Will Romo's commentating get him into the HOF?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would have to be for contributions and his playing career would not be taken into consideration for a better chance. He probably needs 20-30 years of broadcasting with some accolades/awards.

Now, he could become a HC someday, win a couple titles, then his playing days will be a part of that as well.

Nexx

Reaction score
bunch of haters. Romo is better than a lot QB's in the hall now and that will go in the future like Eli. Sucks that he had to carry the franchise while the Jones's figured out how to build a team and Garrett figured out how to coach.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s not a hall of famer, period.

Doesn’t have the stats, accolades, and or record.

People say he never had a defense but when guys like Patrick Mahomes can carry the 31st ranked defense to an AFC championship game it diminishes his excuses for winning.
What's that say about Dak, with the D he had this year?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo will never be a HOF'er unless he gets there as a Coach, GM or Owner at this point. His playing career fell decently short of HOF consideration and commentating doesn't get you there. Nothing wrong with it.

The HOF is reserved for the very best. It's the "Hall of Fame" not the "Hall of pretty dang good!"

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no broadcasting wing of the Football Hall of Fame, so he can't get in that way.

They do have the Pete Rozelle Radio-Television Award, given annually "for longtime exceptional contributions to radio and television in professional football". He could win that eventually.

I guess I was thinking of baseball having a broadcasting wing, but I don’t think the question was about whether Romo could get in as a broadcaster anyway. I think it was whether it could help him get in at all - if between the playing and broadcasting that would be enough. The answer to that is technically the broadcasting isn’t supposed to help, but in truth the broadcasting could help the way he is perceived by voters. I still don’t think it would be enough though. Ultimately the lack of playoff success will keep him out.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
It says Dak is still too inexperienced. No shame in that he’s 25. Romo was on the bench at that point.

Next year with a new playbook we’ll see if Dak can live up to the hall of fame potential Aikman and Jerry Jones thinks he has.
Aikman seems to attack him constantly.

Qcard

Reaction score
With Romo now showing the league just how great of a mind he has for the game, and everyone knew he never was the most physically talented guy... Do you think it pushes him over the edge for a HOF nod?

Can they take it into consideration (I genuinely don't know)?
Uh.. this post is like 15 years too early

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score

People say he never had a defense but when guys like Patrick Mahomes can carry the 31st ranked defense to an AFC championship game it diminishes his excuses for winning.
Andy Reid vs Jason Garrett/Wade Phillips. That is all.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
With Romo now showing the league just how great of a mind he has for the game, and everyone knew he never was the most physically talented guy... Do you think it pushes him over the edge for a HOF nod?

Can they take it into consideration (I genuinely don't know)?
That is right lad, you do not know.
Romo was 11 years of futility. Like Phillip Rivers. Do we adorn also-rans like Romo?
He missed by an inch.
That is it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

:hammer:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If Tony was the qb of a team like Atlanta or the jets he definitely would get talked about for HOF consideration.

Cowboy quarterbacks won’t get in unless they got a Lombardi or three. The precedent has been set

Also doesn’t help that his teams Mensa level group think fanbase hated him for most of his career.