Will Jerry win a super bowl before he dies?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
No.........the way the organization is currently designed is not conducive to winning consistently enough to achieve that goal.......all, Jerry has to do is look back at what it took to win it before and return to that blueprint, but he refuses to do that..............Jerry thinks he can win a super bowl "his way" but the last two decades has proved different.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Not unless he hires a real GM and stops meddling. And we all know that ain’t happening.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
No, he won't. He's easily one of the WORST GM's to ever exist, but he's had the luxury of job security. His narcissism has prevented him from stepping aside and doing what's best for THE TEAM.

I will openly celebrate is death.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
T Boone Pickens is 89 and still running strong, I can see Jerry having another 20-30 years in him easily, which is great news if you're Garrett.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
That means nothing to me as a fan. I have no stake in how much the Cowboys are worth, how much League revenues have grown under Jerry's ownership, or how many jerseys the Cowboys sell. I don't care about the "America's Team" BS, either.

He's not producing on the field in any capacity. Pointing to dust-covered trophies won with Jimmy's team doesn't impress me anymore.
We've had our disagreements, but I couldn't agree more. I cringe when people brag about those things. Actually, it kind of pisses me off. I wish that moniker never happened.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Say what you want but Jerry is a top five OWNER in all of sports. Not saying gm but owner.

No he isn't. You could more easily argue that he is bottom 5 simply because he has refused to recognize that the structure of the organization has created a culture that is incapable of winning when it counts the most. He has allowed more talent to be squandered than anyone in any sport that I can think of and continues to keep it all in place. He has made ridiculous head coaching decisions and done unthinkable things like announcing they are drafting for backups and special teams players. Top 5 on nothing but the business side, fine, but on the field stuff is also a part of the owners responsibility and he has failed miserably for 25 years to put the pieces in place to get it done and still doesn't see the problems.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am going to say no. Next season will be a waste of time as JG and crew will under coach the roster. Probably 9-10 wins and another early playoff exit. Then the OL and Zeke will start to get older and another round of great players (like Romo, Ware, Witten) will be wasted by this front office and coaching staff. 3 years from now looks like another restart with another sock puppet HC. That gets Jerry to 80. Yes I feel good predicting "No".

rockj7

Reaction score
Does the Pope crap in the woods?

I want to hit like on this post, but do to the current climate of todays society I'm not sure what I can like and not like when it comes to funny post. So I'll just nod as a sign of approval lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why do you think Stephen would do any better than his old man?
After all look who he's learned from.

I’m not necessarily saying Stephen will do better but the times I’ve listen to him in interviews he makes more sense than Jerry. He’s a little more candid about the team than Jerry. The Cowboys have only won three playoff games since their last Super Bowl championship and I’m hoping Stephen has learned from Jerry’s mistakes. If he’s smart and wants to win he’ll go back and look at how Jerry ran the team when he first took over the Cowboys.

He’ll hire a solid coach and allow them to run the football operations like Jerry did with Jimmy. When Jimmy was the HC everyone including his players knew he was in charge. That’s not how it’s been since Jimmy left. Jerry has undermined his coaches since and everyone including the players knows it all starts and ends with him, not the HC.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I’m not necessarily saying Stephen will do better but the times I’ve listen to him in interviews he makes more sense than Jerry. He’s a little more candid about the team than Jerry. The Cowboys have only won three playoff games since their last Super Bowl championship and I’m hoping Stephen has learned from Jerry’s mistakes. If he’s smart and wants to win he’ll go back and look at how Jerry ran the team when he first took over the Cowboys.

He’ll hire a solid coach and allow them to run the football operations like Jerry did with Jimmy. When Jimmy was the HC everyone including his players knew he was in charge. That’s not how it’s been since Jimmy left. Jerry has undermined his coaches since and everyone including the players knows it all starts and ends with him, not the HC.
Unless I’m mistaken we’ve only won two playoff games since our last SB and undoubtedly Stephen has had a big hand in that.
Sorry but I don’t share your confidence.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Unless I’m mistaken we’ve only won two playoff games since our last SB and undoubtedly Stephen has had a big hand in that.
Sorry but I don’t share your confidence.

Don't sell us short. Playoff wins are a huge accomplishment for us now. Hell, even playoff berths are reason to celebrate. We are at 3 Wild Card wins since our last Super Bowl. I know, I know. 1 more win doesn't sound like much but if we say it's 50% more playoff wins than you thought it sounds more impressive. :laugh:

sean10mm

Reaction score
Jerry will not, because he doesn't just want the team to win. He wants to get all the credit for the team winning.

These are not the same thing. This is why his breakup with Jimmy Johnson was inevitable, and why he only took one half-hearted stab at hiring a serious head coach since (Parcells.)

Garrett being a nothing that nobody really respects isn't a bug, it's a feature, as the computer science folks say. Garrett will never steal the spotlight from Jerry, and that is his greatest qualification of all. Jerry will never be able to see things like Kraft, who knows he will get plenty of credit and coast into the Hall of Fame as long as he lets Belichick do what he wants. Getting five rings with Belichick would be a nightmare for Jerry, not a dream.