Will we still win the NFC East?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Well it would be pretty embarrassing if they wouldn't just mop the floor with Washington and the Giants.

Dunno about the Eagles yet, but we should be better as a whole.

So yes, winning the division back to back is absolutely doable. But that's not what I'm worried about. Getting into the playoffs and then one and out is just as bad as missing the playoffs.

So either way, what matters is what they can do in January.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.

NO

Jarntt

Reaction score
I think we may have fallen behind Philly from a “favorite” perspective after The Tyron injury but we absolutely can still win the division and it’s still kind of a toss up IMO.

Anyone who remotely follows the Cowboys knew Tyron was going to get hurt so the impact is a little less on our outlook than it would be for most teams, but the hope was he’d only miss 3 or 4 games. So Missing the year obviously hurts us. We must find a way to patch this line together. Our head in the sand approach of finding a swing tackle now has a spotlight on it and shows how inept and unprepared our front office is. Looks like T Smith 73 at LT and McGovern at LG. Right now our line isn’t looking so great, but I do think T Smith 73 will do pretty well after a couple of games. It’s more his inexperience which will lead to some mistakes combined with McGovern who was so bad he caused us to go back to Williams and Biadasz who also needs to be much better. Heck even Steele is still a little bit of an unknown. At this point I’d be ok with bringing in a OT or an OG and leaving the kid at LT. I’m more and more interested in seeing Farniok get some snaps somewhere on this line.

But, as long as Hurts is the Philly QB they won’t be much better than us. He just can’t throw the ball well enough to be a good QB. If teams are able to keep him in the pocket, I think even with his receiving options (I think Brown and Goedert are both fantastic and while I think Smith is overrated he does have potential) he will make big mistakes and hold them back.

if we can stop the run and I think we’ll end up playing Gallimore and Bohanna a lot together on run downs to do so, I think our defense will be good. I’m pretty sure our pass rush is going to be good. If we get Gallup back after around a month or so I think the offense will be good also. The sky hasn’t fallen by any means but it’s teetering a little right now

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.

I would now bet that the Eagles have the advantage. And that is assuming that Jerry does little to nothing signing someone to start at LT.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the cowboys are going to be good, and they will win the east. All Dak needs to do is tuck the ball and take sacks safely and throw balls away, and the offense will be good. The defense and special teams should be strong

That didnt even make sense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think we may have fallen behind Philly from a “favorite” perspective after The Tyron injury but we absolutely can still win the division and it’s still kind of a toss up IMO.

Anyone who remotely follows the Cowboys knew Tyron was going to get hurt so the impact is a little less on our outlook than it would be for most teams, but the hope was he’d only miss 3 or 4 games. So Missing the year obviously hurts us. We must find a way to patch this line together. Our head in the sand approach of finding a swing tackle now has a spotlight on it and shows how inept and unprepared our front office is. Looks like T Smith 73 at LT and McGovern at LG. Right now our line isn’t looking so great, but I do think T Smith 73 will do pretty well after a couple of games. It’s more his inexperience which will lead to some mistakes combined with McGovern who was so bad he caused us to go back to Williams and Biadasz who also needs to be much better. Heck even Steele is still a little bit of an unknown. At this point I’d be ok with bringing in a OT or an OG and leaving the kid at LT. I’m more and more interested in seeing Farniok get some snaps somewhere on this line.

But, as long as Hurts is the Philly QB they won’t be much better than us. He just can’t throw the ball well enough to be a good QB. If teams are able to keep him in the pocket, I think even with his receiving options (I think Brown and Goedert are both fantastic and while I think Smith is overrated he does have potential) he will make big mistakes and hold them back.

if we can stop the run and I think we’ll end up playing Gallimore and Bohanna a lot together on run downs to do so, I think our defense will be good. I’m pretty sure our pass rush is going to be good. If we get Gallup back after around a month or so I think the offense will be good also. The sky hasn’t fallen by any means but it’s teetering a little right now

The fact that he will probably miss the entire season as opposed to 3 or 4 games changes everything. That is big big difference.

Any hope of the cowboys being able to run the ball consistently just went out the window. the offense will be one dimensional at best and the pass protection will be even worse.

People will continue to play at two deep zone or 3 deep shell and dare us to run the ball. Like the 2nd half of last year we wont be able to combat it other than short quick passes and being patient.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Maybe you have much larger problems within the organization if the loss of just one starter on the o'line destroys your season.

Cincy made it to the super bowl last season with a far worse line than Dallas, so it CAN be done. The problem is whether they will try to compensate (next man up, etc) or will they go into a shell and give up like they used to do.

Any hope of the cowboys being able to run the ball consistently just went out the window. the offense will be one dimensional at best and the pass protection will be even worse.

Losing just one player on the line shouldn't be that detrimental.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
That the offense is going to be good as long as Dak keeps taking sacks and throws the ball away. Thats going to lead to lots of punts.

Yea, that is right. What I was saying is that when you have subpar offensive line play, the goal is to not turn the ball over, and not get the quarter back hurt. If Dak plays like he is going to score 40 points, he will most likely make turn overs and get beat up. If he plays like he has a good defense and special teams, plays field position, doens't try to force anything or make mistakes, they can win games scoring 15-25 points and win the east.

Dak is good. The offense will figure it out if they dont give it away

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If MM and his minions are gone by week 5 we have a chance

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea, that is right. What I was saying is that when you have subpar offensive line play, the goal is to not turn the ball over, and not get the quarter back hurt. If Dak plays like he is going to score 40 points, he will most likely make turn overs and get beat up. If he plays like he has a good defense and special teams, plays field position, doens't try to force anything or make mistakes, they can win games scoring 15-25 points and win the east.

Dak is good. The offense will figure it out if they dont give it away

Thats not what YOU said. You said we would have a good offense. Winning 15-25 is NOT a good offense.