watch and see what happens in the end.

For some fans who haven't seen the Boys in a SB game, I guess you can keep on watching and see what happens after 25+ years, seasons worth of heartaches.

Or you can stop watching the longest soap ever.

Anybody know who Clint Jr is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fanship is like the 'Til Death marriage vow. Every year has its highs and lows. Some years are great. Other years? Maybe meh. Your heart should tell you whether to stick it out no matter what. Or get a separation or file for divorce. Every single day has options.

Devotion, real devotion, is always more than skin deep. Anyone's feelings should not solely hang onto the festering boil that is Jerry Jones and his DNA brood. He is the franchise by ownership but the franchise was, is and will forever be much more than him or his family.

The real question is, "Do you care to care?" It is about personal choice. If the disappointment is too much, do something about it. If the numbness is never ending, do something about it. No one is forced to live within their own self-misery. Feel trapped? Get yourself some therapy. Like I said. Life has options.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I wonder how strong the apathy among Cowboys fans will be present next season.
There just seems to be a malaise among Cowboys fans after another failed season.
I think being burned year after year, for 26 years, by this team of teasing fans and flaming out when it counts the most is at it's peak.
The team could start 10-0 and I think fans will be like, meh, we've seen this movie before. Only until they make it past the Wild Card or win a Divisional Playoff game will fans start to believe in this team.
No, not until the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot is shown the door. This team is going nowhere with the too slow at everything he does SLOTH acting like a field general when in fact he's nothing more than a slug with a star on his helmet.......................

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Does this mean old Jerry will show up in Ca. in coaching shorts and his whistle to encourage the masses? LOL

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I think interest and passion level will be the lowest it's been in maybe 5+ years. Losing in the wildcard round at home is something this team hasn't done in a LONG time. Even under Garrett, we knew he was terrible and suffered through all of those seasons but after 2016 and 2018, there was still optimism and hope in the young players like Dak/Zeke to take the team to the next level. But at this point, a lot of the fans have turned on those players. We all love Micah Parsons but this team has had a history of underachieving with great players so it's hard to think it will be any different with him.

For two months to start the season, we thought this team looked different under McCarthy but we were wrong. It's just the same mess and circus...that's what makes the ending to the season so disappointing

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
There just seems to be a malaise among Cowboys fans after another failed season.
I think being burned year after year, for 26 years, by this team of teasing fans and flaming out when it counts the most is at it's peak.
The team could start 10-0 and I think fans will be like, meh, we've seen this movie before. Only until they make it past the Wild Card or win a Divisional Playoff game will fans start to believe in this team.
I stopped having any hope or expectations for this team several years ago. This season was no different. When they was winning early in the year and some fans were actually trying to compare them to the 1990’s Cowboys teams, I thought they would be one and done at best. They are exactly who I thought they was.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I’ll probably stop watching as soon as Jerry’s granddaughter is named GM.

coult44

Reaction score

The magic of Jerry is that before the first game kicks off, we will all be believers again.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I guess what I don't get is what do you gain should Dallas win a SB? You are not getting a ring, no money. Satisfaction that when they got on a roll you were there? lol This past season was disappointing no doubt to see the talent on the team not go out and play to their ability and to make the mistakes they did, very disappointing but as a grown man I can get over my disappointment. Next season I be right back pulling for this team win or lose
Well, you always want your team to do it's best and have success. Of course I get no direct kickbacks from them winning a Super Bowl, but it sure would be fun to brag about as a fan...wouldn't it? I'll be back too. I've already sank my heart into this team, and as much as I've joked about being done with them, I never will be.

We've all been picking up and reading the same book for 25 years. We know how it ends. Just for once, wouldn't it be nice to get that fairytale ending?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Something about the West Coast... The Bengals played the 49ers twice in the Superbowl (1982 and 1989). Lost to the 49ers both times... Now they play the Rams and lost...
What's your take on the Bills......?