Will KM stick to this gameplan when Dak comes back?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mentioned that
rush says kil kil kil
he also changes plays, its 2 call check with me system. I doubt anyone's going full sandlot. Hope they do keep the run game prominent and more PA passes and IF a big IF

will this defense, special teams, and coaching do as well as thy have against the rams and eagles as they have agianst the giants etc??..lmao thats the issue , thats the question.

daks had zero issues dropping 3 score losses on teams lie the Giants and Washington.. none of this squeaking out wins.. its the rest of the team...

will the OL limit penalties, pass block well, continue getting holes for RBs against that rams and eagle DL??

you all realize its that these issues in big games against better opponents we were not playing this well as a TEAM. blame dak is the go to narrative..i watch those games TB game 2-3 Wide wide open pass schemes , abandon the run, cant stop Fournette, wrs not open , drop passes i more penalties on the OL and ST got few penalties. i mean we are talking about different scenarios and situations that lead to loses.

Batman1980

Reaction score
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f736d3646564639446f797a7972773d3d2d3231362e3135393236323464323163613763346332393730333838363239382e676966

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Ball control and setting up the pass through the run game? Dak is good, but he shouldn't be throwing the ball 40 times a game....50/50 pass and run along with a stout defense has won many games in this league. Protect your defense and keep them fresh....
I know Dak calls many pass plays from the line, he needs to be held back a bit from doing this. Hopefully, he's learning something from the sideline and hopefully KM and MM have the sack to hold him accountable.
I hope he does.
It might salvage his career.
He needs to play within his strengths.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Not a joke. I’m being serious. You do this every Saturday morning and to me it seems like this is the hours where the nurses let you go loose…
Here you go again. Trying to create that false reality with assumption and innuendo to belittle another member.

Weak, very weak.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The problem with the "run the ball and check ot down" gameplan is that it has little margin for error. It's not a strategy that handles variance well, so it won't be successful over a long stretch of time.

In short, you don't see teams that win more than 2 playoff games in 20 years use that strategy.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It's just as simple a creating down and distance situations that open up the playbook forcing defenses to cover everything. How you get there doesn't matter but if you don't/can't run the ball you're giving the advantage to the defense.

Playing predominantly long-ball will get you beat when it matters most against the better defenses.

Set up to take your shots and take them when appropriate. Just like we saw Monday night.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Ball control and setting up the pass through the run game? Dak is good, but he shouldn't be throwing the ball 40 times a game....50/50 pass and run along with a stout defense has won many games in this league. Protect your defense and keep them fresh....
I know Dak calls many pass plays from the line, he needs to be held back a bit from doing this. Hopefully, he's learning something from the sideline and hopefully KM and MM have the sack to hold him accountable.

I think KM uses the same type game plan for both QBs it's just how each QB interprets what the defense is showing and how they adjust accordingly to what the defense is showing is the difference.....

mardwin

Reaction score
He needs to be reigned in for sure but Jerry might not allow it. His desire to showcase him as elite might overcome everything. Playaction and use Daks legs more will fix a lot.

Nothing elite about, his mobility was an added dimension that is no longer a factor. His accuracy is inconsistent, poor pocket awareness (always flushing out of protection)and limited ability to read defensive. Overpaying for Dak is not going to turn him into Machines, the moment he's asked to carry the team there's always an excuse. His best moments came when Zeke was running wild and his offensive linemen were all pro bowl caliber. Dak may put up better stats than Rush but a lot of those numbers come in garbage time.

Dak is getting elite money, there's no justification for him the same play calling that Rush is getting.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing elite about, his mobility was an added dimension that is no longer a factor. His accuracy is inconsistent, poor pocket awareness (always flushing out of protection)and limited ability to read defensive. Overpaying for Dak is not going to turn him into Machines, the moment he's asked to carry the team there's always an excuse. His best moments came when Zeke was running wild and his offensive linemen were all pro bowl caliber. Dak may put up better stats than Rush but a lot of those numbers come in garbage time.

Dak is getting elite money, there's no justification for him the same play calling that Rush is getting.

I never said he was elite……..Jerry and KM might force him into that situation though :thumbdown:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think ultimately for this team to hit its potential they can’t play conservative. They are gonna have to sit it out but have to do it smart. Definetly need to call some plays that takes advantage of Dak’s legs and allows him to throw on the run.

Rush is getting the ball out fast and either Dak needs to do the same or they need to adjust to his actual skill set.
Rush is actually not getting the ball out fast. On most passes, he has had very good protection with blitz pickups while the receivers have been getting open early and often.