Video: Will Dak win a Super Bowl? Michael Irvin: "Absolutely"

Flamma

Reaction score
He did not win a playoff game in Detroit but he went to three. I didn't put anyone on a pedestal, simply gave credit for a QB being able to carry his team to victory despite no running game or healthy receivers.

No matter how many times worse, or even garbage QBs have won playoff games and even super bowls, people still think it's all about the QB. Mahomes don't win playoff games in Detroit. He does a pretty good job with a stacked team on a rookie contract though. Yet people still talk as if QBs play in a vacuum. Let's see how good Mahomes does now that his cap hit jumped to 40M. My guess is no more SB appearances.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No matter how many times worse, or even garbage QBs have won playoff games and even super bowls, people still think it's all about the QB. Mahomes don't win playoff games in Detroit. He does a pretty good job with a stacked team on a rookie contract though. Yet people still talk as if QBs play in a vacuum. Let's see how good Mahomes does now that his cap hit jumped to 40M. My guess is no more SB appearances.

You may be right about Mahomes getting another SB appearance. It takes an entire team. But it is undeniable that Mahomes has the individual talent to not only play his position well but play it so well it elevates his entire team to a different level. I'm happy to pay market value for that.

Flamma

Reaction score
You may be right about Mahomes getting another SB appearance. It takes an entire team. But it is undeniable that Mahomes has the individual talent to not only play his position well but play it so well it elevates his entire team to a different level. I'm happy to pay market value for that.

Of that I have no doubt. But make no mistake, he has a really good team around him. As did all the so called greats at QB. None of them were winning super bowls with average teams. Really good quarterbacks turn an already good team into an instant contender for a championship. Something a QB like J. Winston can't do.

Mahomes has a flaw that I noticed, but he makes up for it with his talent. Most of the time. But rarely do you hear anyone talk about it.

Mahomes is starting his 10 year extension next season. Since it's that long, at some point his cap hit will not be so bad as the cap rises from year to year.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Says who? My point is just as valid as yours. Put Dak on a well coached franchise as Stafford was, no doubt in my mind he'd win a Superbowl as well.

Remember, McVay gave Goff a Superbowl appearance too. Why are some fans so blind they can't see it's the coaching. This franchise has gone through at least 10 quarterback's since Aikman & you can't see the flaw in all those idiotic HC's.

Instead it's ALWAYS the quarterback blah blah blah. Hell, Jimmy G is a below average quarterback, yet Shanahan gave him a Superbowl appearance too. I guess Foles ranks as elite being HE won the 1st championship for Philly. Had absolutely nothing to do w/Philly's lights out coaches.

Put Garrett as HC & idiotic play caller Moore on the Rams or 49ers, lets see how far they get! Average quarterback's are winning because of great coaching staff.

You can't convince me otherwise. 12-5 & fans still whine. Sometimes I wish Dallas never won all those championships because the fanbase' expectations wouldn't be so high.

@Ranching

In the meantime....
lmao

raven55

Reaction score
no he will not and i would formally bet that blow hard its not that he's no good he just is at the level of a 4th round draft pick and that's we're he will stay, he just don't have that IT FACTOR besides he dances like a ballerina when he is flushed in the pocket. And worse of all his actuate passing is shetchy at best

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Don't play partisan games. The corollary is a fact as well.

If he doesn't win one, .....er....."people" will say "Jerry this and culture that and ceedee dropped the ball and zeke is fat" and every excuse BUT Dak.
If he does...the same group will say "Dak DID IT!".
No games - facts
What you state is correct as well
But hey you have a nice day
Go argue with someone else

:thumbup: