Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

starfan1

Reaction score
Don’t care either way although if it ticks off the malcontents in here I’ll smile.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well the general consensus is that if he hits the open market, he’s gone. So that’s the point of doing it now. Not saying I’d sign him. Just answering your question
This is why I voted yes. Not because I want it to happen, but because I believe it will happen. Has Jerry done anything to lead people to believe he'll not take the pragmatic route? That is the exact reason he'll sign him. He won't have a QB if he doesn't. He probably wants Belichick next year, and he can't do that without a QB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is why I voted yes. Not because I want it to happen, but because I believe it will happen. Has Jerry done anything to lead people to believe he'll not take the pragmatic route? That is the exact reason he'll sign him. He won't have a QB if he doesn't. He probably wants Belichick next year, and he can't do that without a QB.
You voted “yes” on the March 13th poll to though.

Flamma

Reaction score
You voted “yes” on the March 13th poll to though.
I will always vote yes for Jerry to bend over. Until he shows a solid backbone, or a willingness to do otherwise, I will continue to do so.

The Cowboys embarrassed him in the last playoff game. Now these guys want record breaking extensions, or close to record breaking contracts. If I'm him, I trade Lamb and let Dak play out the year. I'm spiteful like that. But I don't think Jerry would consider that a good business decision.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I will always vote yes for Jerry to bend over. Until he shows a solid backbone, or a willingness to do otherwise, I will continue to do so.

The Cowboys embarrassed him in the last playoff game. Now these guys want record breaking extensions, or close to record breaking contracts. If I'm him, I trade Lamb and let Dak play out the year. I'm spiteful like that. But I don't think Jerry would consider that a good business decision.
Dak is done in Dallas even if Jerry wants him back.

Dak and France both know they’d be fools to sign now when unrestricted free agency is just a year away.

Not only will the money be more a year from now, but he only needs two dumb owners to start a bidding war for him.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak is done in Dallas even if Jerry wants him back.

Dak and France both know they’d be fools to sign now when unrestricted free agency is just a year away.

Not only will the money be more a year from now, but he only needs two dumb owners to start a bidding war for him.
You're absolutely right. If France is trying to get FA money out of Jerry, Jerry would be a fool to give in to that. Make Dak play for that.

I just think it's foolish if that is their mindset. Why would you turn down 50+ million a year for who know how long, and risk it all for a few more million?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. If France is trying to get FA money out of Jerry, Jerry would be a fool to give in to that. Make Dak play for that.

I just think it's foolish if that is their mindset. Why would you turn down 50+ million a year for who know how long, and risk it all for a few more million?
Greed, my friend.

Dak probably believes that if he just stays relatively healthy he will be the highest paid player ever regardless of his personal stats or the teams success next season.

The sad part is he’s probably right. Because there is a sucker born everyday.

Flamma

Reaction score
Greed, my friend.

Dak probably believes that if he just stays relatively healthy he will be the highest paid player ever regardless of his personal stats or the teams success next season.

The sad part is he’s probably right. Because there is a sucker born everyday.
Russel Wilson was still under contract. Had Denver just waited 1 year before throwing a ton of money at him, they could have avoided looking stupid. How is Jerry going to feel if he pays him now and we lose to the usual suspects. Get blown out by the 49ers, lose to the Chiefs......you get the point.

Some of the greed just goes off the charts for me. What's the point? Mahomes signed a 10 year 450M dollar contract. He probably figured, with that amount of money, who cares?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg
Dak is on your mind 365x7x24x60x60....definition of obsessed....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Russel Wilson was still under contract. Had Denver just waited 1 year before throwing a ton of money at him, they could have avoided looking stupid. How is Jerry going to feel if he pays him now and we lose to the usual suspects. Get blown out by the 49ers, lose to the Chiefs......you get the point.

Some of the greed just goes off the charts for me. What's the point? Mahomes signed a 10 year 450M dollar contract. He probably figured, with that amount of money, who cares?
Mahomes has winner DNA just like Brady.

They’re generationally wealthy so they don’t need every single penny they can get.

Dak has loser DNA. His Super Bowl is contracts.

Flamma

Reaction score
What's weird to me is that I didn't see the choke trait in Dak in 2016. He was solid, even though he wasn't the passer he is today. That goes to show how bad that mental issue can be. Remember that comeback against the Eagles? Two straight TD drives to tie, then win the game. I don't believe I've seen something like that since. We always fall short.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak holds all the cards, and there is zero doubt he is doubling down. I still think Jerry continues to hope that Trey progresses, as in his mind he may have the next QB if Dak walks. Everybody says out there that even if Dak comes down with a serious injury that he will still get his money last year, just as he did with the last one he signed with us. Our season will go as Dad does, and if he goes down Trey will have his chance to sink or swim. I just don't see Rush getting QB 2, rightly or wrongly