Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

Will Dak have a new contract by kick-off?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak threw for 4500 yards and 36 TD’s last year. Regular season Dak isn’t the problem, it’s deer in headlights post season choker Dak that’s the problem.
Against the worst passing D in the league. Against playoff and teams with good defenses he was mediocre to bad. And that’s the problem. His stats are overrated and inflate his sense of self-worth. It’s what players like him rely on to get an inflated contract. As far as the team is concerned, weak competition builds complacent teams. Tom Brady and the Pats were an outlier since they consistently made noise in the playoffs, but he and the team also played well against good non-divisional opponents. Sometimes I wish the competition in the division would go back to the Aikman — and to somewhat lesser extent — the Romo years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They dug that hole with the NTC.
Guys have been traded before with a NTC. Russell Wilson had one. Made it harder of course but at the end of the day with a clause or not you still have to discuss a trade with the player. Aiyuk doesn’t have a no trade clause and when they tried to trade him they couldn’t because he said he doesn’t want to play for the Pats.

Qcard

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg
@PAPPYDOG if I give you the exact Day Prescott is signing the extension do you promise to stay in the Forum :laugh: :laugh:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It could be, but in the end they have lost faith in # 4 and he is going into his last lame-duck season as a Cowboy.
If Prescott is a lame duck. And McCarthy is a lame duck. Does that make the Cowboys a lame duck?

leeblair

Reaction score
It could be, but in the end they have lost faith in # 4 and he is going into his last lame-duck season as a Cowboy.
If Dak once again lays an egg this season it will significantly drive down his price.
I think Jerry is waiting on purpose to see what happens. With the fans losing patience it is only a matter of time before they start openly calling for Lance to play if things start going bad.
And when they do that will hurt Dak's ability to command top dollar next season.

shabazz

Reaction score
If Prescott is a lame duck. And McCarthy is a lame duck. Does that make the Cowboys a lame duck?
Of course it does......Jerry can't come out and say it because he needs to keep selling seats and merchandise but he absolutely clearing salaries, players and coaches for a 2025 reboot......the refusal to sign REAL FAs here should get him a better 2025 draft spot to move up with also

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Guys have been traded before with a NTC. Russell Wilson had one. Made it harder of course but at the end of the day with a clause or not you still have to discuss a trade with the player. Aiyuk doesn’t have a no trade clause and when they tried to trade him they couldn’t because he said he doesn’t want to play for the Pats.
Well Jerry's the ROI master and he loved to hand out the other side at the table even more bullets for their guns. Whatever other teams are doing, hopefully Jerry has learned his lesson and never accepts an NTC again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well Jerry's the ROI master and he loved to hand out the other side at the table even more bullets for their guns. Whatever other teams are doing, hopefully Jerry has learned his lesson and never accepts an NTC again.
He shouldn’t care though it’s not like he traded players anyway lol. And the one time he did it he got a 5th rounder back wish Amari had a no trade
Clause lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dak once again lays an egg this season it will significantly drive down his price.
I think Jerry is waiting on purpose to see what happens. With the fans losing patience it is only a matter of time before they start openly calling for Lance to play if things start going bad.
And when they do that will hurt Dak's ability to command top dollar next season.
I feel strange appearing to defend Dak, since I really couldn't care less if they extend him or not. We're not seeing a SB with him, we can do the same without him. But what is your definition of laying an egg? If he has a repeat of last season, he's probably going to get 60+ million in free agency. This isn't an online video game where everyone is trying to win. Most of the owners just want their team to be good so they can make more money. They don't have to go to the SB to do that.

leeblair

Reaction score
I feel strange appearing to defend Dak, since I really couldn't care less if they extend him or not. We're not seeing a SB with him, we can do the same without him. But what is your definition of laying an egg? If he has a repeat of last season, he's probably going to get 60+ million in free agency. This isn't an online video game where everyone is trying to win. Most of the owners just want their team to be good so they can make more money. They don't have to go to the SB to do that.
If Dak continues to choke every time the Cowboys face a team that doesn't simply lay down for them, other teams will notice.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dak continues to choke every time the Cowboys face a team that doesn't simply lay down for them, other teams will notice.
How does Tua do whenever they face a good team? Pretty much the same. He got paid. If they haven't noticed Dak does that by now, when will they? All these teams care about are stats and playoffs.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wow, I just looked at the stats of this poll. 80% think he's not getting paid. I have to ask one question. For those that voted no, is it wishful thinking, or would you have backed that up with an uncomfortably large sum of money?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
How does Tua do whenever they face a good team? Pretty much the same. He got paid. If they haven't noticed Dak does that by now, when will they? All these teams care about are stats and playoffs.
How old is Tua compared to Dak?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Wow, I just looked at the stats of this poll. 80% think he's not getting paid. I have to ask one question. For those that voted no, is it wishful thinking, or would you have backed that up with an uncomfortably large sum of money?
I voted no because they have 2 other QB's on the roster who can produce the same playoff results. Why pay 1 of them 60 mil a season when the other 2 combined only cost you 10 and the end result is going to be the same?

Praxit

Reaction score
.... alI depends, how trey plays vs chargers. If he stinks it up. Dak gets signed @ this week.

Flamma

Reaction score
I voted no because they have 2 other QB's on the roster who can produce the same playoff results. Why pay 1 of them 60 mil a season when the other 2 combined only cost you 10 and the end result is going to be the same?
I get it. I too think the Cowboys can squeak into the playoffs with Rush, but do you think that's the mindset of the front office? Do you think anyone is buying a Cooper Rush jersey? Would you have put big money on your no vote? I'm not asking you to do that, just asking if you would have.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It seems as if neither side is interested in the other. Cowboys seem fine without signing him. Dak doesn’t seem bothered by not having a deal beyond this season. It’s probably because he knows he is free to leave next March. Compare that to CeeDee who has no choice than to play for the Cowboys.