Will the Cowboys pick up the option on Hurns?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I guess I like it a lot more than you do

There are only so many targets to go with Zeke and the TEs

We are talking about adding depth that will be 5-6th options

ACooper
Gallup
Zeke
Barwin
Slot WR
Schultz
RB3
NBrown
CWilson
This list is thirsty for more playmakers, this offense doesn't improve. If your RB and Jarwin are your 3rd and 4th options in the passing game, nobody is going to respect the pass, and your slot WR has to be a playmaker to have an explosive offense. I'm adding, at least, Golden Tate and Austin to that group. And I'm seeing what the cost would be for both Tevin Coleman and Duke Johnson.

conner01

Reaction score
Naming the four.... Williams, Beasley, Hurns, Austin? That leaves a rather bare refrigerator. I would keep one of Bease, Austin, Hurns. Got a three sided coin? :). Make that two-sided, I'm not a big fan of Austin's fragility.
I think this draft has several good slot prospects so could be good time to replace Beasley
Austin I think if he could stay healthy could help the team but he’s also expensive
Hurns is a good guy but not enough production for the cost
I agree we need to keep one but that one may be a FA signing rather than one of these and I think we draft a slot guy because this draft seems deep there

vlad

Reaction score
I'm very surprised by how many people would pick up the option, particularly compared to the sentiment I've seen on Beasley. I don't see any reason to pick it up.

You have your top two WRs, you need to decide on Beasley or go get another slot. You need to figure out what you are doing w/ Tavon. I don't see how Hurns is any more material to your team than Noah Brown.

conner01

Reaction score
I'm very surprised by how many people would pick up the option, particularly compared to the sentiment I've seen on Beasley. I don't see any reason to pick it up.

You have your top two WRs, you need to decide on Beasley or go get another slot. You need to figure out what you are doing w/ Tavon. I don't see how Hurns is any more material to your team than Noah Brown.
I think you can find Hurns talent for same money in free agency. Maybe cheaper and maybe more productive
No way I pickup option on Hurns