Will the Regular Season be meaningful for you?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The more games they add to the regular season the more it increases the the odds the Cowboys will continue to sputter out late in the year. Had the playoffs started after the first seven games this season I would’ve liked our chances. We had a very good team after the first seven games.
So would AZ.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So would AZ.

Yep they faded. They were real good earlier in the season and so was Kyler Murray. Once he got injured and they lost DeAndre Hopkins they sputtered out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Where are you guys at when it comes to caring about the regular season moving forward?

For me it’s just ruined. There is nothing we can really learn about this team that would give me any confidence headed into the playoffs.

If you want to get hyped by Dallas beating bad teams and brag about their stats then be my guest but unfortunately for the Cowboys they won’t get to play many bad playoff teams.

I think Jerry has to do something that will get fans at least interested in regular season football again and just a status quo off-season with no real acquisitions but rookies is not going to cut it.

He has to find a way to give fans hope and right now it looks like the plan is to do nothing and just line up and try the same thing.
Your inability to see back more than one season is just sad. After the 2020 season, the outlook of this team was dreadful. A 6-10 season will do that. It's too bad you've already forgotten what that felt like. Where this team has gone since that time should absolutely delight you. A one-season turnaround from that to 12-5 is outstanding but somehow you can't see it. This regular season should tell you this team is headed in the right direction. The last thing that should be on your mind is blowing it up. Now is the time to evaluate and build on our gains from the 2021 season. For those of us with the ability to be object, 2022 was a meaningful season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Your inability to see back more than one season is just sad. After the 2020 season, the outlook of this team was dreadful. A 6-10 season will do that. It's too bad you've already forgotten what that felt like. Where this team has gone since that time should absolutely delight you. A one-season turnaround from that to 12-5 is outstanding but somehow you can't see it. This regular season should tell you this team is headed in the right direction. The last thing that should be on your mind is blowing it up. Now is the time to evaluate and build on our gains from the 2021 season. For those of us with the ability to be object, 2022 was a meaningful season.

You’re serious?

I should just appreciate this season and all the bad teams we beat?

You think this was a stepping stone season and now we have something to build on or something?

I can’t believe you actually posted that. Jerry is thankful for fans like you.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where are you guys at when it comes to caring about the regular season moving forward?

For me it’s just ruined. There is nothing we can really learn about this team that would give me any confidence headed into the playoffs.

If you want to get hyped by Dallas beating bad teams and brag about their stats then be my guest but unfortunately for the Cowboys they won’t get to play many bad playoff teams.

I think Jerry has to do something that will get fans at least interested in regular season football again and just a status quo off-season with no real acquisitions but rookies is not going to cut it.

He has to find a way to give fans hope and right now it looks like the plan is to do nothing and just line up and try the same thing.

Maybe Jerry will finally address the curse and induct Jimmy into the ROH. That would get our interest for at least a week. I don't care if we go 9-8 as long as we advance in the playoffs. My model is the 2007 Giants who got in at 9-7 as a wild card and beat Brady in the super bowl. Thats a great season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You’re serious?

I should just appreciate this season and all the bad teams we beat?

You think this was a stepping stone season and now we have something to build on or something?

I can’t believe you actually posted that. Jerry is thankful for fans like you.
So now I suppose you want me to apologize for stepping on your doom & gloom with this team. No sir, that I will not do. We are clearly in two different headspaces. I'm optimistic and you are the eternal pessimist. I'm perfectly okay with us having opposing outlooks concerning the current state of the Dallas Cowboys. You'll not dissuade me from my point of view and I'm okay with not being able to dissuade you from yours. You are entitled to feel any way you want about it. But don't go insisting others feel the same way.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So now I suppose you want me to apologize for stepping on your doom & gloom with this team. No sir, that I will not do. We are clearly in two different headspaces. I'm optimistic and you are the eternal pessimist. I'm perfectly okay with us having opposing outlooks concerning the current state of the Dallas Cowboys. You'll not dissuade me from my point of view and I'm okay with not being able to dissuade you from yours. You are entitled to feel any way you want about it. But don't go insisting others feel the same way.

