Will the Cowboys move on from Kellen Moore?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
Jerry paid Moore big $ to keep him in Dallas. Therefore Moore's the 2nd coming of Garrett. Unfortunately, he's not going anywhere buttercup.
First of all the man's name is Kellen not Kellan..
Grammar Cop alert! "First of all" it's easy making typos on cell phones tiny keyboards. "Secondly", your lengthy posts have no paragraphs making them very difficult to read.

It's an offset lol -------->
runs

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry paid Moore big $ to keep him in Dallas. Therefore Moore's the 2nd coming of Garrett. Unfortunately, he's not going anywhere buttercup.
Grammar Cop alert! "First of all" it's easy making typos on cell phones tiny keyboards. "Secondly", your lengthy posts have no paragraphs making them very difficult to read. It's an offset lol -------> runs
Nerds piss me off.....

JBond

Reaction score
Moore is the OC who has a great script of 10-15 creative plays he's been working on all week. But doesn't seem to have an idea of how to adjust when opposing defensive coordinators take away his bread-and-butter.
When your QB is throwing with confidence it is easier to adjust the plan. We did it consistently the first 6 games.

ondaedg

Reaction score
First of all the man's name is Kellen not Kellan.. Secondly.. if the offense falls on its face in the playoffs they should all be held accountable.. Moore, McCarthy, Dak.. all of them. I still believe the main culprit in the slow starts is how Moore approaches the early game play calling. He acts as if game day is his first time seeing a team. So many of the early plays are clearly designed to "see how the defense is playing us." When it needs to be what we used to call "making lemonade." What that means is that when we went into a game knowing a DB couldn't cover a receiver or a linebacker had a tendency to over pursue or a DE was bad at setting the edge we ran plays to attack that matchup. Teams should NEVER be allowed to start a game one on one against Amari Cooper and not give up one or two quick completions on the first series. And keep throwing it to him until they adjust. Then when they do put Lamb in the slot and let him work.. Or Jarwin now that he's back. Teams are playing 5 down linemen early in games so they can stop the run and force you to be one dimensional. You can either bow down to that and throw it eery down or you can go two or three tight ends, fire off the ball and go power against it. But a delay handoff up the middle when your center is usually the weakest guy on either front and your tight ends can't block backside pursuit, not a good idea. Point being.. they spend 80 hours during the week studying a team.. then show up on Sunday and spend the entire first quarter "figuring things out." That has to stop.. and that's on Kellen Moore.

That used to be how Garrett would operate. He would wait to see what “the defense is giving them”.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
There was a time early that KM seemed like the guy Dallas needs to keep. Now in my opinion, don't really care if he leaves. I doubt Jerry will let him go, but i could not care less. He can be replaced. At this point, DQ may be more important.

conner01

Reaction score
Not reporting drug use in that entire era...just keep on believing that, and invest in the Brooklyn Bridge and New Jersey coastal property.
That was why they fired him
Lots of players used drugs, lots of coaches over looked as they would today. Few coaches would ever admit that they didn’t report known drug use and it was enough to void his contract
Jerry has no reason that would hold up to void MM contract. It’s gonna be interesting to see if it works for the raiders with Gruden
Conduct detrimental to the team might not work since they were private emails and never intended to be public. Might be hard to say his conduct was detrimental to the NFL when the NFL was the ones who leaked them lol

ArtClink

Reaction score
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
I’ve said from the beginning, Moore had zero experience as QB coach but he was chosen over proven QB coaches by Jerry. Then he gets promoted to off coordinator, another job he had zero experience in. In both cases Jerry has handicapped the players by hiring former players he likes and is comfortable with.

Real football GMs (Jimmy was our last great one since he had final say in ALL football matters per his contract), hire the best available coaches and they also let the hc hire his own staff. It’s just reason #527 why this team is in the worst 25 year stretch in its history.

I hope we defy the odds and actually play in the nfc championship game (remember those?) cause it has seemed like we just keep getting our hopes up in regular season only to be crushed in the playoffs (when we actually mk the playoffs).

CCBoy

Reaction score
That was why they fired him
Lots of players used drugs, lots of coaches over looked as they would today. Few coaches would ever admit that they didn’t report known drug use and it was enough to void his contract
Jerry has no reason that would hold up to void MM contract. It’s gonna be interesting to see if it works for the raiders with Gruden
Conduct detrimental to the team might not work since they were private emails and never intended to be public. Might be hard to say his conduct was detrimental to the NFL when the NFL was the ones who leaked them lol
That's a rewrite of history in Houston. Bum and also Earl Campbell were both told to pack their bags...you are also including Earl with a charge of drugs or even incompetance after carrying much of team? No. Bum didn't win the Lombardi and became Houston's sacrificial lamb!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Kellen Moore will be the scapegoat for sure.

