Will defenses stack 9 on the line now?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've been looking for double team stats for awhile now. Where did you find these?
its true people are just being ignorant if you believe what you though you saw or heard about dez not being doubled..he had many snaps were they shaded a safety over to his side..the biggest issue we had is when dez did finally get 1o1 coverage dak would not recognize it or throw an innacurate ball or dez would drop it lol..it was manic on how bad the timing was but many videos show many open targets that dak simply missed or dez being doubled or dez dropping it..it wasn't on any one guy they all were off last year on offense..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
its true people are just being ignorant if you believe what you though you saw or heard about dez not being doubled..he had many snaps were they shaded a safety over to his side..the biggest issue we had is when dez did finally get 1o1 coverage dak would not recognize it or throw an innacurate ball or dez would drop it lol..it was manic on how bad the timing was but many videos show many open targets that dak simply missed or dez being doubled or dez dropping it..it wasn't on any one guy they all were off last year on offense..

I don't doubt he was double covered, just like I don't doubt Zeke ran against stacked boxes. I want to see how many times he was double covered compared to who else is being double covered around the league. People think that Zeke is facing nothing but stacked boxes because Dak sucks, yet there are plenty of other RBs in the league that face more stacked boxes than Zeke does.

Verdict

Reaction score
FYI Dez was doubled on 31% of his snaps last year IIRC, which was 7th in the league. He was behind Hopkins, Keenan Allen, OBJ, and Brown off the time off my head (according to PFF).

That's not what the eyeball test said, but OK we will go with that. That means that Dez was single covered 69 percent of the time. How often did we see Dez running free? Almost never. That's one of the many reasons why Dez is gone.

Beasley was the guy most frequently doubled on our team last year. So you would think that the stats would show that, which is an indicator of their unreliability.