If you’re optimistic about this team be my guest.

I just like to look at the reality of things. If being delusional works for you then by all means have at it.

cowboyz

Reaction score
I don’t get excited like I used too. I can easily walk away from a game nowadays and go do something else, one of the reasons being this exact same original post.

I can change the channel to watch Herbert play on CBS, while Dak is moving like a robot on Fox.
I can't I bought into the reality tv show of the cowboys, the other games aren't interesting. I put it on red zone if cowboys aren't playing

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

Yes it will. I will always believe in this team. I, and the rest of us homers will eventually be right one day when I/we say "We're going to the Super Bowl!" Right? Lol I hope! *praying hands*

Cowboys are the only sports team I care about now since Timmy/Manu/Tony are all retired. Basketball is almost unwatchable now. Nothing but soft divas playing in this current era.

Like I have been doing for the past 40 years, I will have fun if they do good and be disappointed when they don't. The Joneses and Dak are not going anywhere any time soon so no use in complaining about that.

I predict we surprise everyone with a 13-4 record, first round bye and a Super Bowl win to shut everyone up!

jk No more bold predictions anymore from this homer. :(

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Since 2003 the Cowboys made the playoffs 8 times and went one and done 5 times. 26 years and counting since their last Super Bowl win and divisional round win.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Regular season can tell you what kind of team you have. 2nd half of this season told us we weren’t ready. Niners was somewhat predictable. Arizona game was THAT game.

GMO415

Reaction score
We only get 17 games so I embrace each victory. Now with that said, those season wins don't translate to the post season. I will no longer think otherwise with this team, until this teams culture changes.

JustChip

Reaction score
Next years schedule should be brutal. If they somehow beat Green Bay, Rams, etc. then maybe I’ll be more in on them. Otherwise it’s just more of the same.
It’s a tear to year league. But I wouldn’t bet on them winning the East next year. There are 14 common games for the Division teams. The only difference is which are home and which are away for the NFC North and AFC South games. I don’t see them sweeping the East opponents other than probably NY and neither do I see them being swept. So, it’s going to boil down to the 3 non-common games:

Dallas: Rams, Tampa, Cincy
Philly: Cards, Saints, Pitt
WFT: 49ers, Falcons, Browns
NY: who cares? They’re going to suck

Again, nothing is assured from year to year, but on balance I see Dallas’ 3 games as being the most difficult.

Pitt is not going to be good next year and the Saints depend on what the can do at QB so they’re 3 look to be easier.

The 49ers will be good, possibly winning a very tough division good. Falcons won’t be. Who knows on the Browns. But taken together, their 3 games are probably on par with the Eagles’. The limiting factor for Washington is they don’t have a QB.

So, the net of it is that the Division will be very competitive with probably only 1 win determining the winner. Just based on the schedule and the off-season challenges this team faces, I think it unlikely the Cowboys repeat.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I will eagerly watch every regular season game next year. For me it’s kind of becoming like fantasy football because I know it will all come to an end week 18. The main difference is my fantasy football team won the league championship.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you’re optimistic about this team be my guest.

I just like to look at the reality of things. If being delusional works for you then by all means have at it.
Being "delusional" certainly works for you if you think what you are saying is "reality". Have a good day, sir.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Yes because they will be playing the other division winners so we will get to see right away if they learned anything from this debacle.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As deflated as everyone is many will be back in full force once training camp starts pumping optimism. They’ll be fans spinning “something just feels different this about this team” once the preseason starts. lol The fans claiming they’re done with the team will start reappearing once the draft gets here.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Didn't trust this year's team or no team since 1996. People parade stats around hyping up Dak, but the only stat that matters is the playoff record...not bashing Dak, just an example. The real season starts in the playoffs, the regular season is for entertainment. Also, Jerry doesn't care and the players feel that...they just like him n MM all about the paper.