Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well the general consensus is that if he hits the open market, he’s gone. So that’s the point of doing it now. Not saying I’d sign him. Just answering your question
Why wouldn’t he at this point? Unless he thinks the Cowboys would offer him the most I’d just test free agency. No point in either side signing now.

JBS

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t he at this point? Unless he thinks the Cowboys would offer him the most I’d just test free agency. No point in either side signing now.
Well if the cowboys don’t sign him now then they lose their qb.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Jerry has decided to let Dak play out his final contractual year without an extension. But he's been overruled before by the committee of decision-makers.
Or Dak has decided to “play out his final contractual year without an extension”. Some fans can’t accept Dak controls his career. Jerry is merely watching from the owners box while Dak does whatever he feels like doing. Jerry knows the terms Dak has dictated. If he’s not comfortable with them he’ll find another quarterback. Lots of teams do it. The Cowboys can too.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Or Dak has decided to “play out his final contractual year without an extension”. Some fans can’t accept Dak controls his career. Jerry is merely watching from the owners box while Dak does whatever he feels like doing. Jerry knows the terms Dak has dictated. If he’s not comfortable with them he’ll find another quarterback. Lots of teams do it. The Cowboys can too.
Both can be true. Dak controls his career and JJ controls who's on the team and who will be. It's that simple.

If they don't sign him now, he will test free agency which would make it even harder for Jerry to sign him next year. There is no scenario in which this can the plan.

It's either

Let him walk. Then playing out the contract is no problem.

Keep him. Then they need to get the new contract done now.

There is no trade option and there is no "sign him next off season" option. Why would Jerry want to get pulled into a bidding war? If that's Dak's intention then I (as an owner) would give him the finger now.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Both can be true. Dak controls his career and JJ controls who's on the team and who will be. It's that simple.

If they don't sign him now, he will test free agency which would make it even harder for Jerry to sign him next year. There is no scenario in which this can the plan.

It's either

Let him walk. Then playing out the contract is no problem.

Keep him. Then they need to get the new contract done now.

There is no trade option and there is no "sign him next off season" option. Why would Jerry want to get pulled into a bidding war? If that's Dak's intention then I (as an owner) would give him the finger now.
$40 million in dead cap money in 2025 because of Dak.

So add that $40 million to any deal Dak would sign.

Not happening.

mcmvp

Reaction score
They way things currently look, I’d say yes for a CD deal, no for Dak

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry already gave Dak a new contract off 7 TOs in 4 and a half games and a broken leg, only for Dak to continuously suck against good defenses and pad his stats against bums.

Dak has played out 8 of his 9 lives….

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, there are plenty of 1 year contracts, including the HC. It looks more like Dallas is going to determine the direction of the franchise based on this play-it-out year. I can see Lamb getting a new contract just because he’s coming off a rookie contract and has a lot of years ahead of him.

Jipper

Reaction score
Nope, he's going to have to win 10 games in the first 13 to get a deal

shabazz

Reaction score
I haven't looked at who voted "yes" , but the question is "will he have a new contract by kickoff"........ not, " am I a fan of Dak"

What evidence leads to thinking there's a change imminent?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg
I hope not. Let's trade him to the Iggles for a cheese steak sandwich.

Aven8

Reaction score
Not before the season. But if he has a good September expect it. Jerry gets enamored by good months….