Will Stephen hire a GM one day? Don't bet on it

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If he said it ,can someone please post a link? I've never actually heard him myself. If he did say it then he's obviously changed his mind because nothing he has done the last few years sounds like somebody that wants to give up power.
I guess nobody can provide a link.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well this isn’t that true. We are really no further than some of the other playoff teams we have had in the last 15 years.

And we aren’t close to those SB teams.

If you want to give them credit for drafting some good players, great. But the issue goes beyond picking in the draft. They typically fail in FA. The overall coaching structure where Jerry (and Stephen I guess) pick the assistants leaving the HC largely powerless is absurd.

This franchise is not winning a SB unless there are cultural and structural changes made. And that likely won’t happen if the Jones boys continue to delude themselves into thinking they really know what they are doing.

I mean who else has the owner assembling the HC’s coaching staff?
Well, we all damn well know Kraft and the Pats don't!! So that's 1.......( and I am sure there are a few more)

silvrNblue

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/stephen-jones-on-kellen-moore-new-staff-questions

13:30 into the video, Stephey, the world's worst Director of Player Personnel and cap man, talks about how disappointed he is that it's been so long since the Cowboys won anything. Then he goes on to mention how people say he and his daddy have their fingers in places they shouldn't be in but that's why they got into the business and it isn't ever changing. They like their "relationships" with the scouts and coaches.

Watch the video and ask yourself if this sounds like a guy who is interested in handing football operations off to another when he takes over.

That will be yet another cosmetic change, Jerry to Stephen, that does nothing to improve the team.

He is his father's son.

(Cowboys!)
Not dissin you ole boy, but one would have to be an absolute moron NOT to already know this...