Will Jerry win a super bowl before he dies?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Jerry has money, and I think we've all seen that rich white guys with money seem to live forever for whatever reason. He's got at least another 10 years left in him.

So, will the Cowboys win a Superbowl in the next 10 years? I am going to say yes. Despite our problems (and boy is there a lot of hate on this forum these days), we have a very young core of good players who should be with us for a very long time.

I believe that we'll be competing for a Superbowl for the next 10 years and probably win at least one during that time.

:flagwave:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Unless he hires a legitimate head coach, then no.

And I am talking about somebody the players respect and fear at the same time, like a Harbaugh or a Saban or a Cowher, etc...

As long as we have puppet coaches like Garrett, then Jerry will never see another SB.

Verdict

Reaction score
Jerry has money, and I think we've all seen that rich white guys with money seem to live forever for whatever reason. He's got at least another 10 years left in him.

So, will the Cowboys win a Superbowl in the next 10 years? I am going to say yes. Despite our problems (and boy is there a lot of hate on this forum these days), we have a very young core of good players who should be with us for a very long time.

I believe that we'll be competing for a Superbowl for the next 10 years and probably win at least one during that time.

:flagwave:

I think you are on to something. Last year the arrow was pointing way up. This year much less so. I'm not sure which one to believe. Probably somewhere in between.

We need another good draft and udfa class to keep the arrow pointing in the right direction. If Dak isn't a franchise QB then the arrow may go sharply down.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Please see my post about Charlotte. Again, I don't know what the dynamics will be between her and Stephen but she'll be the boss.

I’ll look for your post later but I’ll guarantee she won’t be making any of the football decisions. She won’t be as involved as Jerry has been.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao.. I made up, that stephen's son, "pizzaface boy" will be the new face of the cowboys. they have been grooming him for Clearasil commercials. Clearasil will be the new sponsor of the stadium.. "welcome fans to Clearasil Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys"... lmao.

cern

Reaction score
until jerry turns the reins over to someone else (probably Stephen) the cowboys will never again see the big dance. the common denominator to winning teams is great hc and great qb. we certainly lack the former. the latter, not so sure.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I’ll look for your post later but I’ll guarantee she won’t be making any of the football decisions. She won’t be as involved as Jerry has been.

I would agree that she probably will defer to Stephen on football decisions.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes or no and why?

Odds on Jerry housing the Lombardi trophy one more time?

Not a chance. Unless he relinquishes his role at least 10 years prior. And we get a real head coach.

And in a way, I hope not as well.

Sepia

Reaction score
I felt weird hearing him say he prayed to God for that third Super Bowl that he would never ask for another one if he won it.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
I'm going to say that we get to at least one more while he's alive. With Dak and the current core.

As for winning it... I am not sure.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Free agency started tearing those 90s teams apart. Free agency came in after we won the Super Bowl in 92. I believe some of the improvements and encouraging signs we’ve seen with the team the past several years have been a result of Stephens influence. As Jerry gets older Stephen is getting more say.
The overwhelming majority of the players on the 96 SB team arrived before FA took hold and those those that arrived via FA Jerry overpaid for which is why we ended up in cap hell in the late 90’s early 00’s.

Again Stephen has been a big part of the mess and I see no evidence he’ll be good enough to get us to a SB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The overwhelming majority of the players on the 96 SB team arrived before FA took hold and those those that arrived via FA Jerry overpaid for which is why we ended up in cap hell in the late 90’s early 00’s.

Again Stephen has been a big part of the mess and I see no evidence he’ll be good enough to get us to a SB.

It was the 95 Super Bowl team and the salary cap was new and a lot of teams had trouble dealing with it. Jerry and Stephen have had 25 years of experience working with the cap since. I’m not saying Stephen will be good enough to get us to a Super Bowl. I’m hoping he’ll be smart enough to hire someone preferably a solid coach and allow them to run the football operations.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
It was the 95 Super Bowl team and the salary cap was new and a lot of teams had trouble dealing with it. Jerry and Stephen have had 25 years of experience working with the cap since. I’m not saying Stephen will be good enough to get us to a Super Bowl. I’m hoping he’ll be smart enough to hire someone preferably a solid coach and allow them to run the football operations.
I ment we won the SB in 96.
However hope is not a plan and their 25 years of experience haven't produced much of anything has it.
To put it another way if you suddenly owned the Cowboys would you keep either Jerry or Stephen?
You don't have to ask me what my answer would be.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I ment we won the SB in 96.
However hope is not a plan and their 25 years of experience haven't produced much of anything has it.
To put it another way if you suddenly owned the Cowboys would you keep either Jerry or Stephen?
You don't have to ask me what my answer would be.

We haven’t won anything because of the way Jerry runs the team. If he ran the team the way he has the past 24 years when he first bought the Cowboys he would’ve gone bankrupt and had to sell the team. Naturally I would get rid of Jerry and keep Stephen. Not that Stephen would be any better but we’re not going anywhere with Jerry and hopefully Stephen can see that and will do things a lot differently.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
We haven’t won anything because of the way Jerry runs the team. If he ran the team the way he has the past 24 years when he first bought the Cowboys he would’ve gone bankrupt and had to sell the team. Naturally I would get rid of Jerry and keep Stephen. Not that Stephen would be any better but we’re not going anywhere with Jerry and hopefully Stephen can see that and will do things a lot differently.
What I ment was not one or the other but get rid of both and appoint somebody outside the organization?
That's what I would do if I was the owner.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Does the Pope crap in the woods?

The real question is if the Pope drops a deuce in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it still make a sound when it splats on the ground?

Quantum Theory revisited...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say what you want but Jerry is a top five OWNER in all of sports. Not saying gm but owner.

Which just proves the point that who owns the team isn't hugely important to the on field success of the team. You could own the team and probably have as good if not better playoff record than Jerry over the past 20 years. The GM matters. The coach matters. The players matter. The owner can be a dolt like Bob Kraft. Its just unfortunate that our owner has inserted himself into the football operations where he has no talent or expertise.