Will the Cowboys move on from Kellen Moore?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being the Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
Kellen Moore will be the scapegoat for sure.

If it's a question of Kellen or Dak. It's going to be Kellen every time right or wrong.

I still don't think we move on though.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?

First of all the man's name is Kellen not Kellan.. Secondly.. if the offense falls on its face in the playoffs they should all be held accountable.. Moore, McCarthy, Dak.. all of them. I still believe the main culprit in the slow starts is how Moore approaches the early game play calling. He acts as if game day is his first time seeing a team. So many of the early plays are clearly designed to "see how the defense is playing us." When it needs to be what we used to call "making lemonade." What that means is that when we went into a game knowing a DB couldn't cover a receiver or a linebacker had a tendency to over pursue or a DE was bad at setting the edge we ran plays to attack that matchup. Teams should NEVER be allowed to start a game one on one against Amari Cooper and not give up one or two quick completions on the first series. And keep throwing it to him until they adjust. Then when they do put Lamb in the slot and let him work.. Or Jarwin now that he's back. Teams are playing 5 down linemen early in games so they can stop the run and force you to be one dimensional. You can either bow down to that and throw it eery down or you can go two or three tight ends, fire off the ball and go power against it. But a delay handoff up the middle when your center is usually the weakest guy on either front and your tight ends can't block backside pursuit, not a good idea. Point being.. they spend 80 hours during the week studying a team.. then show up on Sunday and spend the entire first quarter "figuring things out." That has to stop.. and that's on Kellen Moore.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They should. Reason: the buck and accountability stops here. He took the job and money, he owes it to the fans...not for the convenience of what should result in leadership.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No…

The Cowboys wanted this. They wanted to keep the same offense they had because they believe in familiarity or whatever. They like it. They even forced it on McCarthy and made him act like it’s all his idea so they didn’t receive criticism like they did with Garrett and Wade.

Also, even if the base offense is simple.. He’s still calling some phenomenal plays in clutch situations that everyone is ignoring.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
My question for discussion, being the Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
It seems like his time here has started to run its course but it's tough to get a read on him. If the offense fails in the playoffs and we don't see any adjustments that would have to fall under the offensive minded HC's jurisdiction, no? That said, any coordinator worth the title should be able to use this talent and draw up a scheme at the very least, threatens opposing defenses.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No…

The Cowboys wanted this. They wanted to keep the same offense they had because they believe in familiarity or whatever. They like it.

Also, even if the base offense is simple.. He’s still calling some phenomenal plays in clutch situations that everyone is ignoring.

He's also calling 10-15 running plays asking Dalton Schultz to block DEs.. which NOBODY is ignoring.. especially not the backs who are having to fight just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

JMech

Reaction score
you support the players and coaches on the team, you don't question them. like I support dak and the team.

I have issues with some of the players playing up to their capabilities, but it would appear more and more than Moore is not capable of dealing with changing his approach to take advantage of defenses. He is looking more and more like Jason Garrett.

CCBoy

Reaction score
First of all the man's name is Kellen not Kellan.. Secondly.. if the offense falls on its face in the playoffs they should all be held accountable.. Moore, McCarthy, Dak.. all of them. I still believe the main culprit in the slow starts is how Moore approaches the early game play calling. He acts as if game day is his first time seeing a team. So many of the early plays are clearly designed to "see how the defense is playing us." When it needs to be what we used to call "making lemonade." What that means is that when we went into a game knowing a DB couldn't cover a receiver or a linebacker had a tendency to over pursue or a DE was bad at setting the edge we ran plays to attack that matchup. Teams should NEVER be allowed to start a game one on one against Amari Cooper and not give up one or two quick completions on the first series. And keep throwing it to him until they adjust. Then when they do put Lamb in the slot and let him work.. Or Jarwin now that he's back. Teams are playing 5 down linemen early in games so they can stop the run and force you to be one dimensional. You can either bow down to that and throw it eery down or you can go two or three tight ends, fire off the ball and go power against it. But a delay handoff up the middle when your center is usually the weakest guy on either front and your tight ends can't block backside pursuit, not a good idea. Point being.. they spend 80 hours during the week studying a team.. then show up on Sunday and spend the entire first quarter "figuring things out." That has to stop.. and that's on Kellen Moore.

Mr. Moore leads his game calls to his own position and view. That doesn't seem to beat a strong team. The team doesn't start out focused and with a combined team effort. Early and frequent penalties reflect poor leadership and little accountability for discipline errors.

Myself, I don't bother with spellchecks...