Will the Cowboys move on from Kellen Moore?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
He had attention last year. I don’t understand how they caught up. His first 7 games were nice. Then every other game. Unless he is sandbagging for the playoffs. No toss or pitch plays and won’t run off tackle. Up the gut and pass. I don’t think it’s he has been exposed.. I think or hope we see a more wide open playbook in the playoffs..

Blake

Reaction score
Moore is the OC who has a great script of 10-15 creative plays he's been working on all week. But doesn't seem to have an idea of how to adjust when opposing defensive coordinators take away his bread-and-butter.

Broaddus said a couple weeks ago that KM has a collection of plays, but isn't a "nuts and bolts' guy like better coaches. "Nuts and bolt" coaches have a more nuanced understanding of the game and can adjust on the fly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's also calling 10-15 running plays asking Dalton Schultz to block DEs.. which NOBODY is ignoring.. especially not the backs who are having to fight just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

What’s he supposed to do? Put Sprinkle in the game and let everyone know it’s a run?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
Good question.

I think our performance in the playoffs may determine McCarthys future here more than Moore .

But most likely a playoff appearance and division title however it ends in playoffs is an easy Damage Control situation for the best snake oil salesman in sports.

I think Moore could still be sought after as a HC. Quinn is definitely gone so Jethro will want to continue to keep both probably in Moore and MM.

This seasons success will be something for him to build on. An easy sell. Just watch. Jethro is the best;)

CCBoy

Reaction score
He had attention last year. I don’t understand how they caught up. His first 7 games were nice. Then every other game. Unless he is sandbagging for the playoffs. No toss or pitch plays and won’t run off tackle. Up the gut and pass. I don’t think it’s he has been exposed.. I think or hope we see a more wide open playbook in the playoffs..
In professional sports one doesn't sandbag.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have issues with some of the players playing up to their capabilities, but it would appear more and more than Moore is not capable of dealing with changing his approach to take advantage of defenses. He is looking more and more like Jason Garrett.

Players typically play better when they believe in what they're doing.. You have to wonder exactly how excited Zeke and Pollard get when the "delay handoff through the A gap" call comes in.. Or the receivers when they are all told to run 10 yard curls against a 7 man zone on 3rd and 15. I wonder if some of the players are not starting to sour on the play calling. I mean Pollard don't need to be running up the middle.. and having Coop and Lamb run these stop routes well short of the first down can't be popular.. Just as it was with Garrett it was never about his intelligence.. it was about his feel for play calling.. The inability to create and exploit matchups was always his downfall.. and Moore is trending in that direction as well. And that bothers me.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I stopped reading after your first sentence, I have zero respect for crap like that....people that think they are better than others because they can point out a misspelled word and feel so good about it, aren't worth my time!
If the board needs a teacher's aide, one will be hired...:)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It seems like his time here has started to run its course but it's tough to get a read on him. If the offense fails in the playoffs and we don't see any adjustments that would have to fall under the offensive minded HC's jurisdiction, no? That said, any coordinator worth the title should be able to use this talent and draw up a scheme at the very least, threatens opposing defenses.

The real problem is we’re a running team that can’t run the ball and when we get behind in a game we get pass happy and we don’t have the QB to get pass happy with.

Everything trickles down from our run game.

Which is why I keep saying Pollard is our best chance but the Cowboys would rather lose with Zeke and his 50 total yards.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I think there will be a new OC in Dallas next season, whether KM takes another job or whatever, and I'm okay with it. It seems to have gotten stale.

McCarthy and Dak are going nowhere, whether some fans like that or not. Jerry isn't firing MM after two years and Dak has a contract.

dcstar

Reaction score
No!

If he leaves...it'll be because he takes a head coach position.

Go Cowboys!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What’s he supposed to do? Put Sprinkle in the game and let everyone know it’s a run?

Well I can't recall seeing Sprinkle drop the ball when it was thrown to him.. have you? But I've certainly seen Schultz drop it a half dozen times.. Hopefully getting Jarwin back will at least give us back the deep seam stuff. Schultz just aint quick enough to threaten the defense down the middle so it's really pinched our middle passing game because we won't run if they show blitz and bail.. which Dak absolutely has to get better at seeing when they're doing that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The real problem is we’re a running team that can’t run the ball and when we get behind in a game we get pass happy and we don’t have the QB to get pass happy with.

Everything trickles down from our run game.

Which is why I keep saying Pollard is our best chance but the Cowboys would rather lose with Zeke and his 50 total yards.
Bro. Pollard is hurt and trying to rest him for the playoffs. Him and Elliot will be close to ready as they can.