If it's a question of Kellen or Dak. It's going to be Kellen every time right or wrong.

I still don't think we move on though.

If we lose KMoore, we get Philbin and big Mike next season.

Ask ARodgers about that .

Xeven

Reaction score
He doesn’t adjust cause he learned from Garret. Hope MM schools him up.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Grammar Cop alert! "First of all" it's easy making typos on cell phones tiny keyboards. "Secondly", your lengthy posts have no paragraphs making them very difficult to read.

It's an offset lol -------->
runs

Mis-spelling a person's name is not really grammar.. For some it's just being lazy and for others it's a means of showing a measure of disrespect. Whatever I may think of Kellen Moore's play calling, I still respect him as a person. And that means I make the effort to spell his name right.. Moore just seems to freeze up when stuff isn't working and that bothers me. I think he's a brilliant football mind.. and I hope he is using it for some other team next year.

Wait people post to this site from their cell phones?

Wow.. talk about having it bad.. That seems like way too much effort.. But to each his own..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mis-spelling a person's name is not really grammar.. For some it's just being lazy and for others it's a means of showing a measure of disrespect. Whatever I may think of Kellen Moore's play calling, I still respect him as a person. And that means I make the effort to spell his name right.. Moore just seems to freeze up when stuff isn't working and that bothers me. I think he's a brilliant football mind.. and I hope he is using it for some other team next year.

Wow.. talk about having it bad.. That seems like way too much effort.. But to each his own..
Stop being a prick.. as in prickly pear....I wouldn't want to get benched because of the likes of you....you're a sorry individual if you harp on this crap....stay off my threads, Mr. PERFECT.....

Buzzbait

Reaction score
quit hating on Moore, he's doing the best he can with what he's working with.
hating fans

Hating fans??? Why, I never heard such a thing. We don't have any fans like that. :laugh:
Personally I'm not sold on KM's value as an OC. I'd much rather see MM calling plays.
Some have called KM a brilliant football mind. I haven't seen that.
He reminds me of Garrett, and Garrett is not a brilliant football mind. :(

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Hating fans??? Why, I never heard such a thing. We don't have any fans like that. :laugh:
Personally I'm not sold on KM's value as an OC. I'd much rather see MM calling plays.
Some have called KM a brilliant football mind. I haven't seen that.
He reminds me of Garrett, and Garrett is not a brilliant football mind. :(
me too Arron Rodgers said mike has a mind that was untapped.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Stop being a prick.. as in prickly pear....I wouldn't want to get benched because of the likes of you....you're a sorry individual if you harp on this crap....stay off my threads, Mr. PERFECT.....
Lol that guy is on my shortlist for the biggest chuckleheads on this Forum. Don’t even bother responding to him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

It must suck being you.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Dude are you seriously upset cause I pointed out that you spelled the man's name wrong? I mean you can't take a joke? A simple "oops fat fingers" and move on will do. I see the mods fixed it. Nobody really cares all that much about grammar and spelling.. I certainly don't. Unless the grammar and spelling errors make the meaning of sentences hard to understand.. which can happen.. but most times one can discern what is meant..

And I didn't harp on it.. I made one mention of it several hours ago and forgot about it. Somebody else brought it back.. I assume as a joke which is how I took it.. This is sports talk.. a lot of sports talk involved buddies giving each other grief.. It's what guys do.. I mean didn't you say you coached for a long time? Did your guys not give each other good natured crap when you were coaching? Didn't your teammates do it when you were coming up? I know mine did.. and still do.. at least the ones I am still in touch with.

Sorry if you're touchy about it.. There's no need to be.. it's not that serious.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude are you seriously upset cause I pointed out that you spelled the man's name wrong? I mean you can't take a joke? A simple "oops fat fingers" and move on will do. I see the mods fixed it. Nobody really cares all that much about grammar and spelling.. I certainly don't. Unless the grammar and spelling errors make the meaning of sentences hard to understand.. which can happen.. but most times one can discern what is meant..

And I didn't harp on it.. I made one mention of it several hours ago and forgot about it. Somebody else brought it back.. I assume as a joke which is how I took it.. This is sports talk.. a lot of sports talk involved buddies giving each other grief.. It's what guys do.. I mean didn't you say you coached for a long time? Did your guys not give each other good natured crap when you were coaching? Didn't your teammates do it when you were coming up? I know mine did.. and still do.. at least the ones I am still in touch with.

Sorry if you're touchy about it.. There's no need to be.. it's not that serious.
Wasn't a joke...you made a point of it...shows what kind of man you are...i dont like people like you. You think you're above others and post a dissertation that most won't bother to read....either you have a sad existence or you are just that kinda guy....either way, I have no use for the likes of you.

And don't call me dude....that's a bad word where I come from.