Will McClay destroyed this season

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This years draft was a colossal failure

Shambolic - asinine drafting

Luke schoonmaker is clown - mazzi smith is a pathetic excuse for a run stopper

Jerry relied on him and bypassed free agency .

Add the flops of Tolbert and 5 db ‘s from a year ago and he deserves heat.
Hey now. We will have none of that talk.

Can I steer you toward discussing how we always draft so well?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

I don’t know why fans were celebrating keeping him. He’s so overrated.

raven55

Reaction score
if young players and rookies don't make a difference how then green bay beat us with almost no experience

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Terrible draft so far, yes

My biggest gripe about the draft was that it seemed full of long term projects and we would do nothing in FA to address big needs now.

Now the draft doesn't even appear to have long term potential.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Our draft was laughably bad, but we should’ve been more aggressive in FA.

Playoff caliber opponents have made our defense look awful…especially with coaches from the Shanahan tree. After getting throttled by the Rams and 49ers twice what did we do to get stronger in the middle of our defense?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I will point out that EVERY SINGLE YEAR it's leaked as to who we are TARGETTING.

That needs to stop.

exciter

Reaction score

Ok, Bubba lol!

Croomraider

Reaction score
From what I researched after the 2023 draft is that every team wanted Mazi Smith becuase of his size.
Problem is Mazi Smith tape was one of the most unimpressive tapes I've seen for a first round pick
in some time.

The Schoonmaker pick wasn't McClay, apparently all MM wanted was a TE, they did that for the HC.
Blame MM, he's the main problem.

cnuball21

Reaction score
From what I researched after the 2023 draft is that every team wanted Mazi Smith becuase of his size.
Problem is Mazi Smith tape was one of the most unimpressive tapes I've seen for a first round pick
in some time.

The Schoonmaker pick wasn't McClay, apparently all MM wanted was a TE, they did that for the HC.
Blame MM, he's the main problem.
Problem is Mazi wasn’t a 1st rounder according to basically any draft analyst out there. Same for Schoon as a 2nd rounder.

Reaching for need usually doesn’t work out.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Problem is Mazi wasn’t a 1st rounder according to basically any draft analyst out there. Same for Schoon as a 2nd rounder.

I really hope they go BPA this year, I'll be happy at this point with any position if it's the BPA in both first and second.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I really hope they go BPA this year, I'll be happy at this point with any position if it's the BPA in both first and second.
You could make a case for basically every position…so yea BPA works.

I really really hope we address DT and LBr in FA.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Your bpa was Nolan smith who you hyped up who had as many sacks as mazi. Let's calm down. Because it's easier for an edge to show something than an interior player. Both players ended the year with a 50 pff grade so..........yea

cnuball21

Reaction score
Your bpa was Nolan smith who you hyped up who had as many sacks as mazi. Let's calm down. Because it's easier for an edge to show something than an interior player. Both players ended the year with a 50 pff grade so..........yea
There was a handful of guys I would’ve taken over Mazi. And the Eagles traditionally don’t rush rookies to the field so that comparison is a moot point.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
There was a handful of guys I would’ve taken over Mazi. And the Eagles traditionally don’t rush rookies to the field so that comparison is a moot point.
He had 188 snaps this year. For comparison san Williams had 273. Sam had 4 sacks to nolans 1. You'd like for the point to be moot for your own inflated ego. But nahhhhhh.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Williams also had 273 penalties
Lol that's not the point. Point is people like to pick and choose. Nolan was trash this year and to say he was trash because of lack of opportunities is beyond weak. But I'm used to that in draft zone. Look forward to more of it in the coming months.