Will the Cowboys trade a player for a pick?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tank being on the Tag is less desirable trade for teams given what he wants for pay ie a Bell or Brown type, hard to move so Byron all day, we do have Lewis and can draft another to replace Lewis, let Kris pick the guy in the draft..IMO Byron had few good games early but got burned a lot late..not huge fan anyway.the gap between him and Lewis isn't really much..

blueblood70

Reaction score
IMO draft day we need to TRY and im assuming they might package some 2019 and 2020 lower picks to find a way back to lower first round should guy be sitting there they really want..DT might eb this guy given depth at the postion and a need here..i see that happening long before a player trade..

visionary

Reaction score
Sign Tank
Trade Byron. I'll take a second for him easy. He's a good not great CB who is way way over rated by this fan base. He'll want elite CB money next year and he's not worth it.
Pick a CB with the second rd pick you get for Byron
Lee takes a pay cut or is cut
Don't re-sign Beasley
With the money you anticipate not paying Byron, sign Grady Jarrett and ET this off season

Last edited:

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why in the heck would we trade our only pass rusher and best DLineman, and Richard is in love with Jones. As much as people hate TWill , I think he's back.
The first 2/3 of your post made sense. TWill is long gone though. There's no reason to keep him and we save 3.5 M on the cap by cutting him.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
History says they will sit pat and draft the players still on the board.
The cost to move into round 1 simply destroys another year’s draft.
Nope, Cooper is our #1 pick....simply draft the board from there.
I'm fine with coop being our #1 pick. 24 year old pro Bowler. Great use of the pick.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think it is more of just us fans wanting a 1st round pick so we have something to anticipate on the first draft night. :laugh:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not convinced that the Cowboys are going to wait around until late in the second round to make a pick in this draft. I think there is at least the possibility that the Cowboys attempt to move up and offload some upcoming salary burden this offseason.

Tank, Byron, Lee and TWill are possibly salary cap moves. Lee may net a late pick in the draft (probably won't based on his play) and TWill is probably going to be an outright cut.

Tank and Byron are two guys that have significant value in a potential trade. I believe someone would give a 1st for Tank. I also believe someone would give up a 2nd for Byron.

If you believe that Richard was the reason that Byron "blew up" this year, then you move on from Byron and save his $50m hit.

I like both players. I'm just not sure Tank is worth $100m over 5 years and I'm not sure Byron isn't a product of Richard (former legion of boom coach).

So, how do you propose we trade tank or byron when neither is currently under contract?