Will Smith just clocked Chris Rock on live TV

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Was the slap premeditated? Maybe some fuel for the "staged" crowd.

Will Smith Predicted 'Chaos' At Oscars In Pre-Show TikTok Video

In a TikTok video posted just hours before the infamous incident, Will and Jada show off what they're wearing to the Academy Awards. As the couple smiles for the camera, a voiceover says, "Good morning everyone. God let me live another day, and I am about to make it everyone's problem," then, the beat drops and a series of shots of the pair looking very angry are shown. The post is captioned, "Me 'n @jadapinkettsmith got all dressed up to choose chaos."

https://www.iheart.com/content/2022...ted-chaos-at-oscars-in-pre-show-tiktok-video/

Hoofbite

Reaction score

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If I were in his shoes... okay, maybe I'd start with just telling him to shut the **** up, and if he continued to talk smack about my wife, then I'd lay into him. But I wouldn't be mad at someone who defended his wife that way in a more private setting.

It's a bit different when Jada has put herself front and center before with the Oscars, an well, attends a show that has been roasting celebrities for a few years now. Also....Rock is a comedian with a stage persona.

All around, public or private, it would be stupid.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

nobody

Reaction score
Yep, this is all part of the plan.

FMcg6W0acAIkwkW

rags

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Will Smith has a net worth of $350M. I think he'll be all right.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
People are going to start coming out and talking about their experiences working with Smith. There are already some speaking out, like Paul Rodrigeuz who working on set with him in Ali. He alleges Smith was somewhat abusive.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some of you guys are just so shortsighted. There are like 100 levels to this staged event. You'll see in time. This is only phase 1 - the part where Smith loses his credibility, money and his dignity. But just you watch, you are gonna be amazed by the depth and scope of this scam.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of you guys are just so shortsighted. There are like 100 levels to this staged event. You'll see in time. This is only phase 1 - the part where Smith loses his credibility, money and his dignity. But just you watch, you are gonna be amazed by the depth and scope of this scam.
If Smith had slapped you, would that have loosened the foil hat you were wearing?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be patient. The entire scene was pre-recorded. The control booth was instructed to not run it but they did it anyway. There are unconfirmed reports August Alsina was loitering near the control booth before the tape ran...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I thought it was staged at first for the following reasons.

How could something that ridiculous not be? (I know... my bad for underestimating the ridiculousness that Hollyweird can generate)

The posture Rock took as Smith approached. He even had is head tilted in the right direction to facilitate a Hollywood slap.

The incredibly composed reaction from Rock with both the affects of the slap itself and the aftermath.

The posture, and expression on Smith's face as he strode purposefully back to his seat wasn't the look of a man who just decided to impact the night, and his career in such a negative way.

The lack of any response to an assault witnessed by the 'world'.

I did wonder about a motive and the only thing I could come up with was that maybe Rock was doing Smith a solid by giving him an opportunity to be THE MAN in front of the world as a way to counter the label he had gotten from many with regards to his marital situation. I never thought it was an organizational conspiracy that came down from the top.

I will say this though. The only reason I know the Oscars were even on that night was because of this incident, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. There is a scenario where this is win, win, win for Smith, Rock and the Academy.

I wonder if something like this will happen at the Grammys this year?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I thought it was staged at first for the following reasons.

How could something that ridiculous not be? (I know... my bad for underestimating the ridiculousness that Hollyweird can generate)

The posture Rock took as Smith approached. He even had is head tilted in the right direction to facilitate a Hollywood slap.

The incredibly composed reaction from Rock with both the affects of the slap itself and the aftermath.

The posture, and expression on Smith's face as he strode purposefully back to his seat wasn't the look of a man who just decided to impact the night, and his career in such a negative way.

The lack of any response to an assault witnessed by the 'world'.

I did wonder about a motive and the only thing I could come up with was that maybe Rock was doing Smith a solid by giving him an opportunity to be THE MAN in front of the world as a way to counter the label he had gotten from many with regards to his marital situation. I never thought it was an organizational conspiracy that came down from the top.

I will say this though. The only reason I know the Oscars were even on that night was because of this incident, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. There is a scenario where this is win, win, win for Smith, Rock and the Academy.

I wonder if something like this will happen at the Grammys this year?

That incredible composure from Rock is because he is one of the best stand-up comedians ever. He took it like a champ, and I don’t know how, but managed to go through the aftermath without losing it. You could tell though that Rock thought Will Smith was having fun going onstage, up until those final seconds when he knew it was going to be something. I was impressed with some of the celebrity interviews who told reporters that Rock apologized to them personally for the incident taking away from their hosting or awards moments. A week later, still think Will Smith is a jackarse and Rock is taking it all in with dignity. Not letting it turn into some dumb celebrity feud, much like the reality TV actors or pop musicians do these days.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Nope. The Grammys aired two days ago. They cracked up about the slap during ceremony. Google Levar Burton and Trevor Noah for a few examples.
It was a joke.

I bet every Sasquatch in the country knows the Grammys were last weekend, in today's world.