Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Against the worst passing D in the league. Against playoff and teams with good defenses he was mediocre to bad. And that’s the problem. His stats are overrated and inflate his sense of self-worth. It’s what players like him rely on to get an inflated contract. As far as the team is concerned, weak competition builds complacent teams. Tom Brady and the Pats were an outlier since they consistently made noise in the playoffs, but he and the team also played well against good non-divisional opponents. Sometimes I wish the competition in the division would go back to the Aikman — and to somewhat lesser extent — the Romo years.
If ya want to criticize Dak for his failures ya gotta at least give him credit when it’s deserving. He put up those stats against NFL defenses. And if it was so easy we’d have a lot more QB’s putting up huge numbers. He has the skill and athletic ability but chokes in the post season. Not sure that will ever change. But he at least gets us TO the playoff and gowns us a chance. Now is he worth $60 mil? I say no and if that’s his price I move on and take the savings and continue to build both lines of scrimmage and find another QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
It seems as if neither side is interested in the other. Cowboys seem fine without signing him. Dak doesn’t seem bothered by not having a deal beyond this season. It’s probably because he knows he is free to leave next March. Compare that to CeeDee who has no choice than to play for the Cowboys.
You're absolutely right. Barring an epic failure, why would Dak have anything to worry about? He's going to get paid one way or the other.

Maybe CD just didn't want to go to training camp. Who does? But if he's serious, he has to sit out regular season games. Sit out until week 12, lose 12M, and he'll accrue a season. They won't franchise tag him after that because he'll do it again. They'll either pay or trade him. This is why we rarely see teams take a hard stance and force a player to sit out games.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
If I'm Dak I'm betting on myself and leaving next season. The QB market will pay him the biggest contract ever...doesn't matter what Cowboys fans think

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. Barring an epic failure, why would Dak have anything to worry about? He's going to get paid one way or the other.

Maybe CD just didn't want to go to training camp. Who does? But if he's serious, he has to sit out regular season games. Sit out until week 12, lose 12M, and he'll accrue a season. They won't franchise tag him after that because he'll do it again. They'll either pay or trade him. This is why we rarely see teams take a hard stance and force a player to sit out games.
He’ll return at some point with or without a new deal. Whatever his feelings toward the Cowboys over not getting an extension he’ll be bringing them with him when he returns. His effort on the field won’t be affected. Off the field I think he’ll be open with teammates about his and his agent’s struggles negotiating with the team. It’s not ideal.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
If ya want to criticize Dak for his failures ya gotta at least give him credit when it’s deserving. He put up those stats against NFL defenses. And if it was so easy we’d have a lot more QB’s putting up huge numbers. He has the skill and athletic ability but chokes in the post season. Not sure that will ever change. But he at least gets us TO the playoff and gowns us a chance. Now is he worth $60 mil? I say no and if that’s his price I move on and take the savings and continue to build both lines of scrimmage and find another QB.
I never said nor implied playing NFL QB was easy. I was just being realistic. His best season came against quantitatively and qualitatively the worst passing defense total in the league. So he had his MVP runner up season against teams that just weren’t good at stopping the pass. This inflated his numbers and also his play so that when the competition got tougher in the playoffs “he came back down to Earth”. I never “hated” on Dak. I just don’t think he’s worth the money he’s asking for and it’s time to move on.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm reading he wants 70M and to become the highest paid player in NFL history. What a joke. We need to move on and let his new contract destroy another organization.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Can't post in the game thread...what rule was broken. Can someone let me know? Haven't been in here for awhile...

Praxit

Reaction score
....I think Jerry say's. You want to be paid like the best? ..Prove it in 24'.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..with almost worst playoff record. Yep, his agent is delirious.
The thinking is off season bidding war by desperate teams with lots of cap space. That’s what Jerry is up against right now. You almost have to let him walk.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Preseason game 3 is a reminder what it looks like without a decent QB. I certainly support Dak, but if im the Cowboys I let 2024 play out.