Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
$40 million in dead cap money in 2025 because of Dak.

So add that $40 million to any deal Dak would sign.

Not happening.
“$40 million in dead cap money in 2025 because of” Jerry. Every team in the NFL has the same salary cap parameters. Whatever cap dilemma a team has can only be of their own doing. No player handles cap management for their team. If some here want to blame Dak for the Green Bay loss, OK, as quarterback he did have a significant role in the game. He has zero role in cap management so fault for the cap issues must lie elsewhere.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I will always vote yes for Jerry to bend over. Until he shows a solid backbone, or a willingness to do otherwise, I will continue to do so.

The Cowboys embarrassed him in the last playoff game. Now these guys want record breaking extensions, or close to record breaking contracts. If I'm him, I trade Lamb and let Dak play out the year. I'm spiteful like that. But I don't think Jerry would consider that a good business decision.
Agree.

Dak made Jerry MAN-CRY in front of millions.

Then wants a mega millions pay raise.

Haha.

Good luck with that.

Jerry hold a grudge forever.

Ask Jimmy.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
As much as I would like for Jerry to hold his ground and move on... I have zero faith that is what he will do so i voted yes he will get a new deal and it will wreck the Cowboys future for the next 4-6 years

leeblair

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg
I think Jerry is stalling because he thinks the NFL WILL, IN FACT, INSTITUTE A SALARY CAP FOR QUARTERBACKS next season.
For all of the bragging about what the Cowboys have supposedly offered Dak, we don't know what the terms were. It might not have had guarantees and no-cut or no- trade clauses, ensuring Dak wouldn't accept it.
This season could cost Dak hundreds of millions of dollars in future salary if the Cowboys don't do well, as potential suitors might lose interest if he again comes up short versus the tougher teams.
It's entirely possible that Stephen and Jerry know this and are using this as incentive for Dak to want to go farther.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think Jerry is stalling because he thinks the NFL WILL, IN FACT, INSTITUTE A SALARY CAP FOR QUARTERBACKS next season.
For all of the bragging about what the Cowboys have supposedly offered Dak, we don't know what the terms were. It might not have had guarantees and no-cut or no- trade clauses, ensuring Dak wouldn't accept it.
This season could cost Dak hundreds of millions of dollars in future salary if the Cowboys don't do well, as potential suitors might lose interest if he again comes up short versus the tougher teams.
It's entirely possible that Stephen and Jerry know this and are using this as incentive for Dak to want to go farther.
That would require the NFLPA to agree to a change in the CBA. What concession to the players’ union would the owners be willing to grant to compel the players to agree to such a change? They’re not going to say yes to it out of the goodness of their collective hearts. Never going to happen.

Dak will pay no retribution for the playoff loss to the Packers, no matter how badly idiot fans want it to happen. He will be paid tens of millions of dollars to play quarterback in the NFL this season, next season, and seasons after that. The Cowboys lost to the Packers. Dak Prescott comes out a winner. Hard to accept, isn’t it? Every time Dak smiles Cowboys fans think he’s laughing at them. He is.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It could be, but in the end they have lost faith in # 4 and he is going into his last lame-duck season as a Cowboy.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Reports are they are close to a deal but I’ll believe it when I see it. I don’t get the point in doing it now. He’s out there practicing he’s not holding out. Might as well let him play it out.
Both sides of the negotiation doesnt want to be seen as the unreasonable party.
I don’t understand the point in doing it now. Might as well let him play his deal out.
Yep, play it out and so we can all see what Jerry and Dak's motivations are next year......with a clean (ish- $40m Dead Money) slate. It'll be interesting to see whether Dak's primary influence is: the money (inc number of years), or whether he wants to be successful.......I doubt he gets both.