Will this be the most boring offseason ever?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Is anything exciting going to happen? Like a curveball that I don't foresee? Sean Payton hire out of nowhere?

The draft? No first round pick and we pick towards the back of the 2nd round.

FA? Maybe we bring in Earl Thomas but most of that money is going towards our own guys.

Surprise offensive coordinator hire? I don't think it's a coincidence that Kellen Moore has not been officially named OC.

Is there a trade we could pull off? What do we even need that would be worth pulling off a trade for?

The whole thing is set for a status quo offseason and another year of Garrett's offense trying to out athlete our opponents which we all know will not work.

Anything to get excited about?

It’s not likely that it’s going to be boring with just the amount of FA’s that we have.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Cowboy offseasons have been pretty boring ever since the FA excitement/disaster of 2012.

Reactions: ICP

Rajveer

Reaction score
Is anything exciting going to happen? Like a curveball that I don't foresee? Sean Payton hire out of nowhere?

FA? Maybe we bring in Earl Thomas but most of that money is going towards our own guys.

Surprise offensive coordinator hire? I don't think it's a coincidence that Kellen Moore has not been officially named OC.

Is there a trade we could pull off? What do we even need that would be worth pulling off a trade for?

The whole thing is set for a status quo offseason and another year of Garrett's offense trying to out athlete our opponents which we all know will not work.

Nope. :grin:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
We like our guys.

Free agents are players other teams didn't want.

Kellen Moore was being squashed last year by the evil tyrant Scott Linehan. Now that Kellen is free, expect nonstop fireworks on offense. He is highly respected around the league, which is why you are seeing zero reports of that from anyone not tied to/or employed by the Cowboys.

Wanted to save the Fan Boys some time and just post all their takes at once.

Also, the Bahamas ain't coming to the Jones family.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We like our guys.

Kellen Moore was being squashed last year by the evil tyrant Scott Linehan. Now that Kellen is free, expect nonstop fireworks on offense. He is highly respected around the league, which is why you are seeing zero reports of that from anyone not tied to/or employed by the Cowboys.

That blow up in the teams face.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We like our guys.

Day 1 of free agency and they slap their fans in the face by going on vacation.

lukin2006

Reaction score

I realize we are not in a position to make this happen, the trade I would love to have been able to make is to move up and draft the OSU QB, but I think he might be a Giant on draft day...

Gremell12

Reaction score
Jerry himself said we are still far away...hope its not that “we like our guys” crap again

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rush and or White.
now but I believe we need more insurance because if this team doesnt play from far enough ahead or behind they are never going to get a rookie r young inexperienced player any snaps, we then need VEt who can come in cold and save game or two..Dak doesnt get hurt enough at this point how can you develop such young raw players only in practice?they never take opportunity's like the Colt game, Jags game, and the final giants game to get some prolonged snaps to the backups..we dont know what we have and most likely its nothing..so gt vet backup..carry White as third non active cut rush..

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The bar for most boring offseason was set by 2009.
That was the year of the "special teams draft," where we didn't pick until the 3rd round. Of the 12 guys drafted, the most successful were John Phillips and David Buehler.
Our big FA signings were Gerald Sensabaugh and Igor Olshansky.
The most interesting things that happened were releasing TO and Roy Williams (original flavor: we kept the new-and-by-no-means-improved variety).

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
We're probably going to drop 3 or 4 mega-deals this offseason, so that'll be fun. A Dak extension alone will keep this board going for 2 or 3 months.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I just don't find re-signing players that we already had as exciting and their approach to Free Agency is underwhelming.
I'll take the boring solid drafting and re-signing our own players route over the overpaying for the Brandon Carrs of the world in FA, because you have to, type of "exciting" any day, thanks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'll take the boring solid drafting and re-signing our own players route over the overpaying for the Brandon Carrs of the world in FA, because you have to, type of "exciting" any day, thanks.

So because Brandon Carr wasn't the best player ever we have to ignore Free Agency when so many other teams are having success because of their free agency?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So because Brandon Carr wasn't the best player ever we have to ignore Free Agency when so many other teams are having success because of their free agency?
Yes. If you are bad at something, stop trying it.

Duh?

The Cowboys Front Office doesn't really do anything to ensure they actually get better, they just hope everyone else gets worse.

GenoT

Reaction score
Lawrence? Beasley? Irving? Dak extension? Restructuring of the O-staff? The draft? Rico?

Throw in a coupla barroom scrapes, a DUI or two, maybe a drug suspension — plus the usual allotment of Jerry-speak — and I foresee excitement a-plenty coming our way this offseason.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I don't believe I ever said ignore FA but spin in any way you want to. Let me guess, if Tank was an UFA for another team and we were thinking of signing him you'd be creaming your jeans? Ridiculous.