CFZ Will McClay is more valuable than any coach here

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I find it humorous that after all the great success we’ve had in both free agency and the draft in recent years, that fans want to point out some guys didn’t step in and play great this year as rookies. McClay could go 50/50 busts in his next 5 drafts and still be ahead of most teams n the NFL. Drafting in every round every year, even with the number 1 pick is a crapshoot. Dallas has been among the absolute best under McClay despite drafting in the 20’s most seasons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There are posters here that don't realize that McClay does everything that a gm does.
Look I've been saying that for five years now or more that people need to calm down about needing a GM that Jerry needs to give up his GM duties he already has,

Jerry is the GM in public he has the title he likes to talk he's the mouthpiece for this team he has every right to do so by the way, that is just his team, if he wants to have a few things during the week to say to the media or after the game he's allowed to do so that's what happens when you own a $10 billion team especially you have it winning at least consistently the last three years he can do whatever he wants....

we all know will mcclay is the GM, there's a GM by committee with all the duties up there there's other guys involved like Steven Jones it's a collaborative effort but trust me Will McClay is paid like a really good GM would be paid in this league, I guarantee he's on par with the top ten GM pay.

I mean I don't know how to find that out and I really don't care but yes we've known that for a while, but people around here think that Jerry's holding the team back because he won't let go of the GM title who cares about the title we all know who's doing the work behind the scenes,

blueblood70

Reaction score
expectations /thoughts moving forward on mazi?
Yeah that's easy you let the coaches worry about it they're developing him and as long as he's progressing in their eyes he's gonna be fine anybody calling this guy a bust is insane and by the way if this is somehow a knock on will mcclay look all teams make mistakes in the draft it's not perfect but we have some of the best drafts over the last decade we're in the top three drafting team I mean it could go back further than that but let's just stay there...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look, I don’t want to lose Dan Quinn, but he’s likely gone if he wants a HC job. Which is exactly what reliable Cowboys insiders like David Moore and Bob Sturm have reported this week. It’s not about the money for him now- it’s about being a HC again.

But losing assistant coaches is a normal occurrence when your team is winning. Over the great history of this franchise, we have lost some great assistants to head coaching jobs. Dan Reeves, Mike Ditka, Gene Stallings, Dave Wannstedt, Butch Davis, Sean Payton, just to name a few. It’s a normal occurrence when your team is winning. I expect no amount of Jerry money can keep Dan Quinn if he has the head coaching bug again.

Will McClay is the guy we can least afford to lose. The quality of drafts and player personnel improvements over the last decade is a straight line to McClay. The much improved talent level of this organization is due To McClay’s ability to scout and identify talent.

Put it this way - Without Will McClay, this organization is back to fantasy football drafts with Jerry and Giggles. Remember the “special teams draft“ of 2009? Remember the WR trades for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams?

If that gives you a sick feeling like me, we all need to pray Jerry either decides to name WIll McClay the new GM of the Cowboys or that McClay continues to want to be the man in the shadows while Jerry and Giggles get the “credit”.
Here's the thing I read a report it said he is appreciative of the attention he's getting in the request but he's staying with the Dallas Cowboys he's basically said he's not leaving I mean I know things can change but right now will mcclay is staying and I'm sure Jerry is paying him like a top GM....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Look, I don’t want to lose Dan Quinn, but he’s likely gone if he wants a HC job. Which is exactly what reliable Cowboys insiders like David Moore and Bob Sturm have reported this week. It’s not about the money for him now- it’s about being a HC again.

But losing assistant coaches is a normal occurrence when your team is winning. Over the great history of this franchise, we have lost some great assistants to head coaching jobs. Dan Reeves, Mike Ditka, Gene Stallings, Dave Wannstedt, Butch Davis, Sean Payton, just to name a few. It’s a normal occurrence when your team is winning. I expect no amount of Jerry money can keep Dan Quinn if he has the head coaching bug again.

Will McClay is the guy we can least afford to lose. The quality of drafts and player personnel improvements over the last decade is a straight line to McClay. The much improved talent level of this organization is due To McClay’s ability to scout and identify talent.

Put it this way - Without Will McClay, this organization is back to fantasy football drafts with Jerry and Giggles. Remember the “special teams draft“ of 2009? Remember the WR trades for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams?

If that gives you a sick feeling like me, we all need to pray Jerry either decides to name WIll McClay the new GM of the Cowboys or that McClay continues to want to be the man in the shadows while Jerry and Giggles get the “credit”.
I hope Quinn goes.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Will McClay staying put; 'Committed to being here'​

FRISCO, Texas — It's the first week of the playoffs. There is no time to waste.

And that's one reason why Will McClay has shut down any speculation that he might be leaving the Cowboys. The team's VP of player personnel has informed the Cowboys he will not be any interviewing for any other general manager positions around the league.

"I talked to a couple of people, but I didn't want to waste anybody's time," McClay said on Monday. "I am committed to being here. The commitment I made to my son and the organization. I'm going to roll with it. I have another year left on my contract."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/will-mcclay-staying-put-committed-to-being-here