Will the Regular Season be meaningful for you?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It seems like the teams that start off slow and come on strong at the end of the season are the most dangerous. Tampa was 7-5 last season and caught fire the final month of the season. KC got off to a 3-4 start this season and finished the season winning 9 of their last 10. They looked like they weren’t even going to make the playoffs after the first seven games. While they were struggling at 3-4 we were rolling at 6-1. More proof that it’s not how you start it’s how you finish.

buddieluver

Reaction score
After the Cowboys lost I felt like I was in a relationship with a cheating girlfriend who never changes so probably not.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Where are you guys at when it comes to caring about the regular season moving forward?

For me it’s just ruined. There is nothing we can really learn about this team that would give me any confidence headed into the playoffs.

If you want to get hyped by Dallas beating bad teams and brag about their stats then be my guest but unfortunately for the Cowboys they won’t get to play many bad playoff teams.

I think Jerry has to do something that will get fans at least interested in regular season football again and just a status quo off-season with no real acquisitions but rookies is not going to cut it.

He has to find a way to give fans hope and right now it looks like the plan is to do nothing and just line up and try the same thing.
[SMH] This is the NFL {every game matters} not the NBA or MLB. There are only 17 Regular Season Games [NBA = 82 games | MLB = 162 games] - Every game is MEANINGFUL & IMPORTANT in football. By the time August & Sept. comes, EVERYONE will be excited and ready for football. We'll have a FIRST-PLACE schedule, so the CYNICAL people that complain we can only defeat "bad teams" will see firsthand what this team is made of. In order to go further next season IMPROVEMENT is needed on O-line, D-line, Special Teams [Kicker] and the RUNNING GAME or lack thereof. I wouldn't mind a change at O.C. but I doubt that will happen. Despite what transpired on Sunday this is a GOOD TEAM and there are GOOD PIECES to build on..

Zman5

Reaction score
Where are you guys at when it comes to caring about the regular season moving forward?

For me it’s just ruined. There is nothing we can really learn about this team that would give me any confidence headed into the playoffs.

If you want to get hyped by Dallas beating bad teams and brag about their stats then be my guest but unfortunately for the Cowboys they won’t get to play many bad playoff teams.

I think Jerry has to do something that will get fans at least interested in regular season football again and just a status quo off-season with no real acquisitions but rookies is not going to cut it.

He has to find a way to give fans hope and right now it looks like the plan is to do nothing and just line up and try the same thing.

You are the definition of a "bandwagon fan". I lived through the glory years in the 70s and the 90s. I also watched during the 80s teams, Campo years, and JG years. I'll watch till I can no longer physically watch and care about the Cowboys. No matter what. I'll complain, get disappointed, get mad, cheer, laugh, and give my opinion for good and bad. That's what a lifelong fan should do.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
…..one hopes you may realize now that the alleged “haters” were merely well informed, and well meaning fellow fans that were playing devils advocate to the fairly dust that was being sprinkled around here

it wasn’t meant to incite bickering or blow up threads….it was only to meant to show that the strength of the opponents we beat was not indicative of how we would do against strong teams in the playoffs

unfortunately for all of us it turned out to be correct…..but there was never anything approaching hatred…….just honesty in our evaluations of the teams capabilities
I knew we were done this season after the Arizona game. Quickly losing faith in Cowboys leadership for next season. Not sure what it will take to turn this team into post season winners. Will continue to watch them with almost morbid interest.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You are the definition of a "bandwagon fan". I lived through the glory years in the 70s and the 90s. I also watched during the 80s teams, Campo years, and JG years. I'll watch till I can no longer physically watch and care about the Cowboys. No matter what. I'll complain, get disappointed, get mad, cheer, laugh, and give my opinion for good and bad. That's what a lifelong fan should do.

Oh yeah. What a bandwagon I’m on too.

Imagine calling any Cowboy fans a bandwagon fan after not winning squat in decades. Bandwagon fan of what? Losing and being disappointed? Are you high?

Zman5

Reaction score
Oh yeah. What a bandwagon I’m on too.

Imagine calling any Cowboy fans a bandwagon fan after not winning squat in decades. Bandwagon fan of what? Losing and being disappointed? Are you high?

LOL. So you only care if the Cowboys are winning SBs? That's the definition of a bandwagon fan. Maybe you should have followed the Patriots before Brady left instead.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL. So you only care if the Cowboys are winning SBs? That's the definition of a bandwagon fan. Maybe you should have followed the Patriots before Brady left instead.

Yes.. I do not celebrate a good regular season.

As terrible as the Jones’s are even they will tell you that winning a Super Bowl is what matters.

Zman5

Reaction score
Yes.. I do not celebrate a good regular season.

As terrible as the Jones’s are even they will tell you that winning a Super Bowl is what matters.

Yeh but that's not the only thing that is meaningful. You can't get to the Super Bowl unless you have a good regular season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Bro. That’s the rollercoaster ride we get to enjoy and talk about. That’s the game. Get the division and get in. We need to make some changes. Get that swag and play to continue through the whole season. We got lazy in the second half of the season. That’s coaching. Can’t remember who we lost to but the players said the practices were not good. MM had to get his staff on these guys. It will be interesting to see what changes happen. Now if there are no changes I will be upset. Obvious changes needs to happen. And if he don’t then HC needs to go..

Ozone22

Reaction score
The regular season will have to be meaningful if they want to make it into the playoffs and break the playoff curse.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Meaningful? Her to quantify. Will a divisional championship mean anything to me? No

Do I enjoy watching the games and enjoy watching the cowboys win to try and make the playoffs? Yes

But ultimately anything less than an NFC championship game appearance is failure to me.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Love watching the Cowboys. I still get upset we lose but I must admit I more sanguine in my old age. Only stupidity gets my goat now ( things like our 40m QB) but next year should be very interesting.
Looking forward to it, madness isnt it.

bigE79

Reaction score

For that **** show we saw in the wildcard game,we would have been better off tanking...lol

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Well said Zman, you are the DEFINITION of a REAL FAN..:starspin: