Will the Cowboys move on from Kellen Moore?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I guess some didn't believe romo when he said Garrett wasn't an x and o coach. oh well. I didn't play with romo or for Garrett so I don't know but one guy did.
I always liked Romo, and IMO he was 100% right about Garrett. Romo and Rodgers are 2 totally different types of people. I respect Romo, he's a good guy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I was always a Romo fan, and IMO he was 100% right about Garrett. Romo and Rodgers are 2 totally different types of people. I respect Romo, he's a good guy.
Me too...I always respected his stances.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
A good OC adjusts in times like these. QB is playing off? OL is getting weaker? WRs having issues? You adjust and create new wrinkles to make opposing coaches have to think and react. Moore is not a good OC. He learned under Garrett, which is to never adjust. You have one single gameplan and that's it. The opponent figures it out? Oh well. You go down with that sinking ship. The league figured out his offense after 8 games and he has no idea what to do now. He' doesn't realize every single run does not have to be up iso up the gut. Where is the pre snap motion? Bootlegs out the pocket? Outside stretch runs? Same old boring, predictable offense as usual here as of late.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
quit hating on Moore, he's doing the best he can with what he's working with.

hating fans
Unfortunately, he dealing with a QB that signed a large contract and he's stuck with him. Personally, I believe Rush should get a shot at leading this team, he knows the play book and make no mistake about it HE'S SMARTER THAN DAK. With Rush you're getting a guy who isn't afraid to throw the 50-50 balls or let it fly a few things during the game. With Dak all you're getting is a steady diet of 3 and outs and how that been working for ya?????? When the league caught up with Dak he's showed that he doesn't have the stones to get to the next level. Whereas Rush has shown that he's not afraid to compete if he's given the chance, give the kid a shot because we know what we're getting with ole' rich Dakie...................

Hadenough

Reaction score
A good OC adjusts in times like these
I agree but I also think this offensive line is on a middle school level of blocking and that's on the coaching. They don't seem to adjust. Moore just brings in a TE and RB to help block. On top of that these guys are falling to the ground untouched.

Brax

Reaction score
I was a HC for a long time and the game planning and calling was on my shoulders....I allowed my OC to call his game after his 2nd year under me, but I always had final say. That's what I mean, MM is an offensive mind and I feel that like all HC's....He needs to step in when needed.....it think it's needed right now.
Did you ever consider that MM has stepped in already? Remember MM has always been a passing first coach running was an afterthought. Maybe he needs to let KM get back to his philosophy. No one knows what is going on, but the offense is very similar to MM days in Green Bay.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
the question is not if cowboys will move on from Moore. the question is will Moore move on from Cowboys...he has seen the dysfunction up close and been in the middle of it......

Brax

Reaction score
I wonder if the fact that KM was Daks teammate and been learning on the fly has any bearing on Daks respect for him? I hadn't thought of that before now, but when a player sees the OC as an equal or even lesser, it could be an issue....hmmmm
..just thinking out loud, not making accusations
If that's Dak's mind set it's on him, many OC and even offensive HC 's were not NFL starting QB's or starting NFL anything's. Other young coaches don't have this problem in the league should be a non-issue in Dallas.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don’t know if all will be back but none will be fired
No owner is firing the OC with the number 1 offense
No owner is firing the head coach two years in unless there is a major reason because he has a guaranteed contract
And no owner is firing a DC who’s improved a defense this much
One may get hired away but none will or should be fired

I tend to agree but I also know from Jerry, Stephen and especially MM's perspective, this team is operating on a 2-3 year Super Bowl window. This is when they will have to extend Dak's deal or let him walk and keep or fire MM. Trust me, with Dak making $40m, a Super Bowl appearance min is the floor. Remember why Jerry and Stephen chose MM.......they wanted a coach with extensive postseason experience.

IF this offense doesn't find its groove and go one and done in the playoff Kellen may or may not be fired IMO but I'm 100% sure MM will take more control in 2022. His butts on the online........nuff said