Will this be the most boring offseason ever?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Is anything exciting going to happen? Like a curveball that I don't foresee? Sean Payton hire out of nowhere?

The draft? No first round pick and we pick towards the back of the 2nd round.

FA? Maybe we bring in Earl Thomas but most of that money is going towards our own guys.

Surprise offensive coordinator hire? I don't think it's a coincidence that Kellen Moore has not been officially named OC.

Is there a trade we could pull off? What do we even need that would be worth pulling off a trade for?

The whole thing is set for a status quo offseason and another year of Garrett's offense trying to out athlete our opponents which we all know will not work.

Anything to get excited about?
What’s wrong with boring if they improve the team? Splash is for fools.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Is anything exciting going to happen? Like a curveball that I don't foresee? Sean Payton hire out of nowhere?

FA? Maybe we bring in Earl Thomas but most of that money is going towards our own guys.

Surprise offensive coordinator hire? I don't think it's a coincidence that Kellen Moore has not been officially named OC.

Is there a trade we could pull off? What do we even need that would be worth pulling off a trade for?

The whole thing is set for a status quo offseason and another year of Garrett's offense trying to out athlete our opponents which we all know will not work.

I am excited to see what cooper rush and Mike white do in preseason. I believe one of them could put Dak on his heels.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
the most exciting news, for me, this off season would be to hear that Dak is improving during training camp, and then to see it during the preseason.
Yeah but you’ll still trash him every time you get the chance. Dak, like most players of his type character, do improve every year and so will Dak this off season.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well we get wr rookie Cedrick Wilson back, showed good stuff in camp. Broaddus mentioned this recently. And also Terrance Williams.

Yep. Wilson is an interesting player. I keep forgetting Terrence is still on the team.

Maybe David Irving gives us another Twitter post about another birthday threeway or gets in a fist fight with his own dad or something. You never know.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yeah but you’ll still trash him every time you get the chance. Dak, like most players of his type character, do improve every year and so will Dak this off season.

I'm just not delusional. If a player I like has issues, I'll accept he has those issues. Of course I'll say something if I see threads full of things that I see as nonsense, like saying how he is better than brady and rodgers and such. In my book, you wait until his first super bowl before making such claims.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score

We haven’t signed anyone exciting since Greg Hardy and he didn’t pan out. The last few off seasons are all a blurr to me because they’ve all been the same in free agency

ShortRound

Reaction score
I’m waiting for the Garrett extension, to watch this place implode.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Be careful, Dak might just get Romo'D.

J12B

Reaction score
Well considering what we saw just last year (Hurns, Thompson, Ealy).....I would say no.

What a stupid thread by the way.

The front office is looking to a hire a new offensive coordinator, looking to resign Tank (possible franchise tag drama), possibly extending Dak, Cooper, Jones, even Zeke. I'm sure there will be other interesting story lines to follow as well.

Again, what a stupid thread

Aven8

Reaction score

Absolutely not. We should take another step but this is JG here. We probably go backwards again. Like every year after a decent season. Players will get hurt, etc. So many variables each season. I’m dying for a new offense most of all.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
For something to do we could start some sort of pool predicting which 2-3 players get suspended.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

What do you think?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll be "excited" if they do anything to clear cap space.

Releasing Hurns, in particular, means that they're going to make a move somewhere.

It's going to be a sad day when Sean Lee gets released though.

Hurns is doubtful to even play football in 2019. His foot was pointing backwards after the injury...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm just not delusional. If a player I like has issues, I'll accept he has those issues. Of course I'll say something if I see threads full of things that I see as nonsense, like saying how he is better than brady and rodgers and such. In my book, you wait until his first super bowl before making such claims.
Just spin to try and convince yourself you’re not a negative Nancy.

Hadenough

Reaction score

The only thing I can see that could happen to cause some excitement and optimism is when its Dallas turn in the 2nd round and there is some monster DT sitting on the board and it would make so much sense for Dallas to take him thats when they trade back into the 3rd round for an extra 6th round pick and draft an oline player.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
Well considering what we saw just last year (Hurns, Thompson, Ealy).....I would say no.

What a stupid thread by the way.

The front office is looking to a hire a new offensive coordinator, looking to resign Tank (possible franchise tag drama), possibly extending Dak, Cooper, Jones, even Zeke. I'm sure there will be other interesting story lines to follow as well.

Again, what a stupid thread

I agree, pretty ridiculous thread, it doesn't surprise me tho, given who the OP is. Cowboys fans have been met with boring offseasons year after year, so this won't be worse than the others.. You'd think someone who has been around here as much as the OP has, he would know this by now.